You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Goddamn GT sucks. *possible spoilers*

User Info: DK9292

DK9292
4 weeks ago#1
I know it wasn't as good as the rest of the series, but I've always felt it had some good ideas and people were just overstating how bad it was.

But I'm re-watching some episodes to research a character for a moveset and... holy hell. It's terrible. Even by early Funimation standards the voice-acting is just plain bad, and the pacing and fight choreography is a train wreck. The pacing issues are especially unforgivable since unlike DB and Z, this didn't have the "following right behind the manga" issues.

It might also help that when I was growing up, I watched the Ocean Dub. So this is my first time hearing the Funimation dub. Sean Schemmel seems to be the only one actually giving a s***, but not even he can fix the poor script and animation.
A hero's role is one that cannot be forsaken,
Caring for those with hearts that are breaking.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#2
and now you understand why it was SO universally panned that Toei had to come out later and say this is non canon lol

HAD it succeeded I am sure they would have loved to claim it was the "official" sequel to DBZ and get Toriyama to personally endorse that himself or something

yeah I agree GT had good ideas on paper, the execution was just terrible...Adult Trunks became a complete joke then an after thought as he pretty much lost ALL importance, Pan was annoying as HELL and I know she has her fans but Im not one of them, and they killed off Piccolo AGAIN!

gawd remembering GT is making me angry again! Lol
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: Will_Hill_pimp

Will_Hill_pimp
4 weeks ago#3
It’s STILL significantly better than super though. Like, miles better.

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#4
Will_Hill_pimp posted...

I'm afraid I personally have to agree to disagree there, at least Super had some things I can name I like and most recently of all a brand spankin' new Broly...

I can't name ANYTHING about GT I liked other then the potential "ideas"
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: YaBoyVegeta

YaBoyVegeta
4 weeks ago#5
Avalon64 posted...
and now you understand why it was SO universally panned that Toei had to come out later and say this is non canon lol

Tl;dr: People were burned out when GT came out but were nostalgic for DB when Super came out, leading to varying levels of success.

Not saying that GT is phenomenal or anything but another reason why it was poorly received (maybe one of the main reasons) is that it came out at a tume that people were getting burned out on Dragon Ball. Part of the reason that DBS is as loved as it is, is because there hadn't been a DB series in almost 20 years so despite being poorly written a good part of the time, people were hungry for more Dragon Ball so they would take almost anything (figuratively speaking of course). Not to mention how much bigger anime has gotten since then
Thanks, I needed a light- Sanji

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
4 weeks ago#6
Will_Hill_pimp posted...

No ; both are trash created remotely to cash grab after the sucess of Z .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: lordlinkoftime

lordlinkoftime
4 weeks ago#7
FemtomShiling posted...
Will_Hill_pimp posted...

No ; both are trash created remotely to cash grab after the sucess of Z .

ok tapion fanboy

User Info: The Rogue Cobra

The Rogue Cobra
4 weeks ago#8
Yup.

For all the faults Super does have, at least it's actually enjoyable and has hype moments. GT is full of "this should've been done better" and "that was cool until they f***ed it up."
Tell me Bats, what are you REALLY scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? ME, in a THONG? - The Joker

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
4 weeks ago#9
There was literally a scene where goku was running from nova shenron in a sewer, and a guy that could literally destroy planets got "cornered" by a "dead-end" comprised of a BARELY-TURNING FAN that even the most unathletic of men could slip through.

And what did Goku say here? "Oh no! What'll I do?"

Literally everyone that was involved with that scene in particular should have been immediately laid off.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.
Confirmation bias.

Also acting like the dub work was somehow worse than z when it was the exact same. They recorded all that s*** around the same time.
http://i.imgur.com/6sZfSDo.gif ~ Choose not a life of imitation
TRICKFINGER
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Goddamn GT sucks. *possible spoilers*