You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Given Broly's new status if you could canonize Cooler, how would you do it?

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
2 weeks ago#1
Alright let's have a fun discussion this is of course a what would you do type question since afterall we have no idea if they'll ever give Cooler the same treatment they just gave Broly but given Cooler's popularity as the 2nd most popular of the original Z movies, it seems like it would be a good idea to one day do so and hey who knows maybe we could see the character in DB FighterZ or its sequel someday (heh have to relate this topic to the game somehow of course lol)

Personally while this is a long shot idea, this is at the moment why I am trying to stomach and tolerating Frieza...I am sorry I just can't like Frieza the same way I used to, he was a GREAT villain back in Z and represented a stepping stone for the heroes, then Super literally revived him twice where he is still conquering civilisations (just look at the Broly movie) and plotting his revenge, I feel he has become a dead horse to me, but I do understand I'm not the same as everyone so if you do like Frieza is back in the series I do feel happy for you, really but to me Frieza represents a loose thread that needs to be closed when you finish the series for good and I PRAY they don't try to "reform" him cause that's dumb

Anywho I hope something happens and Frieza is forced to call in Cooler something he REALLY doesn't want to do and his arrival makes the situation go completely out of control or who knows maybe Cooler himself decides to pay his little brother a visit...you know I always envisioned a story where a young Frieza managed to gain his father Cold's favour over Cooler and got Cooler exiled heh not a great family relation there

but that's me what about you guys? What would you change from the original story, what would you keep the same? Abotu designs would you draw any inspirations from his two movies? Given this is all of course what if there's no wrong answers, I just want to hear you guy's thoughts
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: 7656198

2 weeks ago#2
Not sure, but I feel he'd be simple to canonize. Same as Broly for the most part. Cooler was on the opposite side of the galaxy (maybe even a separate universe?) and he's since finished conquering everything and now he's back to see what's happened since his absence. Discovers Frieza has become stronger than him, that Cold died years ago, etc. So he sets out for revenge or whatever. Has a different final form (Silver Cooler as a nod to his Metal form, but different from Frieza's). As for his overall design, I like it the way it is, but much like Broly, I'm sure it'd be altered a bit.

Lots of fighting ensues. Cooler is defeated. Whether he's killed or not...would be the interesting part. I kinda like the idea of keeping villains alive for rematches.
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Xeogran

Xeogran
2 weeks ago#3
Frieza got interested in Fusion after seeing Gogeta.
He could call his brother to try it himself.

I think it would be fun for a villainous Fusion Dance character, as we've already had two Potara opponents.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
2 weeks ago#4
Like tarble, cooler can casually be introduced by sayin he ruled some other parts o tha universe n tried to train to overthro his bro one day or some s***.

Or frieza clones himself. Or makes a wish thru dragon balls
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: Burchyplus

Burchyplus
2 weeks ago#5
Xeogran posted...

I think it would be fun for a villainous Fusion Dance character, as we've already had two Potara opponents.

As cheesy as that sounds I really like that idea, you could see Frieza's bewildered look when he saw Gogeta so the seed is planted.

Other than that I'm not sure, I look Coolers story as it is, he doesn't like his brother but takes revenge due to principal. The only flaw is what Tfs made fun of that he's obsessed with being being above Frieza even though he makes the same mistakes.

My pitch would be a turf war between Frieza and Cooler that Goku and crew just get mixed up in and go into more detail of Frieza's clan. Give them a f***ing name.
Why loot boxes are the worst thing in gaming:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207946-star-wars-battlefront-ii/76036841/891196567

User Info: Black-Isz

Black-Isz
2 weeks ago#6
Burchyplus posted...
Xeogran posted...

As cheesy as that sounds I really like that idea, you could see Frieza's bewildered look when he saw Gogeta so the seed is planted.

Other than that I'm not sure, I look Coolers story as it is, he doesn't like his brother but takes revenge due to principal. The only flaw is what Tfs made fun of that he's obsessed with being being above Frieza even though he makes the same mistakes.

My pitch would be a turf war between Frieza and Cooler that Goku and crew just get mixed up in and go into more detail of Frieza's clan. Give them a f***ing name.

I agree with this. I just hope they give him a new form that is as unique and cool as Buff Shredder, not garbage stuff like "Final Form but gold" or "Base Form but metal."

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
2 weeks ago#7
hey I don't mind if they give him a colour like gold or platinum or whatever (as colour really does seem to be a reflection of power in this series) but I want a unique form to go with it like his shredder form is really popular work on that design maybe tweek it, I do like the slideable mask (seriously is that a costume part or part of his face when he transform? Lol)

maybe give him sheathable claws that REALLY help the "Shredder" look lol though I doubt the Japanese animation studios realises we nickname the form Shredder so I don't expect anything else other then pure coincidences
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
2 weeks ago#8
I mean, the only real challenge to introducing him to canon would be the question of where the f*** he was the whole time. Broly was stuck on a planet with no means of escape, but that can't work for Cooler since his race can survive in space, so he could just leave. The exile thing like you suggest TC doesn't make sense though as why wouldn't he return during the (20?) years between King Cold and Frieza getting killed and Frieza being resurrected. The only thing I can think of is King Cold had Frieza and Cooler fight to the death to see who would take over, Frieza won and cooler died. Then he gets resurrected.
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!

User Info: Ashburn

Ashburn
2 weeks ago#9
Black-Isz posted...
Burchyplus posted...
Xeogran posted...

I agree with this. I just hope they give him a new form that is as unique and cool as Buff Shredder, not garbage stuff like "Final Form but gold" or "Base Form but metal."

This idea of Frieza seeing Gogeta and being interested in fusion could work in a lot of ways, especially if you combine it with the idea of Cooler being dead and resurrected. It explains why Cooler hasn't been around so far. He's been dead. But then Frieza sees Gogeta, and wants the power of fusion for himself. So he gathers the dragon balls, and wishes Cooler back to life to make it happen. They could then take the story any number of different directions from there.
Xbox Live Gamertag: NovaMage1981
PSN ID: NovaMage1981

User Info: Broly4561

Broly4561
2 weeks ago#10
It’s easy, have someone tap into an “alternate reality” pull cooler from the dbz movie verse. Acknowledge the movies as alternate realities, keeps doors open.

Boom. Simple, also it will gape a******s of this community, because the don’t really like anything.
Not today
http://imgur.com/5I9Y7HS
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Given Broly's new status if you could canonize Cooler, how would you do it?