You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Goddamn GT sucks. *possible spoilers*

User Info: Lorulian

Lorulian
4 weeks ago#41
megasoniczxx posted...
Lorulian posted...
megasoniczxx posted...
Lorulian posted...
megasoniczxx posted...
I do wish they had gone back and redid it though since it had a lot great ideas (like the dragon balls becoming corrupt, an ancient race that's come back for revenge on the saiyans and goku's transformation actually making a whole lot of sense from a lore perspective), it was just lacking in execution.

GT gets a lot of credit for the Baby Saga as a good original idea, when in fact it just was a rip-off of the "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans" OVA.

Dr Myuu = Dr Lychee

Baby = Hatchiyack

They're both about a Tuffle wanting revenge against the Saiyans.

But apparently no one's seen the OVA, so GT takes all the credit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought that OVA came afterwards? I will admit I haven't seen it although I typically don't pay too much mind to the DBZ movies since they never have any bearing on the plot (kind of the same way with most anime movies).

The OVA came out afterwards in the west. But it's actually an old ass OVA, pre-dating GT's original run.

The original was never released here, only it's remake:

https://i.imgtc.com/O9prsUE.jpg

But yeah, GT directly stole the plotline from this OVA for the Baby Saga.

GT also ripped off early DB for it's first arc, going as far as copying entire storylines (the GT Trunks wedding episode is identical to Oolongs introduction).

Also Super 17 is very similar to Fusion Reborn (a story involving fusion and hell breaking loose).

GT is as unoriginal as they come, AND it was executed poorly.

Didn't actually catch onto the wedding episode (been a veeeerrrry long time since I watched DB) but wow, didn't realize it copied that much.

I feel like not a lot of people realize it either cause the OVA wasn't released in the West and many people skipped the original DB.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2, DQ XI, Sekiro, Samus Returns, Pokemon: Eevee, Dark Souls: RE, Fire Emblem: Echoes, DBFZ, Smash Ultimate

User Info: bigjclassic

bigjclassic
4 weeks ago#42
watching any DB dubbed is just bad and can ruin the experience, imo.

User Info: Kageyama

Kageyama
4 weeks ago#43
GT is bad and it only gets worse and worse with each episode. An absolute abomination from start to finish. I liked the SS4's design a lot and thought it made much more sense than hair changing colors but that's all GT has going for it.

User Info: GenHero

GenHero
4 weeks ago#44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5DX2NMPE1Q&t=52s

/Thread
FC: 2208 7704 9585 Pokemon Sun: IGN-Joey
PSN: GenHero
s***s on GT, yet wanted the priests and angles to be fan fiction villains. More GT characters will be in FighterZ. Get over it.
"My Theories Will Cure You!"
GenHero posted...

/Thread

You guys make big over this GT dance, but Vegeta fans ain't f***ing with this s***. And your excuses are character development...
https://youtu.be/yCehRYA6oXg
"My Theories Will Cure You!"

User Info: GenHero

GenHero
4 weeks ago#47
TheoryCancer101 posted...
GenHero posted...

/Thread

You guys make big over this GT dance, but Vegeta fans ain't f***ing with this s***. And your excuses are character development...
https://youtu.be/yCehRYA6oXg

that is no were near as bad as the GT Dance. still bad but not GT bad
FC: 2208 7704 9585 Pokemon Sun: IGN-Joey
PSN: GenHero

User Info: Hell_Thrasher

Hell_Thrasher
4 weeks ago#48
SONIC_305 posted...
The Rogue Cobra posted...
finalfantasy94 posted...
The Rogue Cobra posted...
Yup.

For all the faults Super does have, at least it's actually enjoyable and has hype moments. GT is full of "this should've been done better" and "that was cool until they f***ed it up."

when were these moments. Its hard to give a s*** about anything when everything is so bad. GT at least had villains that were interesting ideas. A member of a race that the saiyans committed genocide on and now has come back for revenge. the physical manifestation of the dragonballs our heroes continued to abuse and were going to be punished for. Super has had a whiny god and a grey wall. Hell goku himself in super is awful and is much better in all the other series.

Sounds like GT alright.

Baby was a good idea. How it played out makes me not give a s***.
Super 17 was atrocious.
The Shadow Dragons were an amazing idea. Only Syn/Omega Shenron means a goddamn thing, and then his part of things ends with lunacy.

... Oh yeah, then there's the first part to GT before Baby. It's best left forgotten.
"Black Star Dragon Balls."
Lel.

Super redoes the movies for some reason. Everyone agrees it's not good.
The Universe 6 stuff is pretty good. Piccolo should've lasted longer and Buu should've been in but it's otherwise alright, and Kaioken Blue is a thing I didn't even know I wanted. Hit just "evolves" as needed yeah but he comes with a very unique skillset.
As bad as the stuff with Zamasu got as it went on, when it started off it was actually interesting and pretty good. It had a sense of mystery the series hadn't had since parts of Cell and gave us someone from the other world that was actually malicious for a change. It does s*** itself as it goes on but it had a stronger start than all of GT.
The Tournament of Power took a while to get started, but once it did it was mostly good. It's not perfect, none of Super is, but there's fun characters from most of the other universes and it has entertaining standoffs. Every moment Freeza is on screen is a joy to watch.

And that leads to the characters.
Yeah they completely s*** on Goku's character, I don't like it one bit. What I do like is the interactions between the cast through pretty much the whole series, while I can't stand what is done to all of them in GT.

Super also has the baseball episode.

I don't think either series is... great at power levels or anything, but Super does give moments for a good chunk of the cast to shine. GT is Goku Time.

I'm in my camp and you're in yours, think we can leave it at that. :P

The zamasu arc was really worse that I'd rather watch GT than that arc. Hated the ending so bad of it.

The ending was really the only bad part.

Trunks just sorta won... because. It felt like a Saint Seiya fight where the hero gets his ass kicked, and then somehow wins in one shot.

I actually like that it wasn't Goku who won for once, though.
"If the anime doesn't make me question if I'm on cocaine, then it's not worth my time" - The greatest human being who ever lived.

User Info: Lorulian

Lorulian
4 weeks ago#49
Hell_Thrasher posted...
The ending was really the only bad part.

Trunks just sorta won... because

But he didn't...? Trunks just made it worse and they had to resort to asking Zeno for help.

Hell_Thrasher posted...
It felt like a Saint Seiya fight where the hero gets his ass kicked, and then somehow wins in one shot.

Hmmm another Toei anime...
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2, DQ XI, Sekiro, Samus Returns, Pokemon: Eevee, Dark Souls: RE, Fire Emblem: Echoes, DBFZ, Smash Ultimate
(edited 4 weeks ago)
GT's problem was how they handled continuing from DBZ with larger threats. They tried to depower Goku and make him a kid and he was still OP.

They go to space and have trouble with random mooks and space worms. f***ing space worms giving Goku trouble.

Super solved this by making entire other universes where its possible stronger people than Freeza, Cell and Buu exist.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Goddamn GT sucks. *possible spoilers*