• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. The Pros and Cons of SS Goku and SS Vegeta Anchor

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 month ago#1
Hey everyone! Debating whether I should make some team adjustments whether temporary or in the long term future

My current Team is Broly/Piccolo/SS Vegeta, and I just feel the synergy for Broly and Piccolo works well for me lol, whether its the homing ball assist on a knockdown to work into a command grab or just generally tagging into Piccolo when I feel need to give Broly a breather and Piccolo bringing his own unique style into the mix, the team is very fun to play which is the whole plus to this, they are two of my all time favourite Dragonball characters so huge bonus points on that too lol

Now for most of the anchor work I had SS Vegeta, solid character, can hold his own very well, if he's the last man standing he'll put in work to show you why he is, great assist which despite the Z assist nerf, I never really used Vegeta too defensively anyway, usually I call him out in neutral or after a Broly slam into the corner to keep combos going, then there's that DP...lol

now Im considering maybe making the switch for SS Goku, I know people always rated him a great assist and anchor character, maybe I'll even just try him out see if he gels with my team of Broly and Piccolo, I have used him for other teams but I do run a small problem my Vegeta is defintiely better then my Goku but hey maybe its something I can work on him more

So anyone like to share their thoughts on Goku and Vegeta, I'd like to hear them, so anyway thanks everyone!
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: AiRxJones

AiRxJones
1 month ago#2
Ssj Goku has more synergy with Broly, check out rooflemonger.. He runs (or atleast he used to) a broly/ssj goku shell.
P4AU: Mitsuru DBFZ: Beerus/Bardock/SSJ Vegeta
SSBU: Simon/Richter

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
1 month ago#3
ssGoku>beam+double super

ssVegeta>dp+still very good assist . alos his small size does help

But yeah in Broly 's case iwould go for ssGoku .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 month ago#4
AiRxJones posted...
Ssj Goku has more synergy with Broly, check out rooflemonger.. He runs (or atleast he used to) a broly/ssj goku shell.

Also Rico suave
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
1 month ago#5
FemtomShiling posted...
also his small size does help.

Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
Also Rico suave

Also f*** you very much sir . Alot
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: PrismUFO

PrismUFO
1 month ago#6
Rather Verdane than anyone for Broly.
Also, Alioune is picking him up.
FighterZ : Broly, Goku Super Saiyen, Vegeta Blue
BCF : Amane Nishiki, Susanoo | UNIST : Merkava | Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 : Ky Kiske

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 month ago#7
Alioune's picking up Broly? I'd like to see that! Lol

Also happy to say had a few sets adding Goku instead of Vegeta and man that beam is legit, I need to incorporate it into my Broly combos better but that nice hitbox that can't be super dashed through came through...

but when it comes to using Goku, I think Im better using Vegeta, and his assist still isn't bad...ugh I am really having a tough time deciding lol
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 month ago#8
FemtomShiling posted...
FemtomShiling posted...
also his small size does help.

Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
Also Rico suave

Also f*** you very much sir . Alot

Lol wat?

PrismUFO posted...
Rather Verdane than anyone for Broly.
Also, Alioune is picking him up.

Both rico n roof been rockin broly since day 1 i think
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: GodDammitNappa

GodDammitNappa
1 month ago#9
Love Rico's Broly and his Cooler
A major in child psychology
WITH A MINOR IN PAIN

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
1 month ago#10
I personally run Goku and Vegeta as my second and anchor (respectively) and I'm finding success with that setup even with broly (Goku's beam super means that Broly gets corner combos off anything he does).
"Y'all are stupid" - Guzman
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. The Pros and Cons of SS Goku and SS Vegeta Anchor
  • Topic Archived