• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. So, who's using a fight stick to play this?

User Info: DNC88

DNC88
10 months ago#51
So I am currently looking at the SFV TE S+ Stick from Madcatz, costs £80 which is a considerably lower price than when it released and as I understand is roughly comparable to the SF TE1 stick.

Built with Sanwa parts as stock and generally well reviewed - stick men (and women), would this be a good stick? Anyone with experience of it?
PSN - DevilsNeverCry

User Info: SwiftyDC

SwiftyDC
10 months ago#52
DNC88 posted...
So I am currently looking at the SFV TE S+ Stick from Madcatz, costs £80 which is a considerably lower price than when it released and as I understand is roughly comparable to the SF TE1 stick.

Built with Sanwa parts as stock and generally well reviewed - stick men (and women), would this be a good stick? Anyone with experience of it?

I'd look into a stick that you can swap parts out easily. TE2+ would be ideal, though if you can afford it - the Qanba Dragon is the best. It's huge but it's well worth the money, IMO.
Dilated Chemist
Tears from BKSheikah's eyes cure cancer, too bad he never cries.

User Info: BrownGotti

BrownGotti
10 months ago#53
SwiftyDC posted...
DNC88 posted...

I'd look into a stick that you can swap parts out easily. TE2+ would be ideal, though if you can afford it - the Qanba Dragon is the best. It's huge but it's well worth the money, IMO.

What do you think about the Razer Panthera? I've been thinking of getting one.

User Info: SaroShadow

SaroShadow
10 months ago#54
hitens posted...
Yep. I hate pad scrubs

I'm a pad scrub :'(
GameFAQs: The largest collection on the internet of people misusing the word "objectively"

User Info: ForteXX

ForteXX
10 months ago#55
Prefer the pad. Don't really have anywhere to set the stick while playing, ya know? Other than my lap I guess.
Currently: Playing Ys VIII
Thinking about my playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles 2

User Info: mike468

mike468
10 months ago#56
DNC88 posted...

I have the original Mad Catz TES, along with a TE2.

The TES isn't a bad stick. It's just not as convenient to mod as the te2.

The TE2 has a hinged top like the Razer panthera, which makes opening the case to mod super easy.

The TES requires you to unbolt the top panel with a hez key.

As far as swapping parts (button and joystick) they're both the same, and they both come with the exact same parts as stock on both sticks. So quality is the same.

Where you are going to run into issues on the TES, is if you plan on installing a multi console pcb board, like a Brooks universal fighting board or a ps360+. The USB cable is permanently attached to the board and simply snaked out a small hole. The case is so compactly designed that it's a pain to install a nuetrik jack to replace it.

With the tE2, you can use a Jansen ez mod board, which makes it a breeze to rewire the Mad Catz MLG pro adapter.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: scherz0

scherz0
10 months ago#57
DNC88 posted...

Sanwa sticks are fine. Would never need to mod unless you have some specific preference. If you’re new to sticks, this is the standard so might as well get used to it.

I’ve heard ppl modding for an octagon gate which doesn’t make sense. Don’t fall into that bs. Octagons are for shootemups and defeat the purpose of using a stick in fighting games. Sticks are good for quick inputs which square gates are perfect for.

User Info: scherz0

scherz0
10 months ago#58
SaroShadow posted...
hitens posted...
Yep. I hate pad scrubs

Pads are fine for this game, but I would use a fighting pad. You can tell they designed the game with pad players in mind.

User Info: krazyshot1

krazyshot1
10 months ago#59
mike468 posted...
I would say anyone that is absolutely serious about getting a fight stick, to just splurge and get a quality stick right off the bat (~$150 for something like a Hori RAP). They are considerably easier to both mod and maintain than the entry level $70 fightsticks.

I disagree. Learning to play on a stick is TOUGH. You have to relearn how to play fighting games all over again and that can be discouraging. I know people decide to learn stick, buy one then abandon it when they don't want to learn to use it.

I recommend starting out with a cheap stick first to see if you even have the baseline dedication to learn the instrument. Why sink $200 in a gaming peripheral that you use three times then shove in your closet never to see the light of day again? At least if you compromise and only spend $50 or $70 it isn't as big of a money sink.
A Gohan/Black/Bluku

User Info: SaroShadow

SaroShadow
10 months ago#60
scherz0 posted...
SaroShadow posted...
hitens posted...
Yep. I hate pad scrubs

Pads are fine for this game, but I would use a fighting pad. You can tell they designed the game with pad players in mind.

I'm not gonna lie, pretty much the main reason I got this is because I haven't played a fighting game in forever and all the talk was about how this one was easy to get into (well, and it looks awesome). So if anyone was upset about how they tailored the game to filthy casuals, I'm one of said filthy casuals :p (although I'm assuming there's a high skill ceiling to match the low floor)
GameFAQs: The largest collection on the internet of people misusing the word "objectively"
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. So, who's using a fight stick to play this?
  • Topic Archived