You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Awesome! Another f***ing Goku!

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
4 weeks ago#21
singhellotaku posted...
Ben Reilly posted...
James_Upton posted...
Seriously.... how many Goku’s do we need in the game?!

Enough to cover all the key moments in his life

Thus making all the fans of the MAIN f***ING CHARACTER of the series happy.

So at this point especially if the rumor of about GT Kid Goku having SSJ4 the only form missing would be Ultra Instinct

I don't expect 30 Luke's in a star wars game...screw that.

How many distinctly different eras or transformations did Luke have in the movies?
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
4 weeks ago#22
Bass_X0 posted...
singhellotaku posted...
Ben Reilly posted...
James_Upton posted...

Enough to cover all the key moments in his life

Thus making all the fans of the MAIN f***ING CHARACTER of the series happy.

So at this point especially if the rumor of about GT Kid Goku having SSJ4 the only form missing would be Ultra Instinct

I don't expect 30 Luke's in a star wars game...screw that.

How many distinctly different eras or transformations did Luke have in the movies?

The number doesnt matter actually . In a fighting game more variety is always a + .

Hell - its not like DB was lacking of characters .

But every big seller shonen does this - look at Naruto games there is always many iterations of Naruto and Sasuke - DB is just worse because of Goku being over-proeminent and because Toriyama cant even make more than 2/3 characters relevant for more than half-one of a story Arc .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
4 weeks ago#23
Do you guys also complain about a superhero toyline where the title character gets way more different toys and variations than everybody else?

I have the game but I don’t play it a whole lot but which two Goku variations are the closest to each other? As far as my untrained eye goes, I think they put some significant gameplay differences into each variation.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
4 weeks ago#24
James_Upton posted...

Popular character is popular, and there are really only 2 things you can do about it:

1- Nothing.

2- Like it.

Take your pick.
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth

User Info: Kataphrut

Kataphrut
4 weeks ago#25
It's easy to snark, but the way they've handled this rollout is only going to hurt the game's reputation. You can only have so many variants of the same character even if they play different or are *technically* different (like Black and the fusions) before people get sick of it.

User Info: Raiu

Raiu
4 weeks ago#26
I've seen games - not fighting games, admittedly - with multiple versions of Luke, and they usually played entirely differently. (Especially "Farmboy Luke With Blaster" vs. "Jedi Master Luke With Light Saber")

I think the only reason they haven't introduced Dragon Ball (No Suffix) Kid Goku is that he was primarily a physical fighter, relying almost entirely on kicks, punches, and attacks with the Nyoibo. He knew the Kamehame Ha, but that's pretty much it as far as ki attacks go. Most of what are now considered his signature abilities wouldn't exist until Dragonball Z.

... actually, now that I say that, that might make an interesting departure from the ki-heavy movesets of everyone else. He'd use no ki blasts except the Kamehame Ha as his level 3; his Level 1 could be extending the Nyoibo to its full length and slamming the opponent against the side of the playfield. Most of his other specials could be lunging punches and kicks.

I changed my mind; I want Original Kid Goku now.
-Raiutaryuu-
Black-Isz posted...
James_Upton posted...

Game is not complete until we have every single canon and non-canon version of Goku ever created, including fan-made ones.

Kid (Dragonball)
Teen (Dragonball)
Base (with powerpole and nimbus)
Base (with nimbus)
Base
False Super Saiyan (Lord Slug movie)
Super Spirit Bomb Saiyan (Android 13 movie)
Kaioken x3
Kaioken x4
Kaioken x20
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan 2
Super Saiyan 2 Ascended (for all of 30 seconds in the time chamber)
Super Saiyan 3
Super Saiyan God
Super Saiyan Blue
Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken
Ultra Instinct Sign
Mastered Ultra Instinct
Base angel
Super Saiyan angel
Super Saiyan 2 angel
Super saiyan 3 angel

What am I missing? I know this list isn't finished, because a friend and I actually discussed how Goku has literally dozens of forms. Our final count was somewhere around 30.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.

User Info: Number4Rocket

Number4Rocket
4 weeks ago#28
If GT Kid Goku does have a cinematic SS4 super, that confirms SS4 Goku will be future DLC cause the model exists.

User Info: tenpowers

tenpowers
4 weeks ago#29
I'm sorry but being the main character is no justification for having so many version of that character.
PSN: VileGlory

User Info: icelos

icelos
4 weeks ago#30
tenpowers posted...
I'm sorry but being the main character is no justification for having so many version of that character.
Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Awesome! Another f***ing Goku!