• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Do You think DBFZ has a Good Character Roster

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 month ago#21
unfortunately Movie villains were pretty restricted under the "canon" I mean it was pretty obvious what they were there for, to further merchandise the series now this isn't always a bad thing, alot of great characters came cause they decided to do this

but they were never allowed to really cut loose within keeping things to "still make sense" (even though movies nearly ALWAYS threw continuity out the window since there was no way you could work alot of the plots in without affecting the main series) I mean it was mocked Nappa killed a few people but Broly hasn't, but if Broly was allowed to cut loose I bet a couple of the Z fighters would have been killed but no everyone has to survive cause the plot demands it

ultimately I don't think the movie villains were irrelevant, I think they definitely gave us alternates of what was in the main series
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: GrandmaImFull

GrandmaImFull
1 month ago#22
No. Base roster was decent but overall it's garbage.

Nappa
Ginyu
4 Gokus
3 Vegetas
Videl
Jiren
2 Brolys
2 Goku fusions

User Info: acelog9

acelog9
1 month ago#23
Amazing roster:
Scouter Vegeta, Nappa and the Z Fighters for the Saiyan Saga.
Freezer and Ginyu for the Freezer Saga.
Almost everyone from the Cell and Androids Saga.
2 of the 3 Buu. Even Videl and SS3 Gotenks from the Buu Saga.
Almost all the important ones from Super (just missing Kefla and UI Goku).
Both rivals from the DB Super movie.
Some non canon movie ones like Broly and Cooler.
Probably the best 'serious' fighting game roster in a Dragon Ball game ever. Plus it's the first game so the roster number is pretty cool compared with many other fighters of this generation.
Buin, RM. Viva Chile!

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
1 month ago#24
GrandmaImFull posted...
No. Base roster was decent but overall it's garbage.

Nappa
Ginyu
4 Gokus
3 Vegetas
Videl
Jiren
2 Brolys
2 Goku fusions

You're a sage

NobleWill8 posted...
ChibiRidley posted...
FemtomShiling posted...
irrelevant trash like Nappa

FemtomShiling posted...
movie vilains

:

Exactly. Call Videl and Nappa irrelevant, but at least they actually did something to affect the series. I hate to be the "canon!!" guy, but technically, Janemba doesn't even exist. Nappa and Videl do.

>quoting to take things out of context as mean to cut my point .

Nappa and Videl was only relevant enough for 2 things :

Nappa : shows to be stronger than Z-fighters (ask yourself who isnt really) but they were just fodder just to show how strong Goku has become . Then proceeds to be oblitarated by Vegeta like the lame ass he actually is . meme character for a good reason .

Videl : somehow put up a fight against a beefed up/magically enhanced Spopovitch . Problem with that is that the dude is the weakest s*** ever as he cant even beat her father . Fight was just a filler so Gohan can have is Ki absorbed and for the plot to goes on . she NEVER actually fought again .

So movie vilains like Janemba may be uncanon but they are far more relevant as actual fighters and a movie is more focused and condensed so those characters showed way more in one movie than some has in the series .

And their movesets is painfull evidence of that : Nappa needs saibamen coz he has no moves and Videl needs Saiyaman assist to back her ass up . smh
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Do You think DBFZ has a Good Character Roster
  • Topic Archived