• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. The Pros and Cons of SS Goku and SS Vegeta Anchor

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
3 months ago#11
Sir_Punsalot posted...
I personally run Goku and Vegeta as my second and anchor (respectively) and I'm finding success with that setup even with broly (Goku's beam super means that Broly gets corner combos off anything he does).

thanks for that tip, I did run that team before though when Broly was still in his Day 1 days...ugh THOSE were dark times for us Broly players ya know! Lol

but now I feel I can't get rid of Big Green lol
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: Andros-2k10

Andros-2k10
3 months ago#12
Everytime I feel like dropping SS Goku off my team I pull off a 1vs3 come back with him as my anchor. Everytime. He's just too good to drop. Even the match before I ranked up to Maijin I made a 1vs3 come back with him. He'll always be my anchor.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420
Best Genre: Roguelites and Roguelikes. Best Game: Enter the Gungeon. Great Game: Dead Cells.

Avalon64
3 months ago#13
lol I am also a little resentful of how well Goku can work in teams thanks to his beam assist and DHC potential...perk of being the main hero I guess, but yeah my Goku is definitely weaker then my Vegeta I REALLY need to work on that besides not having a DP, a low 2L is also something I used more with Vegeta that Goku lacks its not a huge deal though, I think using Goku for me is suddenly trying to use my right hand when I used my left this whole time I think I COULD eventually get him to work but its a bit of a change

amusingly the last guy I fought, was a guy who LITERALLY only used auto combos, vanish and super dash...in one of those matches I am a bit embarrassed to say he almost beat me since I since I tried to challenge Hit's auto combo...and yeah he can outhit alot of my guys lol, last fight I dominated though to the point he stopped playing and gave up and let me kill him

its amazing he got all the way to super saiyan 3 using this alone...
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: mistermikeymike

mistermikeymike
3 months ago#14
AiRxJones posted...
Ssj Goku has more synergy with Broly, check out rooflemonger.. He runs (or atleast he used to) a broly/ssj goku shell.

its true that they have more synergy. roof however is a fat idiot... follow dogura, he plays both
You are now posting in a
#mikeytopic

User Info: mistermikeymike

mistermikeymike
3 months ago#15
Andros-2k10 posted...
Everytime I feel like dropping SS Goku off my team I pull off a 1vs3 come back with him as my anchor. Everytime. He's just too good to drop. Even the match before I ranked up to Maijin I made a 1vs3 come back with him. He'll always be my anchor.

i play base goku and he just makes a s*** ton of comebacks for me. he's objectively mediocre to outright awful yet he just comes through in the clutch for me.

something about doing 70% of their life per combo but not having mixups/oki just works
You are now posting in a
#mikeytopic

User Info: Andros-2k10

Andros-2k10
3 months ago#16
mistermikeymike posted...
Andros-2k10 posted...

i play base goku and he just makes a s*** ton of comebacks for me. he's objectively mediocre to outright awful yet he just comes through in the clutch for me.

something about doing 70% of their life per combo but not having mixups/oki just works

Yeah I do see that happen alot. In the end it's what works for you I guess. Mediocre or low tier one thing that is sure is that Base Goku hits like a f***** truck.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420
Best Genre: Roguelites and Roguelikes. Best Game: Enter the Gungeon. Great Game: Dead Cells.

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
3 months ago#17
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
FemtomShiling posted...
FemtomShiling posted...
also his small size does help.

Also Rico suave

Also f*** you very much sir . Alot

Lol wat?

PrismUFO posted...
Rather Verdane than anyone for Broly.
Also, Alioune is picking him up.

Both rico n roof been rockin broly since day 1 i think

Didn't dogura try using broly? What ever happened to that?
fallout3/nv remaster 64 bit pls
T7:Steve Fox, Armor King Sfv:Akuma, Nash Dbfz:Cell/Zamasu/SSJ Goku, Hit/A.Gohan/Tien

Avalon64
3 months ago#18
dropped him in favour of using Cooler sometimes, something he said he would do if Cooler were to be released in a Bornfree interview (at the time Cooler wasn't announced yet)

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
3 months ago#19
FemtomShiling posted...
FemtomShiling posted...
also his small size does help.

Also Rico suave

Also f*** you very much sir . Alot

Lol wat?

PrismUFO posted...
Rather Verdane than anyone for Broly.
Also, Alioune is picking him up.

Both rico n roof been rockin broly since day 1 i think

@Denizen_Of_Dark I read your post as an ironic way to makes fun of my typo (i typed alos instead of alot) and i tought that you brought up a spanish name as a mockery .

Didnt even knew this guy and well after a quick search

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx64_N4AA04

lol

my apologies
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
3 months ago#20
Avalon64 posted...
dropped him in favour of using Cooler sometimes, something he said he would do if Cooler were to be released in a Bornfree interview (at the time Cooler wasn't announced yet)

Ah, that makes sense
fallout3/nv remaster 64 bit pls
T7:Steve Fox, Armor King Sfv:Akuma, Nash Dbfz:Cell/Zamasu/SSJ Goku, Hit/A.Gohan/Tien
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. The Pros and Cons of SS Goku and SS Vegeta Anchor
  • Topic Archived