• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. So it's no longer possible to do SSJ Goku's double super?

User Info: NamSane

NamSane
3 weeks ago#1
Correct me if I’m wrong, but did the new patch take away Super Saiyan Goku’s down super kamehameha into warp kamehameha? I’ve been trying in practice and it’s not working anymore. Pretty huge bummer if that’s the case. Might finally take Goku off my team for the first time since launch. I understand it’s all done for balancing purposes, but damn, I really liked doing that double super.
NID - NamSane. PSN - Daferfnafer. XBL - NamSane.

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
3 weeks ago#2
Yep it's gone, but I don't recommend taking goku off just yet. He still does strong damage, has decent lvl 3 oki, and since the meta is more neutral now, I think goku will still do fairly well.
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Dbfz: Hit/???/SSJ Vegeta, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante

User Info: TwistedSenses

TwistedSenses
3 weeks ago#3
Still possible. The execution of it has not changed at all.

The reason why people say its dead is because of the massively reduced damage the second super will do. But it will still combo all the same as it did prior.
Vega (Claw) & Yoshimitsu main anytime I can.
Garuda is actually a fun-frame.

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
3 weeks ago#4
I got it to work, but you only get like 300 more damage off of it. Definitely isn't worth spending another bar on, which is a damn shame because chaining supers was unironically fun.
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/39lX5ve.jpg http://i.imgur.com/9S9glYE.png https://imgur.com/a/Qxo9jXF

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
3 weeks ago#5
BluuberryPie posted...
Yep it's gone

TwistedSenses posted...
Still possible.

O_o

Anyways, I don't believe it's gone, but even if it were, that's a pretty terrible reason to stop using him.

I mean, the double super is swag as hell and I love it as well, but he has SO many other tools and things going for him...

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
3 weeks ago#6
Lord_Wombat posted...
BluuberryPie posted...
Yep it's gone

TwistedSenses posted...
Still possible.

O_o

Yeah I should've worded a little better, it's still able to be done, but the damage won't necessarily be there is what I meant
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Dbfz: Hit/???/SSJ Vegeta, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante

User Info: NamSane

NamSane
3 weeks ago#7
Eh. I’ve been sorta bored with him. I just never took him off because I always liked his power mixed with that double super. I’m hearing Goku Blue is looking better than ever, so I might ease him into rotation. I’ll need to really dig into the patch notes and see everything specific to really decide how my team should change, I guess.
NID - NamSane. PSN - Daferfnafer. XBL - NamSane.

User Info: MRDLBRLS

MRDLBRLS
3 weeks ago#8
Question. How do I do the non IT version of the kamehameha during that combo? I notice people do the level 1 super but without the IT. I've done it accidentally, but when I do that combo, it always does the IT version.

User Info: TwistedSenses

TwistedSenses
3 weeks ago#9
There's two button combinations you can do to do supers -- L+M ( your Dragon Rush Button) and H+S (your Super Dash button).

His normal kamehameha is L+M. Ideally, you want to use the angled version of it, so its still a good idea to end the combo 214M lv1 downward.

He can actually get a safe jump from downward air kamehameha, and you can also tk it for more stuff.
Vega (Claw) & Yoshimitsu main anytime I can.
Garuda is actually a fun-frame.

User Info: MK9_Prodigy

MK9_Prodigy
3 weeks ago#10
It's not entirely gone. It's massively nerfed, however certain hit confirms where you're slightly lower than a normal BNB do not work anymore for whatever reason. the easiest way to replicate this would be doing a kamexxvanish into BNB into double supers, which does not work anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. So it's no longer possible to do SSJ Goku's double super?
  • Topic Archived