2HFIL and back: how to git gud with DBFZ

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. 2HFIL and back: how to git gud with DBFZ

User Info: GodzGift42

GodzGift42
8 months ago#31
Btw Tc i dont thnk you mentioned how good jumping is in the neutral and why. Thats a very important tip since you can mix your jumps up, block while jumping, and avoid being mixed up by cross up heavy chars like Hit. Jumping jab also beats homing dash when times correctly so no worries about homing dash spam either
Hardcore scrub
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: DrunkenPilot72

DrunkenPilot72
8 months ago#32
GodzGift42 posted...
Btw Tc i dont thnk you mentioned how good jumping is in the neutral and why. Thats a very important tip since you can mix your jumps up, block while jumping, and avoid being mixed up by cross up heavy chars like Hit. Jumping jab also beats homing dash when times correctly so no worries about homing dash spam either

Crap you are right, really wish I could go back and edit that. Some times something as basic as empty jumps are great just to fish for a reaction, any reaction, from the opponent.

That said, it isn't something I'd recommend to newbies as a mistimed aerial gets blown up by homing dash. I'd say once a player is comfortable with deflecting, they should also be jumping. Also jumping does a great job of shutting down certain character mix up options (Trunks, Adult Gohan, SSB Goku, I'm looking at you) as it removes the high/low question from the equation.

Be very fearful of jumping against 16 though. Respect that man or get dunk'd. A good 16 backed by 18's barrier and Gotenk is an infuriating defensive shell to crack.
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: GodzGift42

GodzGift42
8 months ago#33
DrunkenPilot72 posted...
GodzGift42 posted...

Crap you are right, really wish I could go back and edit that. Some times something as basic as empty jumps are great just to fish for a reaction, any reaction, from the opponent.

That said, it isn't something I'd recommend to newbies as a mistimed aerial gets blown up by homing dash. I'd say once a player is comfortable with deflecting, they should also be jumping. Also jumping does a great job of shutting down certain character mix up options (Trunks, Adult Gohan, SSB Goku, I'm looking at you) as it removes the high/low question from the equation.

Be very fearful of jumping against 16 though. Respect that man or get dunk'd. A good 16 backed by 18's barrier and Gotenk is an infuriating defensive shell to crack.

True true. It is a more intermediate tactic after all. Do you plan on making a guide for more advanced level players in the future?
Hardcore scrub

DrunkenPilot72
8 months ago#34
GodzGift42 posted...
True true. It is a more intermediate tactic after all. Do you plan on making a guide for more advanced level players in the future?

Not at the moment. To be honest I'm only an above average player so I'd leave the real juicy guides to people far more qualified than myself.

I'm all for people using this place as a tech dumping ground though ^_^

User Info: Sethera

Sethera
8 months ago#35
@DrunkenPilot72 as a casual fighting game enthusiast. Thank you very much, your posts and topics are very informative to non FGC players. As someone who played fighting games very casually (just like most of the games I play) for fun and never went competitive, I'm just now learning what "cancels", "mix ups" etc. are (and were even able to implement that knowledge in my play style).

Again, thanks for your dedication in helping this community.
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend.

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
8 months ago#36
Does every character have an overhead?
"I'm an atheist too but still believe in hell. That's where you're headed pal." - Mr_Karate_II

User Info: Nazdrovie

Nazdrovie
8 months ago#37
LightningAce11 posted...

6M is a universal overhead, meaning every character can press forward + M to do an overhead attack. Most aerial attacks need to be blocked standing too.
PSN: Light_Frog - Playing: Granblue Fantasy. Mwahahaha!! 5* Tien has finally joined...
If you see me, I'm procrastinating. Make me stop ;-;
(edited 8 months ago)

DrunkenPilot72
8 months ago#38
Sethera posted...
@DrunkenPilot72 as a casual fighting game enthusiast. Thank you very much, your posts and topics are very informative to non FGC players. As someone who played fighting games very casually (just like most of the games I play) for fun and never went competitive, I'm just now learning what "cancels", "mix ups" etc. are (and were even able to implement that knowledge in my play style).

Again, thanks for your dedication in helping this community.

No problem, glad to help. A community is only as good as its members so more players is a good thing.

LightningAce11 posted...

Yes but not every character has a good over head. 6M is a universal overhead but it requires an assist to combo afterward making it somewhat resource intensive. I wouldn't recommending using the universal overhead at all unless that set up is going to kill a character. You are better off just going for an IAD since all jumping normal attacks are over head by definition.
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: BillbertGundam

BillbertGundam
8 months ago#39
DrunkenPilot72 posted...

That can happen if you vanished from the air. Homing dash does some weird s*** if you try to fight against it in the air.

Cool thanks, gonna test it in training mode tonight.

Also, do you know any character with jump cross up attack?
Sophitia confirmed for SCVI!!

DrunkenPilot72
8 months ago#40
BillbertGundam posted...
Also, do you know any character with jump cross up attack?

If you mean a SF style cross up like j.MK then no, I'm not aware of any aerials that easily cross up from a normal jump. You can however get a jumping cross up from a precise IAD if you aerial with a normal with a low reaching hit box right as you cross over but that seems very luck dependant.

What I like to do is jump towards the opponent then double jump straight up so it becomes ambiguous which side I'll land on with a falling j.H. That tactic only works after you've conditioned the opponent to respect your air space, otherwise you will eat a 2H.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. 2HFIL and back: how to git gud with DBFZ

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.