I'm confused, why are people able to hit me when I block the dash???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I'm confused, why are people able to hit me when I block the dash???

User Info: zado19

zado19
5 months ago#1
I find it hard to believe that even in lag I’m pressing the button that slowly..... I don’t get how folk can dash in get blocked and then just keep attacking like it’s nothing
If you quote Endgame, you get ignored too, even if you have something of value to say...

User Info: ViciousMuse

ViciousMuse
5 months ago#2
The homing super dash? It has frame advantage on block, so if you try to attack immediately after, your opponent’s attack will stuff yours.
PSN: ViciousMuse

User Info: NewMikeRoss

NewMikeRoss
5 months ago#3
ViciousMuse posted...
The homing super dash? It has frame advantage on block, so if you try to attack immediately after, your opponent’s attack will stuff yours.

only when using sparking.

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
5 months ago#4
NewMikeRoss posted...
ViciousMuse posted...

NewMikeRoss posted...
ViciousMuse posted...

Not true i also believe it has a frame advantage over blocking even outside of sparking, non sparking just pushes u back
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
5 months ago#5
nativeboi85 posted...
NewMikeRoss posted...
ViciousMuse posted...

Not true i also believe it has a frame advantage over blocking even outside of sparking, non sparking just pushes u back

I'm under the impression that super dash is frame neutral. It has however many frames of blockstun, but has the same amount of frames for recovery. That's why you can block anything when you come out of super dash.
https://www.twitch.tv/tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: sharpshooter188

sharpshooter188
5 months ago#6
No, its punishable on block. BUT it does have a very small window in which to punish. So you would need something that has i-frames, or something that has long enough reach to catch that 3-5 frame window. If they are in sparkling mode though, forget it. It is completely safe on block in that case.

User Info: ViciousMuse

ViciousMuse
5 months ago#7
kkeevv posted...
nativeboi85 posted...
NewMikeRoss posted...
ViciousMuse posted...

I'm under the impression that super dash is frame neutral. It has however many frames of blockstun, but has the same amount of frames for recovery. That's why you can block anything when you come out of super dash.

So, apparently it’s -2 OB (really wish the official frame data was available) outside of Sparking. But with the pushback, you actually might whiff your attack if you try to take back your turn.
PSN: ViciousMuse

User Info: Enix Belmont

Enix Belmont
5 months ago#8
-2 seems exactly right to me
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.

User Info: sammogard

sammogard
5 months ago#9
Try reflecting after you block dash and they try a frame trap or block string
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I'm confused, why are people able to hit me when I block the dash???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived