• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
1 month ago#1
1st - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (no change)
2nd - Street Fighter V
3rd - Tekken 7
4th - Under Night In Birth
5th - Samurai Shodown
6th - Mortal Kombat 11
7th - Dragonball FighterZ
8th - Soul Calibur 6
9th - Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle

Any idea why this game has fallen off so hard competitively? I know the tournaments being blocked towards the end of 2018 were a factor, but that seems to be a non-issue at this point.

It's still early, so I can see it going up. Just seems odd that this game received such a huge patch and yet is still falling behind.
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife
(message deleted)

User Info: Burchyplus

Burchyplus
1 month ago#3
If you want a non troll reply. It's more likely that tournament play for fighterz is stale as f***, the new patch is a good breath of life but its the first actual shake to the meta since probably the Cell nerf.

Bardock, gotenks and yamcha just plagued the tournament scene everyone is fed up of watching that match. The patch is nice but it was only buffs, no decent nerfs to the top tiers. Which I guess is something they want to avoid but it simply isn't enough.
Why loot boxes are the worst thing in gaming:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207946-star-wars-battlefront-ii/76036841/891196567

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
1 month ago#4
Player_10 posted...
SpiralSwords posted...
Any idea why this game has fallen off so hard competitively?

People started realizing that button mashers are boring. {Took them long enough.} ¯\_(-_-)_/¯

But you still come here, so you must find dbfz "button mashing" fun. On topic, mk and samsho characters are getting reveals, so that helps boost registration. I am surprised samsho surpassed mortal kombat for now.
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Wolf, Dbfz: Cell/Bardock/SSJ Goku, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante
(message deleted)

User Info: DNC88

DNC88
1 month ago#6
I dare say that the threat of it never returning at the end of last year put a lot of people off.
PSN - DevilsNeverCry

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
1 month ago#7
Player_10 posted...
BluuberryPie posted...
Player_10 posted...
SpiralSwords posted...

People started realizing that button mashers are boring. {Took them long enough.} ¯\_(-_-)_/¯

But you still come here, so you must find dbfz "button mashing" fun.

I come here because there's nothing else to do.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hofEaNjZ7LTmGq4zue/giphy.mp4

Play mvc, or, whatever else, not like dbfz is the only fighting game that has a board here.
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Wolf, Dbfz: Cell/Bardock/SSJ Goku, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante

SpiralSwords
1 month ago#8
BluuberryPie posted...
Player_10 posted...
SpiralSwords posted...

But you still come here, so you must find dbfz "button mashing" fun. On topic, mk and samsho characters are getting reveals, so that helps boost registration. I am surprised samsho surpassed mortal kombat for now.

While those are factors, UNIB has none of that and is in 4th.

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
1 month ago#9
SpiralSwords posted...
BluuberryPie posted...
Player_10 posted...
SpiralSwords posted...

While those are factors, UNIB has none of that and is in 4th.

Do you guys even played UNISt ? this game is a gem of a fighter and deserve more recognition- so im not even surprised by this classment .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

SpiralSwords
1 month ago#10
I know how good UNIB is. The game in its entirety has only had a fraction of DBFZ's entrants, though.

I'm just wondering how it's managed to leap over it as much as it has.
  • Topic Archived