• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. If jiren wins the tournament goku and vegeta lost every saga

User Info: Chaos-15

Chaos-15
11 months ago#31
windfoot posted...
Sorry you cant say he is op without actually knowing his backstory

Being OP has nothing do with backstory.
Accept Madoka as your new God.

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
11 months ago#32
I think that they're in a very similar situation to the battle against Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga: nobody actually overpowered Vegeta properly in a fair 1vs1 battle yet Vegeta lost to the teamwork of Goku, Krillin, Gohan and Yaijirobe.

Jiren will probably be either:

1) Ringed out thanks to teamwork without being overpowered by anyone 1vs1.
2) Get stalled for time against U7, which means the protagonists will end up winning the tournament by numbers alone.

None of those will be an asspull in my opinion.

User Info: Fireseal32

Fireseal32
11 months ago#33
They don't have to beat Jiren to win the Tournament of Power.

User Info: Xfma100

Xfma100
11 months ago#34
Xx_SolidRaidenX posted...
The fact that Jiren reflected a final flash with HIS EYES speaks volumes on how awful the writing is in super. The writers are incompetent at this point, Jiren is the Broly of this show

Say what you want about the writing and Jiren, but he has been shown to do some weird stuff with his eyes this entire arc...

mudkip72 posted...
Don't know why the writers keep shafting Buu, he's been excluded from the RoF arc, U6 arc, and they threw him a small bone in the exhibition match just to write him out a 3rd time.

Also this so much.
Buu has so few fights in both GT and Super. It's a shame how the last villain of DBZ doesn't get to do anything noteworthy in Super... :/

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
11 months ago#35
Goku and Vegeta are winning the tournament lol.

Remember, it takes place before the retconned End of Z so there is no loss.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen: FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: The_Ivory_Man

The_Ivory_Man
11 months ago#36
windfoot posted...
Saphiro187 posted...
windfoot posted...
If they win it is the worst asspull in the history of dragon ball

For the sake of story telling i HOPE at worst it is a draw. But jiren should flat out win.

If jiren loses it is confirmed that gt> super

mind explaining? Didn't watch it all yet

Well ok

From the moment the tournament was announced to the actually start of the tourney they had two days

On those two days goku barely trained having some light spar sessions with most of the cast and a short training session with whis
Vegita had a training session in the time room

Before the tournament it was never stated they were nowhere close to hakaishins levels. In the manga vegita is koed effortlelsy by beerus

Now they are in the tournament and there is a fighter that is actually STRONGER than the hakaishins. The tournament is 50 minutes long

In that time span goku is going to not only get a new form exclusive to the gods but get proficient in it enough to beat someone stronrr than a god

A form, by the way, that the hakaishins have a hard time mastering

And goku beat up , tired and bruised in 50 minutes is going to get so good in it to be above the one above gods

One can take so many asspulls. That is too much

Whis has been teaching them Ultra Instinct since Resurrection F, it's not an asspull.

NinoSuave posted...
I understand Jiren is insane, but UI Goku was 100% on par with him even without knowing how to attack(They discussed him only knowing how to move in and dodge fast, but not apply that power to an actual attack).

My biggest thing is, how the hell are they going to deal with Toppo, who just happens to turn into a God of Destruction He just insta ragdolls everyone now and even caught Jirens attention mid fight.

I dont see a way Universe 7 win this. Only possibility would be UI Vegeto but I dont think thats an option since Vegeta refused to attempt UI and went with his own super blue.

Toppo was stated to be in training to be a successor to the God of Destruction in his first appearance.

These both had pretty blatant foreshadowing.mudkip72 posted...
windfoot posted...
And goku beat up , tired and bruised in 50 minutes is going to get so good in it to be above the one above gods

They should have just let Buu in the tournament so he could play team healer, and justify all the crap with Goku being beaten and exhausted just to regain his stamina within a few minutes.

Don't know why the writers keep shafting Buu, he's been excluded from the RoF arc, U6 arc, and they threw him a small bone in the exhibition match just to write him out a 3rd time.

I totally agree with this, I don't know why Buu isn't in any of this he brings a lot to the table.
"Just because someone is killed doesn't mean they died" - Shojikan

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
11 months ago#37
The_Ivory_Man posted...
I totally agree with this, I don't know why Buu isn't in any of this he brings a lot to the table.

BS excuse to bring the humans in lol.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen: FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: generic_user123

generic_user123
11 months ago#38
They shouldve brought Dende.
IGN: Bro FC: 1161-0210-5795

User Info: XxBHunterxX

XxBHunterxX
11 months ago#39
super is a very poorly written show so I don’t even think the writers actually know what they’re going to do with it.

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
11 months ago#40
The_Ivory_Man posted...
windfoot posted...
Saphiro187 posted...
windfoot posted...
If they win it is the worst asspull in the history of dragon ball

For the sake of story telling i HOPE at worst it is a draw. But jiren should flat out win.

If jiren loses it is confirmed that gt> super

mind explaining? Didn't watch it all yet

Well ok

From the moment the tournament was announced to the actually start of the tourney they had two days

On those two days goku barely trained having some light spar sessions with most of the cast and a short training session with whis
Vegita had a training session in the time room

Before the tournament it was never stated they were nowhere close to hakaishins levels. In the manga vegita is koed effortlelsy by beerus

Now they are in the tournament and there is a fighter that is actually STRONGER than the hakaishins. The tournament is 50 minutes long

In that time span goku is going to not only get a new form exclusive to the gods but get proficient in it enough to beat someone stronrr than a god

A form, by the way, that the hakaishins have a hard time mastering

One can take so many asspulls. That is too much

Whis has been teaching them Ultra Instinct since Resurrection F, it's not an asspull.

NinoSuave posted...
I understand Jiren is insane, but UI Goku was 100% on par with him even without knowing how to attack(They discussed him only knowing how to move in and dodge fast, but not apply that power to an actual attack).

My biggest thing is, how the hell are they going to deal with Toppo, who just happens to turn into a God of Destruction He just insta ragdolls everyone now and even caught Jirens attention mid fight.

I dont see a way Universe 7 win this. Only possibility would be UI Vegeto but I dont think thats an option since Vegeta refused to attempt UI and went with his own super blue.

Toppo was stated to be in training to be a successor to the God of Destruction in his first appearance.

These both had pretty blatant foreshadowing.mudkip72 posted...
windfoot posted...

They should have just let Buu in the tournament so he could play team healer, and justify all the crap with Goku being beaten and exhausted just to regain his stamina within a few minutes.

I think it's because (unless he is the first one to be DQ), Buu is extremely OP in a battle royale: he can insta-heal his teammates without running out of stamina. He effectively kills the tension (not that there's any REAL tension anyways since we know that everyone except for 17 is 100% safe since they appear in EoZ).

Buu is basically an unlimited senzu bean who can also fight.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. If jiren wins the tournament goku and vegeta lost every saga
  • Topic Archived