You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. This is to my fellow Mahvel fans... how did fighterz shape up compared to it?

User Info: DeZAfinaltime

DeZAfinaltime
4 weeks ago#1
I have to be honest, aside from mvc3, this is the best fighting game ever for me. It was a dream come true ever since i first played marvel vs capcom as a kid. A dbz high energy tag fighter.

Sometimes this game really frustrates me but i just keep coming back. Lol. I feel once we get a sequel this game will surpass mvc. It has the potential but theres some mechanics that needs adjustments like the 10 second combo system. Although i guess thats a good thing sometimes...
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Phantom-Emperor

Phantom-Emperor
4 weeks ago#2
DeZAfinaltime posted...
I have to be honest, aside from mvc3, this is the best fighting game ever for me. It was a dream come true ever since i first played marvel vs capcom as a kid. A dbz high energy tag fighter.

Sometimes this game really frustrates me but i just keep coming back. Lol. I feel once we get a sequel this game will surpass mvc. It has the potential but theres some mechanics that needs adjustments like the 10 second combo system. Although i guess thats a good thing sometimes...

It won't surpass marvel, the entire game needs a rework not just the garbage mechanics. This game for example has barely any emphasis on neutral or fundamentals. There's also the fact zoning isn't a viable play style which is ridiculous. Also, majority of the cast plays way too similar and barely anyone is unique. Pretty much if this game didn't have dragon ball slapped on it then it would have failed harder than bb cross tag.
Psn: PhantomEmperor
YouTube.com/ThePhantomEmperor

User Info: NamSane

NamSane
4 weeks ago#3
Speaking for myself, this is my favorite fighting game of all time. Most fighting games eventually start to feel stale to me, and I stop playing some time before the end of the first season. For fighterz, I’m sitting here waiting for the season 2 fighters to release.
NID - NamSane. PSN - Daferfnafer. XBL - NamSane.

User Info: Jnino91

Jnino91
4 weeks ago#4
I find it to be a bit of a disappointment, coming from Marvel. Ultimately I find it to be a worse UMvC3 from a gameplay and fun perspective. Aside from stuff like Dark Vergil, Zero, Morrigan, and TAC infinite’s, I find UMvC3 to still be a better gameplay experience than Fighterz.

It’s good for a first entry and stands pretty well on its own, but coming from a similar and better gameplay experience in the MvC games, Fighterz has obvious flaws and design choices that just make you wonder who thought certain things were a good idea. There’s hope for the future though. If MvC4 happens and it’s a great entry, it’ll basically force Fighterz to step it’s game up.

I’ve said this before but if Fighterz and UMvC3 had both came out at the same time(think how well UMvC3’s roster is in today’s MCU age along with X-men/deadpool/Dr Doom being in the game), and went head to head, UMvC3 would have won out. If MvC4 at least captures UMvC3’s spirit but improves the gameplay from there, it’ll easily beat out Fighterz too, provided the roster is good.

The question is, is this Fighterz’s final form?

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
4 weeks ago#5
It could be better than Marvel but super dash needs some tweaks like just going to where the opponent was last and no more auto-correct for it. The source material holds back the game on gameplay, everyone pretty much plays the same and not varied like SF/GG where you everyone can easily see how Ryu/Bison/Zangief/Sol/Jam/Zato play.

The important thing is that DBFZ is still great and fun but can be forgotten if they don't make good improvements.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: Jnino91

Jnino91
4 weeks ago#6
Robin_Mask posted...
It could be better than Marvel but super dash needs some tweaks like just going to where the opponent was last and no more auto-correct for it. The source material holds back the game on gameplay, everyone pretty much plays the same and not varied like SF/GG where you everyone can easily see how Ryu/Bison/Zangief/Sol/Jam/Zato play.

The important thing is that DBFZ is still great and fun but can be forgotten if they don't make good improvements.

Honestly, I would even argue that giving Superdash Shoryuken recovery would be enough. You might have to undo it’s vulnerability to 2H, but personally I’d prefer the increased recovery versus having to anticipate a Super Dash being done from really close.

For those that don’t know, Shoryuken’s, if blocked, leave the user open to being punished until a few frames after they land on the ground.

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
4 weeks ago#7
Fighterz is pretty much it's own game now, since the patch is coming up its shaping up again soon.
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Dbfz: K. Buu/Hit/SSJ Vegeta, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
4 weeks ago#8
Jnino91 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Honestly, I would even argue that giving Superdash Shoryuken recovery would be enough. You might have to undo it’s vulnerability to 2H, but personally I’d prefer the increased recovery versus having to anticipate a Super Dash being done from really close.

For those that don’t know, Shoryuken’s, if blocked, leave the user open to being punished until a few frames after they land on the ground.

I wouldn't mind that either, just nerfing it a bit is fine.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: Number4Rocket

Number4Rocket
4 weeks ago#9
Phantom-Emperor posted...
This game for example has barely any emphasis on neutral or fundamentals.

The game favors setplay far more than neutral, but it's silly to say it barely requires fundamentals when Kazunoko literally became #1 in the world because of his fundies. (Seriously it amazes me sometimes how unoptimal Kaz can play and still win.)

The game makes you rage super hard because it does have tons of BS situations. It's also extra bad because online lag stutter causes far more BS.

But people love to way over-exaggerate. Neutral and especially fundamentals are extremely important in DBFZ.

This game often makes me a giant saltshaker but I still can't stop playing it because at the end of the day, it is still extremely fun despite the frustration it often causes.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Hell_Thrasher

Hell_Thrasher
4 weeks ago#10
I dropped Fighterz a while ago. Don't even care about season 2. The game just sorta lost it for me.

Went back to SF5 and TvC (which honestly, is far superior to Marvel).

Been playing some Tekken 7 and Smash, too. Literally every major fighter this gen, ASIDE from Fighterz, I've been playing.

And a few retro ones, too. Been importing the s*** out of Saturn games lately. Spent like $450 on Japanese Saturn games.
"If the anime doesn't make me question if I'm on cocaine, then it's not worth my time" - The greatest human being who ever lived.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. This is to my fellow Mahvel fans... how did fighterz shape up compared to it?