• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I'm back! Hopefully I can get some returning advice

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 month ago#21
well nothing I can recommend for a serious match, given the vast amount of movement options online, they could jump, teleport just do anything to get out of your way

but small drills? Try and see if you can move forward then back dash or back off quickly on the defensive, like something I did when starting out was moving on an opponent set to do level 3's, basically doing it as a method to practice against potential wake up level 3's

as I said nothing that you can use for a serious match maybe just a way to test your reaction for the real thing
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: Feldt

Feldt
1 month ago#22
xenobla posted...
Btw, does anyone have any tips on movement? :)

i only saw the first match... you need to learn to keep your pressure going and not give up on the corners, don't be afraid of the colors of your opponents that Vegito that you fought for example was a masher he just mashed all the game

against Vegito players you need a Zone usually teams with Vegito or Bardock rely on them to win games, and people will just mash most of the time, defense its now viable

try to learn to play Trunks or Android 21, Trunks in special make his life hell, however you need to learn Trunks, not mash.

also.. on Videl as a Videl main..

the lvl 1 on the ground for it to connect due to lag you have to begin executing the movement while she is still on the air, and you can follow up that combo and loop it if the lag let you too...

in fact Videl suffers a lot because of lag, also don't be afraid of using her rekkas, they're good moves, learn to use Great Sayaman to take pressure away from you or just extend your combos, you need to improve your defense those combos that you eat, normally you should't be eating

work on your neutral game, and supports you use zero of them on the fight

also every time you're into Vegito bulls*** onto the corner use a vanish and destroy him, if he counter vanish, do it again, just don't get on the corners he will eventually lose due to having to get near to do something to you abuse that,80% of the teams has Vegito or Badock so learn a zooner, also yeah you don't have the skills of a orange ._.

User Info: xenobla

xenobla
1 month ago#23
I see. Thanks alot! Im not too good with agohan, videl and gotenks cause ive nv rlly used them alot(other than videl, which i try to use). I do want to learn trunks actually, but I’m not sure exactly how to fit him in my team as of now, thinking of doing trunks, ssjgoku, ssjvegeta.

Do you have any tips on neutral, assists and pressure? I do notice that I do not use assists alot, but I think it’s alot because I’m not sure when to use them, to extend combos. Other than yamcha and bardock and vegito, I’m not too sure about everyone else.

User Info: Feldt

Feldt
1 month ago#24
xenobla posted...
I see. Thanks alot! Im not too good with agohan, videl and gotenks cause ive nv rlly used them alot(other than videl, which i try to use). I do want to learn trunks actually, but I’m not sure exactly how to fit him in my team as of now, thinking of doing trunks, ssjgoku, ssjvegeta.

Do you have any tips on neutral, assists and pressure? I do notice that I do not use assists alot, but I think it’s alot because I’m not sure when to use them, to extend combos. Other than yamcha and bardock and vegito, I’m not too sure about everyone else.

just simple ones.. like sometimes you end your blockstrings and you give up on them and just dash back, and wait there doing nothing, when you end the blockstring trow a support and continue, backdash trow a support and ki blasts, harass opponents that use too much dragon dash, on your rank there's must be a lot of them.

Trunks works as a good zooner as well, if you learn how, usually you want a long range assist and a short range one. Videl's one for example its nothing out of this word but its good to keep pressure going or give you time to get away from some opponent if you want too, most people use beam assists to extend combos, there's many characters with beam assists its not really hard to find those

basically what you have to search its 3 characters that works with one another and no one must be completely useless when on bench

xenobla
1 month ago#25
Ok, so watching people play agohan, I kinda want to play him more too and get good at him. So I’m just wondering what kind of bnb combos do you guys do with him? I saw on rooflemonger’s video, there is one which starts 2M, 5M, 3H, super jump...

But i always find the super jump hard. Its not that I can’t do it, its just i have to kinda start my engine abit before I can do maybe 5 or slightly more consistently one after another. I always mess up on the super jump, cause I find it hard to do superjumps on the dpad of a controller. Should I keep practising that? Or should I go with a more basic bnb, just 2M, 5M, jump... ?

xenobla
1 month ago#26
https://youtu.be/CAaVCw9r35U

I know i played badly, but its late fr me and I just wanted to play with someone online(even though all the matches we played had at least 10lag.) cause i had been waiting for nearly an hour and I can only play an hour per wkend. Its casual though, so its fine. Just wondering how to improve based on this video.

xenobla
1 month ago#27
I made it to SSJ2 today! :)

I played against this guy, I won the first two matches we played, he no rematched. 3rd match we lost connection, then the next 2 matches I won and I ranked up! Sadly, I was distracted during our final match, and lost it, so im at 342077 bp now, on the verge of ranking down :P. I’ll post footage of the first 2 matches in abit, but I wasnt able to record the other matches. I’m worried cause the last time I played against SSJ2 ranks, I got completely trashed XD. I hope I’m able to keep up with these players.

xenobla
1 month ago#28
https://youtu.be/qKwhxIXCdiM

Here is my footage. Actually, i think the match I lost there was no reason other than that I was abit too happy and joyful at ranking up, so I was overconfident and slipped. I’m Von in the vid btw, hope I play well enuf to be worthy of SSJ2.

xenobla
1 month ago#29
So I still have the problem of not using specials. In my matches, you can see I don’t use Vegito’s 236S or 214S and I don’t think I used his 214L/M/H either. For Bardock, I’m not sire, but I don’t think I used his 236L/M/H or his 236S. Just wondering how do I just... train myself to use normals more? I can in set combos, but if asked to do it on the fly it’s abit hard for me. Except yamcha’s 236L/M/H(for mixup) I really don’t use any special out of a combo.

xenobla
1 month ago#30
Hello?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I'm back! Hopefully I can get some returning advice
  • Topic Archived