• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. When did Dragon Ball become stupid?

User Info: Masckerdoom

Masckerdoom
4 months ago#1
When did Dragon Ball become stupid? - Results (767 votes)
It was always stupid
39.77% (305 votes)
It was never stupid
13.43% (103 votes)
At the beginning of Dragon Ball Z
4.17% (32 votes)
During Dragon Ball Z
15.78% (121 votes)
Battle of the Gods
8.6% (66 votes)
Resurrection F
3.26% (25 votes)
Beginning of Dragon Ball Super
10.3% (79 votes)
"Jiren" (that's the ugly guy right?)
2.35% (18 votes)
Ultra instinct
2.35% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The reception of Dragon Ball Super has been mixed to negative. I personally am attracted to some elements of it such as Zamasu the green guy and future Trunks, however I cannot get past the bad animation and even worse choreography. From what I heard the manga is even worse in terms of production value. Now the series is at a point where I believe it is beyond mediocre. "Jiren" has to be the worst villain design I've ever seen in anything, and the new transformation known as "ultra instinct" is so stupid that it has quite literally become an internet joke. I don't have to watch beyond a snippet of the fight between dumb Goku and the ugly villain to become physically ill. I think Battle of the gods was brilliant, and where I personally stand is that everything after Super Saiyan God is stupid. It was the perfect almighty transformation. There was so much potential in it alone for desperate fight scenes etc. Now new transformations are being churned out for lazy plot convenience and selling merchandise... I like the handling of the Dragon Ball Super content in Fighterz, except for the fact that "Hit" seems really lame. I thought this would be a good place to pose the question.

Edit: I intended for "stupid" to be used as a term to describe negative/poorly thought out aspects to the point of unbearableness. If you enjoy the series at all, please don't choose this option
Switch: SW-0126-9896-7010
Favourite people: Jordan Peterson, Candace Owens, Ricky Gervais, Ethan Klein, Gavin McInnes, Blair White

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
4 months ago#2
It was always stupid. It went from a goofy martial arts cartoon that clung onto toilet humor to dudes screaming for 21 minutes at a time all to either shoot a giant beam or get punched or kicked in the gut a few times.

Not to say that's necessarily bad, as it did mold the base for nearly every single shonen anime to come, but I don't see much need to really take a series that has never taken itself truly seriously from start to finish, even if most of Z felt darker than its previous and future counterparts.

At least in my opinion :)
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/39lX5ve.jpg http://i.imgur.com/9S9glYE.png http://i.imgur.com/jchyRfp.jpg

User Info: Burchyplus

Burchyplus
4 months ago#3
Well, it always has been but Z was actually pretty well written and character driven up until the end of the Cell saga, there's some great character moments in Z which are completely absent in the one note characters of super.

While I do like the Buu saga I understand why people see this as a falling off point, the tone is a complete mess and there is no overarching plot. Buu saga starts good, after Goku has passed the torch he returns for one day to settle his rivalry with Vegeta and also takes the mentor role by stalling Buu and teaching the kids fusion. Meanwhile the torch holder Gohan has to get back in shape but this is where it all falls apart, what he does to get his power back required no effort on his part and ultimately ended up pointless, he didn't do anything. On top of that the fusion kids also did nothing and Goku ends up coming back to life and taking the torch back.

The Buu saga actually back tracks the overarching story and is what starts supers (and GTs) obsession with shoving Goku and Vegeta in the spotlight for the entire show.
Why loot boxes are the worst thing in gaming:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207946-star-wars-battlefront-ii/76036841/891196567

User Info: KamiNoBeniMizu

KamiNoBeniMizu
4 months ago#4
Oh the quality of animation in Super. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

The Zamasu (fused) fight had some fluid animations against Shiny Trunks and SSB Gojeta. But it didn't last long... I thought they would have kept doing it for upcoming episodes.
BeyondTheImpossible/Spiderforest, enjoy the reading folks! (Thanks to "insert name here" for putting spiderforest in their signature!)

User Info: Xeogran

Xeogran
4 months ago#5
Never.

User Info: GodzGift42

GodzGift42
4 months ago#6
Dragon Ball was always stupid, but it was still a good show overall. Super on the other hand...
no such thing as world peace, just ron artest

User Info: Masckerdoom

Masckerdoom
4 months ago#7
GodzGift42 posted...
Dragon Ball was always stupid, but it was still a good show overall. Super on the other hand...

Read my message.
Switch: SW-0126-9896-7010
Favourite people: Jordan Peterson, Candace Owens, Ricky Gervais, Ethan Klein, Gavin McInnes, Blair White

User Info: mistermikeymike

mistermikeymike
4 months ago#8
back tingles
You are now posting in a
#mikeytopic

User Info: Dainebag

Dainebag
4 months ago#9
Burchyplus posted...
Well, it always has been but Z was actually pretty well written and character driven up until the end of the Cell saga, there's some great character moments in Z which are completely absent in the one note characters of super.

While I do like the Buu saga I understand why people see this as a falling off point, the tone is a complete mess and there is no overarching plot. Buu saga starts good, after Goku has passed the torch he returns for one day to settle his rivalry with Vegeta and also takes the mentor role by stalling Buu and teaching the kids fusion. Meanwhile the torch holder Gohan has to get back in shape but this is where it all falls apart, what he does to get his power back required no effort on his part and ultimately ended up pointless, he didn't do anything. On top of that the fusion kids also did nothing and Goku ends up coming back to life and taking the torch back.

The Buu saga actually back tracks the overarching story and is what starts supers (and GTs) obsession with shoving Goku and Vegeta in the spotlight for the entire show.

This. The cell saga ended perfectly and the touch should have been passed but they needed to put goku back in.
I’ve not seen super but I’ve heard none of the Z fighters really fight at all in it, and that it mostly revolves around goku and vegeta.

All this being said, it’s always been a dumb fun cartoon. And even the fun is now very subjective as even the streamlined Kai versions can still seem like a gruelling slog.

User Info: SuperMATH

SuperMATH
4 months ago#10
when its fans started asking stupid questions and worrying about it
a chick with an attitude just like her mama
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. When did Dragon Ball become stupid?
  • Topic Archived