You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. 2HFIL and back: how to git gud with DBFZ
As a heads up you can make some heavies safe.

For example Black's 5H can be made safe with 5S 236S.

Everyone's 2H can be "made safe" with homing dash. If they block your 2H you can use homing dash to try to clip them, since it's at an abnormally close range it'll be hard to react to. If they block the homing dash then you can jump cancel at the end of the guarded homing dash to be extra safe. From that position you can position yourself in the air to do another homing dash that will fool the auto correct on the opponents 2H and nab them if they try to punish it.

However if you use this too often then the first Homing Dash can be 2H'd, but since it's so close the reaction needs to be spot on.
Kitanai Ningen - Zamasu 2016
"To be honest, Ginyu himself doesn't have very many moves." - Tomoko Hiroki, DBFZ producer.

User Info: mithras123

mithras123
1 year ago#42
Thanks for all the tips. I am wainting to get my dbfz copy :D
best email validator https://www.zerobounce.net/

User Info: Saphiro187

Saphiro187
1 year ago#43
appreciate the effort, but how can i git gut if i don't understand a single word? It's all giberrish.

User Info: Sethera

Sethera
1 year ago#44
Saphiro187 posted...
appreciate the effort, but how can i git gut if i don't understand a single word? It's all giberrish.

You have to read that other pinned topic by the same guy first.
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend.

User Info: DrunkenPilot72

DrunkenPilot72
1 year ago#45
Sethera posted...
Saphiro187 posted...

You have to read that other pinned topic by the same guy first.

Yeah unfortunately the edit feature is only available for the first hour after a post otherwise I would've just had this all consolidated into 1 topic. The first topic was a general "welcome to the FGC, this is what all this crap means" for newbies that was made when the game was first announced while this topic is for DBFZ specifics. Regardless of where you go for information, terms like "cross up" and "pressure" are going to be used.
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095

User Info: ploluap

ploluap
1 year ago#46
With perfect reaction (not guessing), is it possible to guard against everything ? Or are you forced to guess and guard before the opponent actually do an overhead or low attack ?

User Info: DrunkenPilot72

DrunkenPilot72
1 year ago#47
ploluap posted...
With perfect reaction (not guessing), is it possible to guard against everything ? Or are you forced to guess and guard before the opponent actually do an overhead or low attack ?

It is possible but not very practical - not even the best players are fast enough to simply react to everything. Time in these games are measured in frames, 60 frames per second is the standard for fighting games so it would require a player to be able to react within 1/60 of a second.

While basic fundamentals carry over between games, good defense is normally game specific as you have to be able to recognize which moves and set ups hit over head, low, or are used specifically to set up frame traps and throws. That kind of knowledge only comes with experience, expect to get hit by Trunk's Shining Slash or SSB Goku's over head kick a few times before you automatically start to guard high.
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095

User Info: DysonSlinky

DysonSlinky
1 year ago#48
The average time a human can genuinely react to is around 16f iirc, so this game is largely going to be around guessing and predicting instead of raw reaction. Learn those matchups boys.
PSN: DysonSlinky (will not accept blank friend requests)
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD Remix || Game Backlog: Final Fantasy XV, Horizon Zero Dawn
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 year ago#49
Tag.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. 2HFIL and back: how to git gud with DBFZ