• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. If jiren wins the tournament goku and vegeta lost every saga

User Info: TheSteelPhoenix

TheSteelPhoenix
1 year ago#41
The only way I can see it not being an asspull is if they do fusion, and Vegito goes royal blue with ultra instinct.

But I feel like the reason they showed frieza hanging on the edge is because it's gonna do something silly like, Vegeta and 17 are going to die or sacrifice themselves to get rid of toppo, and Goku and Jiren battle it out, but they both knock off at the same time or time runs out, and 7 wins on numbers.
600 Mhz Intel Celeron Processor || 32 MB SyncDRAM || 128 KB L2 Cache
10 GB Ultra DMA/66 Hard Drive || 40X CD-ROM || 3D AGP Intel Direct

User Info: Camc10

Camc10
1 year ago#42
Remember. You win by either being the last universe standing, or by having the most people left when time runs out. As long as at 3 of them (Goku, Vegeta, 17, Freiza) aren't eliminated, U7 wins by time out.
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/Cam10_84
https://psnprofiles.com/Cam10__84

User Info: supershadonic

supershadonic
1 year ago#43
jellybeanmaster posted...
windfoot posted...
If they win it is the worst asspull in the history of dragon ball

For the sake of story telling i HOPE at worst it is a draw. But jiren should flat out win.

If jiren loses it is confirmed that gt> super

All GT has given us is the beyond awesome lvl4 transformation. Other than that GT is painfully bad. Super could never hit that low

No offense but super's asspull PLs are much worse than GT's asspull PLs.

Frieza trains 4 months to s*** on what Goku became in years.
Android 17 reaches SSB levels... because he's getting training protecting animals from regular thugs...
Kefla... that word is enough...
Black Goku... ahahahaha there is no explanation for the spirit sword you defeated me with so I decided to become the f***in universe with no explanation... just for the sake of somehow forcing Xeno and a stupid button into the plot.

I'm sorry, I hated GT too... but GT really is better than Super.
Play not to win but to push yourself beyond your own limits and you'll eventually learn to rise above.

User Info: KINGR1P

KINGR1P
1 year ago#44
The issue with Super is that every single arc could have been amazing if it was handled differently. Amazing as in great fights, character interaction, a steady plot, reasonable writing/power scaling as well as character development.

In the Frieza arc they could have just had Goku kill Frieza. Think about it. On Namek he spared his life and endangered the Earth. Trunks stepped in and defeated Frieza because he assumed there was nobody there strong enough to take him on. Having knowing that Frieza came back, even more powerful, and was attempting to kill everyone again should have made Goku want to stop him permanently. Couple this with the fact that Whis had JUST TOLD GOKU that his MAIN WEAKNESS was his overconfidence and easy going nature. He still allowed himself to be done in by a basically defeated Frieza because he believes in 7 chances.

In the U6 arc this would have been a good time for Piccolo to shine as well as Vegeta. This was an opportunity for us to see how much more smarter Piccolo had gotten over the years as well as his level of power against worthy opponents. Then with Vegeta this would have been a good chance for him to finally beat the biggest threat of the arc (I'm aware HIt isn't evil but they were opponents) and show off why SSJB was supposed to be more powerful than SSJGRed. But nope. Vegeta gets roflstomps and Goku gives up lol.

The Goku Black arc had so many missed opportunities. First off, this could have been the arc where Goku and Vegeta willingly worked together with Trunks on the sideline. Trunks should be so weak compared to Goku and Vegeta that he shouldn't have even been a factor. Maybe holding his own against Regular Immortal Zamasu? I don't know. But the whole Vegito thing would have been cool if he was the one to beat Merged Zamasu, find out that the potaras were permanent, and either stayed as Vegito or wished themselves to be separated again with the Namek DBs.

The Tournament of Power is full of missed opportunities. Kale and Caulifla should have already been powerful upon introduction. The other universes could have been more fleshed out. I'm not saying give us 20 episodes of character and plot development(4-5 episodes would have been good tbh), but instead of Goku having friendly sparring matches with people to recruit people the main focus should have been on other universes. How they got their power, the meaning and/or theme of their universes, the motives of the fighters, etc etc. We didn't even get Jiren being a savage. When I say that I don't mean when he fought Hit, Goku, and Vegeta basically 1vs1. I mean him actually taking out an entire universe himself THEN meditating. Just to show people how much more powerful he was. But nope. Stand there with your arms crossed for 20 episodes Jiren. If Jiren didn't want to do it then why not Toppo? Or hell? The Rolento looking dude could have been buffed up to show how much power U11 had and took out a lot of people.

Speaking of taking out a lot of people. Why did U7 eliminate every universe? What was the point of the battle royale? Every universe was just a punching bag for U7.

But yeah man that's the surface level s*** that I feel like if they even made SOME of these changes Super would have been better. I'm sure other people can come up with better ideas and you're welcome to, but it doesn't change the fact that Super dropped the ball in like every arc.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3aZF6S-GJS772_8cz_3Uzg
For hip hop related content

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
1 year ago#45
They could asspull from the other direction by saying that Jiren just doesn't show the damage he receives.
https://www.twitch.tv/tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: Camc10

Camc10
1 year ago#46
Kale and Caulifla literally took out half the Pride Troopers in 2 episode, 6 if you count 18 taking out girl trooper. Dyspo jobbed to Hit and lost to Gohan and Frieza and Toppo lost to Vegeta and None of U11 got any elims outside of Jiren.
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/Cam10_84
https://psnprofiles.com/Cam10__84

User Info: The_Ivory_Man

The_Ivory_Man
1 year ago#47
Camc10 posted...
Kale and Caulifla literally took out half the Pride Troopers in 2 episode, 6 if you count 18 taking out girl trooper. Dyspo jobbed to Hit and lost to Gohan and Frieza and Toppo lost to Vegeta and None of U11 got any elims outside of Jiren.

The Pride Troopers are all superheroes, they don't like the idea of the tournament or killing universes.

It's why Jiren only eliminates Hit who he views as scum.
"Just because someone is killed doesn't mean they died" - Shojikan

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
1 year ago#48
Camc10 posted...

They're the PRIDE troopers. Pride is a capital sin. Yes, they're good guys but they're extremely arrogant and well, prideful.

Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo could have easily won the tournament in the first five minutes but they were confident in their good for nothing teammates. Their strategy of avoiding fights to save energy COMPLETELY backfired in the end:

-It gave Goku and Vegeta enough time to obtain new forms.
-None of the U7 fighters are tired (with the exception of MAYBE Frieza) even after eliminating SO MANY opponents. Heck, Vegeta just used Final Explosion and 30 seconds later is gonna be ready to turn Saiyan Blue2 against Jiren no sweat!
-Now there's 3 minutes left and if U7 stalls for time, U11 is done for. Even if Jiren is the most powerful being in the universe, all it takes is for Frieza and/or 17 to remain hidden for the next 3 minutes in order for U7 to win.

In a nutshell, the Pride Troopers join the ever growing list of antagonists that were arrogant enough to underestimate the protagonists and now they're done for.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. If jiren wins the tournament goku and vegeta lost every saga
  • Topic Archived