• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. As much as I don't like Frieza as a character...

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
3 months ago#1
I think he's become easily the most overrated villain in Dragonball but that's just me, the new buff he got in his destructo disks is pretty cool lol

especially the new combo route which results in you hitting them with the disks on the return, allowing the disks to hit you as well and finishing with his level 3 I must kill you with my hand super since the new sliding knockdown draws them in close enough to do it now

I mean I wonder if it was intentional by the devs? Since this actuality recreated the final scene in the namek fight, that Frieza resorted to using the wake up super attack BECAUSE he was sliced in half by his own disks lol

so I applaud Arksys, that's a neat attention to detail intentional or not
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: GodzGift42

GodzGift42
3 months ago#2
>not liking Frieza

Boi, what's wrong with you. Fix yourself please

But yeah, his new disc combo is cool and creative. This game has it's moments of brilliance no doubt
No such thing as world peace... only Ron Artest

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
3 months ago#3
Frieza got even more fun to play
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
3 months ago#4
You simply don't like Frieza because he's popular. Accept it.

He's arguable the best actual villain in the franchise because he offers more depth and background than Cell or Buu.

Avalon64 posted...
I mean I wonder if it was intentional by the devs? Since this actuality recreated the final scene in the namek fight, that Frieza resorted to using the wake up super attack BECAUSE he was sliced in half by his own disks lol

Obviously that was the intention.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
3 months ago#5
I don't like Frieza

When you have trash taste and let everyone know it
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: ImpulseKid86

ImpulseKid86
3 months ago#6
For whatever its worth, I don't believe there is anything wrong with disliking a character due to their popularity. Hell, the early X-Men movies led me to turn sour on the character of Wolverine, due to their tendency to put him front and centre at the expense of almost everyone else. I came to appreciate Days of Future Past (the extended cut in particular) all the more for using him exclusively to drive the plot instead of allowing him to steal the spotlight from the rest of the cast.

With regards to Dragon Ball, I cannot fathom for the life of me why the original iteration of Broly became as popular as he did. As a character, he has the substance of a scab and his backstory is absolutely ridiculous even by the standards of the franchise. Apparently, Super's reinvention of him fares better, but I'll find out for sure when the film hits Australian cinemas on January 24th.
Before you die, I will carve my name into your flesh. That name is Garcia F***ing Hotspur, hunter of demons and slayer of pendejos like you!!!

User Info: GonzoRider

GonzoRider
3 months ago#7
Frieza overrated? GTFO
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death- HST

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
3 months ago#8
wow people here actually get ruffled I have an opinion, ah well it's not like I ever cared about what people thought about me, if I did I wouldn't have said so, so whatever

I was here pointing out a cool gameplay tidbit from a character that I openly admit I don't even like so I think that's kinda compliment, right? Lol
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: Black-Isz

Black-Isz
3 months ago#9
I liked him in DBZ, but DBGT took a s*** on him and Cell, and DBS gave him an ugly-as-f*** palette swap and shoved him in your face so much that I am now sick of the character.

User Info: GodDammitNappa

GodDammitNappa
3 months ago#10
Frieza is alright but his Brother is so much Cooler
A major in child psychology
WITH A MINOR IN PAIN
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. As much as I don't like Frieza as a character...
  • Topic Archived