You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. How do you fight stupid?

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
4 weeks ago#1
Sometimes online I keep blocking and the only game plan seems mash square , call assist, SD, mash square as you Ir dash forward, then run away till assists are ready and try again ...bleh. brain hurts when it seems that autopilot is all they are doing and I take an L... git gud damnt, haha

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
4 weeks ago#2
You gotta be a bit patient and wait for them to do a stupid ass move. Wait for SD and heavy it back for example.

If it's the ones who jump/dash back the entire game, spam projectiles. This is why I love having SSJ Goku/Broly in my teams since they will fail if they keep doing that lame stuff.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
4 weeks ago#3
Those type if players are usually terrible on defensive and lacks patience .

Just wait for the inevitable mess up and punish em accordingly .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

JaiOfManyNames
4 weeks ago#4
Yeah, I noticed that when I pressure them in the corner, they are always mashing so I just wind up reflecting their autocombos or just throwing them as soon as they jump. Still so annoying dealing with auto mashing drones. If autocorrect autocombos are ever nerfed they may completely disappear.
Biggest offenders are Bardock , 16, and goku black players it seems

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
4 weeks ago#5
Mostly patience. Reflect, 2H, raw level 3, mash light.

Bait them out.
"I'm an atheist too but still believe in hell. That's where you're headed pal." - Mr_Karate_II

User Info: PrismUFO

PrismUFO
4 weeks ago#6
Be patient, extremely patient. Don't do anything but blocking in hot situations, don't try a DP or something like that, and only go for normal sets ups that don't leave room for the opponent to try something other than reflect maybe.
Frame traps will definitely make them go ape too.
FighterZ : Vegeta Blue, Zamasu, Jiren / Black, Vegeta Blue, Jiren
BCF : Amane Nishiki, Susanoo | UNIST : Merkava | Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 : Ky Kiske

JaiOfManyNames
4 weeks ago#7
PrismUFO posted...
Be patient, extremely patient. Don't do anything but blocking in hot situations, don't try a DP or something like that, and only go for normal sets ups that don't leave room for the opponent to try something other than reflect maybe.
Frame traps will definitely make them go ape too.

Yea, I am finding it hilarious how many poor majins I have deranked and I am almost ssgod now

User Info: Phantom-Emperor

Phantom-Emperor
4 weeks ago#8
You people do realize fighterz is one of the few games where it encourages and let's you get away with bad habits as a player right?
Psn: PhantomEmperor
YouTube.com/ThePhantomEmperor

JaiOfManyNames
4 weeks ago#9
Phantom-Emperor posted...
You people do realize fighterz is one of the few games where it encourages and let's you get away with bad habits as a player right?

Well more or less as a staple online... yes I agree. There is a lot of crap people do that are autopilot and simple gameplan with bad habits all over the place . On a solid connection and especially offline that crap doesnt fly, but anything at 6 frames plus of delay and ham works more than it should so you have to look for all those crappy habits and punish them.

Most annoying thing is people that change strategies from one crappy plan to the next and alternate back and forth which offline would not work because you can react. Online though you get used to their habits and have to read into what they decide to KEEP doing.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Andros-2k10

Andros-2k10
4 weeks ago#10
JaiOfManyNames posted...
Phantom-Emperor posted...

Well more or less as a staple online... yes I agree. There is a lot of crap people do that are autopilot and simple gameplan with bad habits all over the place . On a solid connection and especially offline that crap doesnt fly, but anything at 6 frames plus of delay and ham works more than it should so you have to look for all those crappy habits and punish them.

Most annoying thing is people that change strategies from one crappy plan to the next and alternate back and forth which offline would not work because you can react. Online though you get used to their habits and have to read into what they decide to KEEP doing.

True. I've stopped playing online I can't be bothered
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420
Best Genre: Roguelites and Roguelikes. Best Game: Enter the Gungeon. Great Game: Dead Cells.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. How do you fight stupid?