You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Goddamn GT sucks. *possible spoilers*
(message deleted)

User Info: AltOmega

AltOmega
4 weeks ago#22
The series had a lot of exposition early on that got cut/recap'd when Funi dubbed it.
I started a watchthrough of it subbed a while back and thought it was interesting enough.
-Steam in-home streaming > everything
-I'm a liberal but not the clinically insane kind.

User Info: Lorulian

Lorulian
4 weeks ago#23
Kai > DB > DBZ > DBS >>>>>>>>>> GT
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2, DQ XI, DMC 5, Samus Returns, Pokemon: Eevee, Dark Souls: RE, Fire Emblem: Echoes, DBFZ, Smash Ultimate

User Info: megasoniczxx

megasoniczxx
4 weeks ago#24
Yeah, GT is pretty bad which kind of sucks since I remember liking a lot when I was younger but on rewatch I could barely stand it. I do wish they had gone back and redid it though since it had a lot great ideas (like the dragon balls becoming corrupt, an ancient race that's come back for revenge on the saiyans and goku's transformation actually making a whole lot of sense from a lore perspective), it was just lacking in execution. Super is a better written show (even though goku is a farcry from how he used to be) but the arcs aren't as interesting story wise with tournament of power being the only decent one.
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121, PSN: megasoniczx
BB FC in SF3: 116379571135

User Info: Regal_Bryant12

Regal_Bryant12
4 weeks ago#25
FemtomShiling posted...
Will_Hill_pimp posted...
It’s STILL significantly better than super though. Like, miles better.

No ; both are trash created remotely to cash grab after the sucess of Z .
Yeah man I conquered this sucka! -Mac
Attitude check...Yeah, I'm really high! -Zoe

User Info: Lorulian

Lorulian
4 weeks ago#26
megasoniczxx posted...
I do wish they had gone back and redid it though since it had a lot great ideas (like the dragon balls becoming corrupt, an ancient race that's come back for revenge on the saiyans and goku's transformation actually making a whole lot of sense from a lore perspective), it was just lacking in execution.

GT gets a lot of credit for the Baby Saga as a good original idea, when in fact it just was a rip-off of the "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans" OVA.

Dr Myuu = Dr Lychee

Baby = Hatchiyack

They're both about a Tuffle wanting revenge against the Saiyans.

But apparently no one's seen the OVA, so GT takes all the credit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2, DQ XI, DMC 5, Samus Returns, Pokemon: Eevee, Dark Souls: RE, Fire Emblem: Echoes, DBFZ, Smash Ultimate
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: The_DOAM

The_DOAM
4 weeks ago#27
finalfantasy94 posted...
The Rogue Cobra posted...
Yup.

For all the faults Super does have, at least it's actually enjoyable and has hype moments. GT is full of "this should've been done better" and "that was cool until they f***ed it up."

when were these moments. Its hard to give a s*** about anything when everything is so bad. GT at least had villains that were interesting ideas. A member of a race that the saiyans committed genocide on and now has come back for revenge. the physical manifestation of the dragonballs our heroes continued to abuse and were going to be punished for. Super has had a whiny god and a grey wall. Hell goku himself in super is awful and is much better in all the other series.

Divinity, tournaments, Goku black, and rectifying the sin committed against Freiza in GT as its almost like the entirety of Super was created out of the disgraceful act of Frieza getting one punched in GT.

In addition Super has rules there are reasons why Beerus can't solve every problem and much of the scaling issues can be attributed to a no flying and espiecially the no killing rules. Super also reintroduces the concept of stronger foes as GT is nothing more than an excercise of Goku forgetting he could go Super Saiyan.

Vegeta going wild with ozaku, Goku never transforming in fights, and even the shadow dragons made no sense at all. How the hell are all these dark dragons supposed to be coming out when their were so many changes thanks to King Piccolo and Dende. Seven dragons for each ball from seven wishes yet the balls have been used many more times in the OG and Z.
Ignorance is Bliss...

User Info: Bennett2428

Bennett2428
4 weeks ago#28
Bias is a strong thing. By the end of Z, the audience was trained to expect drawn out intense fights. GT started with an intense training session but then progressed in the vein of DB. So while people expected more things in the vein of Z, GT circumvented that and tried to go back to the original roots. People didn't like it, so they tried incorporating more stuff from Z, but the line was already in the sand at that point.

GT did have a lot of wasted potential, but I think sometimes people miss the point of what it was trying to be.

As far as voice acting...recently I tried rewatching some Cell saga clips on YouTube and that voice acting was not good at all (of the original Z.) So if anyone wants to say GT had terrible voice acting, by default, so did the original Z. So then I'm not sure what the problem is, because you took it just fine during Z but then suddenly it's unacceptable during GT...most likely an age thing.
Feel free to PM me. I'm always up for gaming discussion

User Info: Fou Lu

Fou Lu
4 weeks ago#29
Avalon64 posted...
HAD it succeeded I am sure they would have loved to claim it was the "official" sequel to DBZ and get Toriyama to personally endorse that himself or something

Nope. He didn't write it, so it never would be "official", it would always be fanfiction. GT was garbage.
I smolder with generic rage.

User Info: megasoniczxx

megasoniczxx
4 weeks ago#30
Lorulian posted...
megasoniczxx posted...
I do wish they had gone back and redid it though since it had a lot great ideas (like the dragon balls becoming corrupt, an ancient race that's come back for revenge on the saiyans and goku's transformation actually making a whole lot of sense from a lore perspective), it was just lacking in execution.

GT gets a lot of credit for the Baby Saga as a good original idea, when in fact it just was a rip-off of the "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans" OVA.

Dr Myuu = Dr Lychee

Baby = Hatchiyack

They're both about a Tuffle wanting revenge against the Saiyans.

But apparently no one's seen the OVA, so GT takes all the credit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought that OVA came afterwards? I will admit I haven't seen it although I typically don't pay too much mind to the DBZ movies since they never have any bearing on the plot (kind of the same way with most anime movies).
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121, PSN: megasoniczx
BB FC in SF3: 116379571135
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Goddamn GT sucks. *possible spoilers*