You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. At SSJ2, hoping to get to Majin: seeking advise

User Info: xenobla

xenobla
4 weeks ago#21
Ah ok, thanks! :)

I’ll be playijg more later, hopefully can get some good matches :)

xenobla
4 weeks ago#22
https://youtu.be/vSXNO9VcFfE

https://youtu.be/UI8ZPWSkqV8

These r all ranked, won 1/7 tdy, played against 2 supreme kais.

Damn... i didnt know it wld be dis hard... not even sure why i lost, cause im v sure i didnt mash as much dis time and was rlly putting in effort to block and stuff...

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#23
relax there are just gonna be some days the opponent is just going to be better then you are, it's a BIG world out there and you can do everything right, but some days you will play opponents that just know what to do in situations better then you

take this as a strive to improve yourself as often as I try to advise you on things, never forget the basics, strong reads and fundamentals those will be your foundations
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#24
so again watching based on the first video

you're still too stationary, you literally become a rock at points and you only seem to move in with homing dash or trying to attack, this is why you're being open to Dragon rushes, the opponent is recognizing you're just standing still and Dragon rushing often you aren't aware enough to catch this to tech it (but in my view its better to be out of its way then trying to tech it) and that's why you get grabbed by them

and when you DO move you lead with an attack thats often unsafe like a down heavy...you need to utilize the characters full arsenal you have more moves to start then heavy's, when you jump over head consider doing a jumping medium instead of jumping lights which are more suited for air to air conversions

and those follow ups need ALOT of work a few times I counted a few times you literally had them in sliding knock down with Bardock...and you just stood there, one time you called Yamcha even though even with his range he wasn't gonna reach, this is oki, after a sliding knock down DONT remain stationary MOVE in and smother them or push them into the corner, just watch out for wake up level 3's...but when they are getting up go for a high low, like safe jump in when they are getting up to hit them overhead or dash up and his them with a Light low (provided your character has one) to hit them low, MAKE them guess your next move

but if you don't want to do that, then that would have been PERFECT time to have Bardock do his Saiyan Spirit into the Riot Javelin ball (since he's the ONLY character who can do double supers on his own TAKE advantage of this!) and then Delayed Hyper combo (DHC) into someone else, Tag supering into your other members is a GREAT way to pile on damage, do level 1 into level 1 into a level 1 or 3 to pile up that damage you are TOO stuck with the one character you're using, switching up again is making them guess
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

xenobla
4 weeks ago#25
I see... thanks alot! :) so movement is v impt... ok...

On the thing abt oki, i used to push them towards the corner by dashing towards them, but when i tried to call an assist i tagged out(their fixing that, so shdnt be a problem now), but the thing is if the opponent mashes on wakeup, i often get caught by it, cse maybe i don’t react fast enuf and well get punished XD. Another quick qns, i c ppl pushing their opponent after sliding and even midscreen, they can IADH immediately after and not crossup. Just wondering how do they do so. Is it just speed of pressing the buttons?

https://youtu.be/Vfz01r7yBmM

Here is a vid of me tryin to cross up wif bardock, but mostly failing. Maybe based on dis, cld u tell me how to improve on IADH after pushing?

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#26
the thing about oki is always being prepared to block, yes push them but recognize when they might be trying to get up, so you can block or backdash if they try wake up buttons, again something you need to develop

well Instant Air Dash is a matter of timing, who your character is and whatnot, I dunno how you do it but here's a tip to do nice and easy instant air dashes, press forward AND the homing dash button at the same time, if you do this your character will do an instant air dash but the input NEEDS to read that forward TOO otherwise the game will think you're doing a homing dash and a raw homing dash NOT a good idea

also in your example you're using the heavy, that's NOT the best button for a cross up, usually everyone uses the medium kick to cross up

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
4 weeks ago#27
Avalon64 posted...
the thing about oki is always being prepared to block, yes push them but recognize when they might be trying to get up, so you can block or backdash if they try wake up buttons, again something you need to develop

well Instant Air Dash is a matter of timing, who your character is and whatnot, I dunno how you do it but here's a tip to do nice and easy instant air dashes, press forward AND the homing dash button at the same time, if you do this your character will do an instant air dash but the input NEEDS to read that forward TOO otherwise the game will think you're doing a homing dash and a raw homing dash NOT a good idea

also in your example you're using the heavy, that's NOT the best button for a cross up, usually everyone uses the medium kick to cross up

I find on dpad that 69-6 gives me fast iad

xenobla
4 weeks ago#28
Ah ok, I see, thanks!

xenobla
4 weeks ago#29
Hi, so i’m wondering if bardock, ssjgoku, yamcha is a better team or

Bardock, ssjvegeta, yamcha?

And should vegeta/goku be swapped wif yamcha?

And some of my other friends online say that pushing opponents aft sliding is risky, and that i should have some distance to IADH for oki. So maybe i should dash up within assist range and IADH?

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#30
well your friend has a valid point but personally I think having the corner pressure is FAR better so I guess it really depends on the situation, OF course when I suggested pushing your opponent I was trying to imply do it when you're close enough to ACTUALLY get them into the corner

if they're far too out in neutral then yes pull out one of your other oki options, safe jump in overhead, IAD cross up, go low, bait the reflect and counterattack again depends on your situation NEVER be too predictable

and I don't use Yamcha but even I know he's one of the top 3 assists in the game easily, but if you're not using the assist for say lock down or combo extension or you're not comfortable using Yamcha (he really does have his own style) then sure consider switching up

but there is no "best" team, its the team that WORKS for you, if a team with Yamcha is what you want to play then play Yamcha, if Vegeta or Goku feels better then use them, its up to your style of play, I can suggest and give advice but remember if you want to reach the ranks on your own you have to earn that on your own and that is taking what you learned and applying it to how you need it
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. At SSJ2, hoping to get to Majin: seeking advise