I owe Vergeben (however you spell his name) an apology

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I owe Vergeben (however you spell his name) an apology

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
3 months ago#11
biako06 posted...
@Rainforce posted...
he got nothing right in this game, the guy is a fraud

you should be apologizing to the datamine guys

He predicted a ton of stuff for other games too. Injustice I believe. And Smash... Soul Calibur, Devil May Cry...

Is it not all coming true?

Still waiting on the MVCI season 2 DLC he promised.
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
3 months ago#12
biako06 posted...
I'm - sorry.

There, I said it.

I was one of many who made call-out threads completely trashing him when he leaked the roster months ago.

I thought he was trying to trash the game. What he actually what he did was he mentally prepared us, mentally prepared the internet months in advance. He did it on gamefaqs, reddit, neogaf/resetera, /r/Kappa etc..

He needs an apology from the people who mocked and attacked him.

I'm man enough to step up and admit being wrong.

I'm sorry.

Thank you, you're welcome, and apology accepted.

Also, I want to take another moment to tell everyone here that "former Bandai Namco employee" person who contacted me back then that included those characters for Season 2 is dubious as hell. I even openly said when I posted what they sent me that I was weary of it and thought it to be bulls***.
In short, I wouldn't take it at face value. I don't know why people hang that over my head when even I was practically waving a CAUTION sign digitally for everyone to see in my phrasing because I had a hard time believing it, but wanting to give it the benefit of the doubt since I didn't hear anything at the time that could totally debunk it.
But things like my knowing that Xenoverse 3 is in development and some info on DBFZ Season 2 absolutely debunks it for sure if the Zoro thing didn't already before.

With that said, I will openly finally say that I heard from a much more reliable source back in May that there is definitely a Season 2, but they're not sure which characters will part of the DLC pack other than that they heard that Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren are on the short list of characters they want to include. So that could be taken as they're going to be included, but no surprise there since MARKETING.

Now, I don't want to get people's hopes up since I'd put more stock in the person I just mentioned more and they don't know more than just that there will be a Season 2 of DLC and Jiren and UI Goku are on the high priority list that should mean the obvious, but from someone else I know, they claimed to me that they only know 4 of the 8, which are Jiren, UI Goku, SS4 Goku, and Gogeta.
So there could be something to that. It does sounds safe and Saiyan enough to be true.

Sir_RaZZo posted...
biako06 posted...
@Rainforce posted...

He predicted a ton of stuff for other games too. Injustice I believe. And Smash... Soul Calibur, Devil May Cry...

I don't work for Capcom. If a game tanks and support is a abandoned, I have no influence on that.
Even people like Max openly said they heard the same Season 2 characters for MvCI that I heard.

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
3 months ago#13
biako06 posted...
@Rainforce posted...

He got TMNT in Injustice 2 and SC6 happening with some details that were correct and some that were flat out wrong. DMC5 was being predicted by everyone for every even for literal years. DMC5 being "leaked" had become a meme for a while, that being said tmk he was half a year off when that would be shown too.
Meanwhile he had several wrong guesses for SFV and after a while settled on a list already leaked by someone else, has gotten a few things half right at best with Smash with everything that wasnt already leaked or something that could be guessed unconfirmed still, and for this game he has bungled multiple lists for both the base game(remember when he said Goku Black was already finished and might be DLC before we got a trailer for him where he was blatantly unfinished?) and for DLC(went through several lists iirc ending on the current one after the datamine from what I remember).

He's gotten more wrong than right and a good chunk of what they did get right is marred by obvious instances of throwing s*** at the wall to see what sticks, riding other leaks coattails, or things within the same leak just being wrong.
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: dudapf

dudapf
3 months ago#14
Vergeben posted...
they claimed to me that they only know 4 of the 8, which are Jiren, UI Goku, SS4 Goku, and Gogeta.
So there could be something to that. It does sounds safe and Saiyan enough to be true.

If that's true, then those are 4 probable no-go's for me. Maybe Gogeta, though I'd buy Janemba. Not a fan of Super or GT, to be honest. I'd much rather have Kid Goku and Roshi, even Raditz and Videl - anything old canon because that's my jam.

Still, I'm hyped for base forms, so... if those chars would make other people happy, then happy DLC to those people. But I'll believe datamining when/if it comes. True leaks or no, publishers only write stuff in stone at the last minute.

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
3 months ago#15
XxTheEndlessWaltzxX posted...
Y'all are some ungrateful fools

We're supposed to be grateful for... What exactly?

I don't know why we're celebrating people who are untrustworthy within their own industry, nor do I understand why the person who reports said leaked info to the public is supposed to be in any way admirable.
Waifu culture is cancer.

User Info: kio87gre

kio87gre
3 months ago#16
AfroPrime posted...
XxTheEndlessWaltzxX posted...
Y'all are some ungrateful fools

We're supposed to be grateful for... What exactly?

I don't know why we're celebrating people who are untrustworthy within their own industry, nor do I understand why the person who reports said leaked info to the public is supposed to be in any way admirable.

Indeed. People like that are trash. A cancer to the gaming community. Just because they crave the attention of some randoms on the webz. Pathetic.
Domains under heaven, after a long period of division, tends to unite;
after a long period of union, tends to divide.

User Info: legendaryss4

legendaryss4
3 months ago#17
S2 cast looks trash
"Keep calm and become like Water"

User Info: Ragiroth

Ragiroth
3 months ago#18
Vergeben posted...
biako06 posted...
I'm - sorry.

There, I said it.

I was one of many who made call-out threads completely trashing him when he leaked the roster months ago.

I thought he was trying to trash the game. What he actually what he did was he mentally prepared us, mentally prepared the internet months in advance. He did it on gamefaqs, reddit, neogaf/resetera, /r/Kappa etc..

He needs an apology from the people who mocked and attacked him.

I'm man enough to step up and admit being wrong.

I'm sorry.

Thank you, you're welcome, and apology accepted.

Also, I want to take another moment to tell everyone here that "former Bandai Namco employee" person who contacted me back then that included those characters for Season 2 is dubious as hell. I even openly said when I posted what they sent me that I was weary of it and thought it to be bulls***.
In short, I wouldn't take it at face value. I don't know why people hang that over my head when even I was practically waving a CAUTION sign digitally for everyone to see in my phrasing because I had a hard time believing it, but wanting to give it the benefit of the doubt since I didn't hear anything at the time that could totally debunk it.
But things like my knowing that Xenoverse 3 is in development and some info on DBFZ Season 2 absolutely debunks it for sure if the Zoro thing didn't already before.

With that said, I will openly finally say that I heard from a much more reliable source back in May that there is definitely a Season 2, but they're not sure which characters will part of the DLC pack other than that they heard that Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren are on the short list of characters they want to include. So that could be taken as they're going to be included, but no surprise there since MARKETING.

Now, I don't want to get people's hopes up since I'd put more stock in the person I just mentioned more and they don't know more than just that there will be a Season 2 of DLC and Jiren and UI Goku are on the high priority list that should mean the obvious, but from someone else I know, they claimed to me that they only know 4 of the 8, which are Jiren, UI Goku, SS4 Goku, and Gogeta.

Sir_RaZZo posted...
biako06 posted...
@Rainforce posted...

I don't work for Capcom. If a game tanks and support is a abandoned, I have no influence on that.
Even people like Max openly said they heard the same Season 2 characters for MvCI that I heard.

On one hand those are probably the best other Gokus they could include (Though that'll f***ing suck if it's not MUI Goku, I need my white hair). On the other hand, if that's true.......my god. I get it, he's Goku but can they seriously stop f***ing sucking his dick. Does arcys have faith in any character that isn't Goku? If Janemba isn't in that list and we get two more Gokus.......ugh.

That's still probably an improvement over the original season 2, if that is true
Official Scarecrow of the Injustice 2 boards PSN-Ragiroth
My youtube channel-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMERPuPx-fmj454YDxDESg

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
3 months ago#19
He doesn't exactly "leak" s***, he just gives us the what's up on what is (and isn't leaked).
Some may be true, some may be false. I always take it with a grain of salt (but don't openly dismiss it).
Basically what I'm trying to say here is, good on him for giving us the leaks we needed.
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
3 months ago#20
Sir_Punsalot posted...
He doesn't exactly "leak" s***, he just gives us the what's up on what is (and isn't leaked).
Some may be true, some may be false. I always take it with a grain of salt (but don't openly dismiss it).
Basically what I'm trying to say here is, good on him for giving us the leaks we needed.

The big issue seems to be that he just mashes it all together while also putting their own thoughts into it as well. It's difficult to tell what info came from where, when, or even if it's legit info at all. Which is further made more difficult as they edit things in and out later which to someone not following makes it look like they had it there from the start which makes it even more confusing.
It makes it difficult on our end to even tell anything apart, while also giving them an excuse to remove things later due to a source allegedly being wrong.
Them adding their own thoughts into things not only makes it more confusing as well but combined with how defensive they are about their leaks and how they like to announce that they leaked stuff it makes it look more like attention grabs than legit leaks.
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I owe Vergeben (however you spell his name) an apology

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived