You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I'm back! Hopefully I can get some returning advice

User Info: xenobla

xenobla
2 months ago#11
Ok thanks! :) atm, i do change frm L to M in my combos(in the air i’m already always doing MLL, 2H, jump, LLL) but when I get panicky, like in the vid above, I start to mash. Partially I mashed above cause I saw no way to get out of the pressure. Do you have any advise on defense and pressure? Maybe some advice on my defense in the vid?

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
2 months ago#12
yeah defense Im not so great at lol

traditionally you're supposed to time a reflect when the opponent gives you a gap to do so to push them back but don't do this during a TIGHT block string with both assists you'll get blasted

if you have a bar you could try the improved guard cancel, while during block its toward + the assist you want to call out you'll spend a bar and hit them with a homing dash that resets the neutral be careful while they did improve it, it works like a homing dash if its blocked you're eating a punish or they can blast you out of the sky with say a beam, also you can't guard cancel if you have no assists available like after a snap though you CAN guard cancel if you're by yourself, this ends up creating an attack that appears BEHIND the enemy this is actually pretty useful, again consider carefully when doing this meter nerfs doesn't make that meter you spent as easy to regain

sometimes when Im knocked in the air and they're waiting below me to down heavy me, while you can move in mid air, this is kinda slow, so sometimes its better to use an air move (if your character has one) with some forward momentum to push your way out of the corner for example doing Piccolo's light Demon Slicer special moves him out of the corner and back safely in the middle of the screen, this can sometimes be a life saver
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

xenobla
2 months ago#13
Ah i see, thanks. Tbh, i forget to reflect alot, and i always forget guard cancelling costs a meter so well. I got ounished cse i tried to guard cancel with no meter bfr.

As to air moves, i do do thise sometimes, eh i do bardock’s rebellion spear or yamcha’s 2H, to escape the corner.

xenobla
1 month ago#14
Hey! Mamaged to play today, and got matched with an android rank. At the start, the opponent had 300k bp, while I had 270k. However, I won all 8 matches and got to 320k! :) I think my movement helped alot. Instead of staying still, I often jumped in towards the opponent, but blockijg immediately after I jumped in, allowing me to crossup quite a few times :)

xenobla
1 month ago#15
I found out I really cant use the agohan, videl and gotenks team, as I was losing in arcade, so I decided to try vegito, bardock and yamcha and I’m proud to say it worked! XD

Avalon64
1 month ago#16
good find what works for you, and you'll find your success remember go at your own pace you can do this
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

xenobla
1 month ago#17
Thanks! :) hopefully I can get to ssj2 today :)

xenobla
1 month ago#18
Btw, does anyone have any tips on movement? :)

Avalon64
1 month ago#19
always try to keep forward momentum like sometimes you'll see opponents doing quick dashes forward then using moves to push them back like small ki blasts

moving forward gives you meter, while sometimes you may need to hang back to be on the defensive, moving forward can sometimes be the difference with filling up one bar or not quite having enough after one combo

xenobla
1 month ago#20
I see, thanks. Any drills or such? I think the movement really helped me win yesterday, so I want to practise it more. I crossed up more than I even thought I could yesterday :P
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I'm back! Hopefully I can get some returning advice