Seems like pros are leaving DBFZ. Some think its too shallow

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Seems like pros are leaving DBFZ. Some think its too shallow

User Info: supershadonic

supershadonic
1 week ago#1
https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/963016115529007106

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResourcefulImpossibleHeronSSSsss (Thinks its shallow)

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/961246162513743872 (Talks about Japan pros not caring)
(I Have 0 idea why this bombed in Japan. Like DBZ is culture to Japan. Scroll up for numbers)

https://twitter.com/cyberjapanagent/status/962725703509729280 (Thinks its shallow)

The rest I can understand because I really do find it pretty shallow and all but...

How does Japan not buy this... I don't get it.
Play not to win but to push yourself beyond your own limits and you'll eventually learn to rise above.

User Info: GodzGift42

GodzGift42
1 week ago#2
Meh, who cares what a few people say. When the game starts getting s***ty tourney entrants then ill be worried
Hardcore scrub

User Info: perfectchaos83

perfectchaos83
1 week ago#3
The game didn't bomb in Japan. It sold just as much as Xenoverse does in Japan.
Mia FTW!!!
The Dude abides.
Well for starters, it went up against MonHun in Japan. That game is to Japan as Starcraft is to Korea.

I think the other issue is that they made it to easy to do a lot of damage in this game. I can do 50% meter neutral off of just about every hit with Trunks, and depending on the hit, can keep the pressure going afterwards. I don't know if I've "mastered" the character, but I see no reason to keep getting better if off literally every hit I can convert it to around 50%. Unless I can make that number 100% (which you can't in this game), then I've done all I need to do with him on the technical side. The rest is just becoming a better player.

Which is fun, but it also sorta isn't fun, if that makes sense. I think EVO will be a major moment for this game. If people show up with their secret tech that blows the game wide open, I think this game will have the competitive legs. If it doesn't, I can see it being a reliable side tournament (at the end of the day, it's just a plain old fun game).

I think the lack of characters was the biggest fault for longevity. I ran into this the other day when I realized that I couldn't find any characters that I really liked. Trunks and Vegeta I enjoy a lot. I can't find a third that I find myself really psyched to play. For a 3v3 game, that sucks.

I don't know what the magic number would be, but maybe 10 more characters would be keeping this fresh. They should have made each character more unique. I get why they homogenized them, and it works for what they were trying to accomplish (you aren't barred from getting to play who you like because they are too hard or weird). But this does lead to a sort of boringness to the whole thing.

Also the things they left in that are unique sort of suck. Beerus was someone I was insanely psyched to play as. But his projectile game is trash (dragon rush just gets rid of it all). So he ends up just being a handicapped version of a better fighter.

Still one of my fav fighting games though.
600 Mhz Intel Celeron Processor || 32 MB SyncDRAM || 128 KB L2 Cache
10 GB Ultra DMA/66 Hard Drive || 40X CD-ROM || 3D AGP Intel Direct

User Info: Tifas_Man

Tifas_Man
1 week ago#5
I don't care who leaves or stays. All that I care about is my enjoyment of the game.
PSN: AwesomeAsFozzy
"THAT'S RIGHT!!! RUN YOU B*******!!!! I'M COMING FOR YOU ALL!!!!" - Lara Croft

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
1 week ago#6
To be honest, like Blazblue Cross, I believe the game is more focused on the West.

If they really wanted to cater to Japan, DBFZ likely would've gotten an Arcade version.
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife

User Info: Sethera

Sethera
1 week ago#7
Tifas_Man posted...
I don't care who leaves or stays. All that I care about is my enjoyment of the game.
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend.

User Info: AiRxJones

AiRxJones
1 week ago#8
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
Well for starters, it went up against MonHun in Japan. That game is to Japan as Starcraft is to Korea.

I think the other issue is that they made it to easy to do a lot of damage in this game. I can do 50% meter neutral off of just about every hit with Trunks, and depending on the hit, can keep the pressure going afterwards. I don't know if I've "mastered" the character, but I see no reason to keep getting better if off literally every hit I can convert it to around 50%. Unless I can make that number 100% (which you can't in this game), then I've done all I need to do with him on the technical side. The rest is just becoming a better player.

There are ToD combos in this game
P4AU Main: Mitsuru Sub: S.Chie
AiRxJones posted...
TheSteelPhoenix posted...

There are ToD combos in this game

Not practical ones. Not ones you can do off any hit. You know what I meant when I wrote that.
600 Mhz Intel Celeron Processor || 32 MB SyncDRAM || 128 KB L2 Cache
10 GB Ultra DMA/66 Hard Drive || 40X CD-ROM || 3D AGP Intel Direct
There'll always be people to replace the ones that leave. When the game isn't being played at important events, that's when it'll matter.
Tell me Bats, what are you REALLY scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? ME, in a THONG? - The Joker
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Seems like pros are leaving DBFZ. Some think its too shallow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.