You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. 2HFIL and back: how to git gud with DBFZ

User Info: DrunkenPilot72

DrunkenPilot72
1 year ago#11
krazyshot1 posted...
DrunkenPilot72 posted...
For opponents looking for 2H, your best option is to block and deflect. Once you 2H your way out of beginner ranks, you’ll start fighting real opponents who actually think about how they’re going to kill you instead of mashing mindlessly on square and R2. They won’t be as predictable with homing dash and may even bait 2H. Homing dash at mind to close range becomes absurdly hard to react with 2H to and outright impossible with any sort of lag (nothing scream rage more than seeing homing dash stuff 2H). Blocking the dash becomes your best bet then deflect the follow up to create space. Blocking > deflect is also the safest way to deal with sparking homing dash.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure if you block a homing dash with a standing block you can punish with or at least start pressuring your opponent with 2M. It helps to have a far reaching 2M though.

However I believe that if you crouch block the homing dash then your opponent can mash a light and it will hit your 2M punish.

Huh, will definitely have to look into that. It might explain why sometimes Vegeta's 2M works but other times it gets stuffed.
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095

User Info: Sethera

Sethera
1 year ago#12
Your sticky request has been accepted.
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend.

User Info: DysonSlinky

DysonSlinky
1 year ago#13
Most autocombos are safe on block. So waiting for the heavy to finish won't work. However, in blukus case, you can interrupt the overhead with a jab so long as you block the first 2 hits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59KJb2n3g6o

Beerus's can be interrupted with a jab as well. Everyone else's can't be interrupted from what I tested, but granted, I haven't tested everyone yet.

EDIT: Autocombos however, are minus, despite being safe. If they just mash a second auto combo after, your jab will win.
PSN: DysonSlinky (will not accept blank friend requests)
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD Remix || Game Backlog: Final Fantasy XV, Horizon Zero Dawn
(edited 1 year ago)

DrunkenPilot72
1 year ago#14
DysonSlinky posted...
Most autocombos are safe on block. So waiting for the heavy to finish won't work. However, in blukus case, you can interrupt the overhead with a jab so long as you block the first 2 hits.

Beerus's can be interrupted with a jab as well. Everyone else's can't be interrupted from what I tested, but granted, I haven't tested everyone yet.

Don't all auto combos end with a unique finisher, hyper, or heavy attack that are all negative on block though? If nothing else I've seen plenty of Trunks and Vegeta players leave themselves wide open with auto combos. Again I'm not talking about using only a small section of an auto combo, I mean mashing the hell out of L, M, or H until the character stops moving.

Great find on SSB Goku. I wonder if there is an option select that would cover both the overhead and a 2M switch.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: DysonSlinky

DysonSlinky
1 year ago#15
DrunkenPilot72 posted...
DysonSlinky posted...

Don't all auto combos end with a unique finisher, hyper, or heavy attack that are all negative on block though? If nothing else I've seen plenty of Trunks and Vegeta players leave themselves wide open with auto combos. Again I'm not talking about using only a small section of an auto combo, I mean mashing the hell out of L, M, or H until the character stops moving.

Great find on SSB Goku. I wonder if there is an option select that would cover both the overhead and a 2M switch.

They are minus, but they are safe. I edited that in shortly before this post.
PSN: DysonSlinky (will not accept blank friend requests)
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD Remix || Game Backlog: Final Fantasy XV, Horizon Zero Dawn

DrunkenPilot72
1 year ago#16
Thanks everyone, sticky successful.

DysonSlinky posted...
They are minus, but they are safe. I edited that in shortly before this post.

Thanks for the correction.

Also credit to @Deathpossesion, completely forgot to mention guard cancels. Press 6+assist to instantly tag out while in block stun. Guard cancels are usable when you are down to your last character as well (turns into a vanish instead of an assist) which just further emphasizes the need to manage resources and keep meter stocked.

User Info: Ginta2468

Ginta2468
1 year ago#17
DysonSlinky posted...

EDIT: Autocombos however, are minus, despite being safe. If they just mash a second auto combo after, your jab will win.

You can also interrupt the ones that end with a grab like 16's and Cell's since they can't grab you on block from an autocombo.

Also great thread for beginners, glad this got stickied.
i will pay you real actual money if you take a game off of one of the gods on dream land with roy-knoxvader, Habefiet, MaskedSheik, rmao69

User Info: scaler24

scaler24
1 year ago#18
Should add Ultimate Gohan's 5L hitting low to the list of problematic auto combos. His QCF M also crosses-up AND is an overhead.
League of Legends: https://tinyurl.com/BrBard
PSN: LightningLoops
(edited 1 year ago)
If you have meter, vanish will beat out homing dash for free.

Sometimes the goddamn homing dash will auto correct and hit me instead.
Sophitia confirmed for SCVI!!

User Info: normalguycap

normalguycap
1 year ago#20
Some autocombos have insane speed and tracking to the point of beating pros.
"Yes, you've reached the Batcave. Batman speaking."
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. 2HFIL and back: how to git gud with DBFZ