You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I'm back! Hopefully I can get some returning advice

User Info: xenobla

xenobla
1 month ago#1
Hey everyone! So I’m back, after not playing for at least a month. I’m still android rank, as I’m too scared to go on ranked atm, and I’ve been playing casual. The thing is, I don’t know how or why, but I’m an orange square now, leading to my casual matches being more orange ranked opponents. The thing is, I don’t feel like I’m good enough to be an orange rank yet, and this can be seen from how I lost all the matches I played with orange ranks today(at least 8). So I’m wondering what I should do to be on the level the game has given me HAHA. I’ll try to get more videos of my gameplay from tomorrow, before the school work starts again.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 month ago#2
Play
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 month ago#3
well given the little info you gave, all I can say is practice, when you play online make not of your bad habits, come back and peopel here can help you review them and see what you can do to help

also nothing ventured nothing gained, I used to think like you, afraid of rank, but I worked hard dared to challenge myself and now Im a super saiyan god, you'll improve in time and you'll see that effort if you try
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

xenobla
1 month ago#4
I see, thanks! And congrats Avalon! :)
Btw, does anyone know good guides for teen gohan or trunks? I kinda wanna play tgohan, bardock and yamcha. Currently playing videl, bardock and yamcha, though my cidel isn’t very good :P

Oh and a quick qns abt the tiger knee. I have managed to do it(though not consistently, and 18 is slightly higher on the screen than when the pros do it), but after 17 comes out, 18 always jumps back or up in the direction of my upward movement. Is that normal?

Avalon64
1 month ago#5
hhmmiing interesting questions I'll have to run some tests but Im working late tonight to do so

as for do I know guides, not really if you want pro level players to watch check out Moke for Trunks and Kaimart for Teen Gohan
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

xenobla
1 month ago#6
https://youtu.be/KCRMTBhF5yw

A new team i made and want to main. But well... as I said earlier, my square colour causes me to match with people who i know are definitely above my caliber. Played like i think 5 ranked matches, all against pink squares and lost all. Yeah. It’s just frustrating that I’m being thrown against such strong opponents when I know I’m not there yet.

xenobla
1 month ago#7
The thumbnail represents me exactly HAHA getting trashed. I’m Von in the vid btw.

Avalon64
1 month ago#8
what is your ranked match up set to? You SHOULD be getting people at your rank and mostly at your skill, colour higher then yours or not, unless you set it to opponents stronger then you are or whatever that setting was called

xenobla
1 month ago#9
I set it to about the same for everything. The ranked matches I had yesterday was against 2 ssj2 ranks, both pink squares, while I’m still android. Do you have any advice kn my gameplay?

Avalon64
1 month ago#10
yeah that's why I think maybe if you're not confident you should set it for Same Rank, to guarantee your opponents are Android rank too

setting it for About the same or Anything goes can give you a random assortment of opponents even ones much higher then you

all I can recommend is work on finding your openings and landing decent sized combos when you do, you don't need to be great enough to do the wall bounce 2M, M jump combo ones but at least bigger then using auto combo ones
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I'm back! Hopefully I can get some returning advice