"Fodder" Characters.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. "Fodder" Characters.

User Info: XyroDBcentral

XyroDBcentral
2 months ago#1
Look...I love Yamcha because back then he was considered the goat, but ever since he was jobbed by the saibaman everyone made a meme out of him and because of that they were never able to do anything better for him after that point in the arc.

Which Brings me here. I believe that Yamcha and Tien are the representatives of the OG Dragon Ball, and even though there is a chance Roshi and Kid Goku could get in, it would most likely be the former. Because you are easily able to recreate the classic fight scenes from Dragon Ball such as Yamcha Vs. Tien and Yamcha Vs. Goku And Vs. Krillin (kinda).

And its because of these moments that make me cherish fodder characters like Nappa and Ginyu.

People like to jump on the "These characters are fodder" Bandwagon even though they were considered to be a very powerful threat and had very unique techniques. (Hence why they are even in the game in the first place) I would like to see any of you try and beat Nappa or Ginyu or The Danger Trio not even in just a fight, just Arm Wrestling and see how that works for you.
You showing your cards tells me that you're young.

User Info: legendaryss4

legendaryss4
2 months ago#2
Ginyu is the most 'Mahvel' character of this game thus far, most screen clutter too.
"Keep calm and become like Water"

User Info: PrismUFO

PrismUFO
2 months ago#3
.I love Yamcha because back then he was considered the goat

He only won alone against a hungry Goku if I remember well. He even surrended against Pilaf's team.

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
2 months ago#4
When was Nappa even considered fodder?

User Info: Project5Boss

Project5Boss
2 months ago#5
Plant42 posted...
When was Nappa even considered fodder?

Since the saiyan saga dude, Nappa got clowned by Goku and Vegeta could have done what he did far faster and with far more brutality. Nappa’s whole existence was derived to put over how strong Goku got in a year.
DBF Goku Black Main, fiending for that Ultra Instinct too

User Info: scaler24

scaler24
2 months ago#6
How is someone who kills 3 main characters "fodder"?

Yes, Vegeta was much stronger than him and Goku beating the crap out of him showed how strong Goku got, but let's not act like him beating the crap out of 6 Z Warriors and killing 3 of them (4 if you count Yamcha) is anything close to jobbing.
"Anything that comes out of Annie that you try and spread on toast just gets you arrested"
PSN: LightningLoops - LoL(LAN): Scaler

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
2 months ago#7
He was NEVER considered the GOAT by anybody except puar.

The only thing classis about his fight with Tien is when Tien broke his leg.

Goku was hungry when he "lost" to Yamcha.
The GOP:We live to start wars,we live to kill people including the poor,the elderly,children,and those who arent rich. We worship care more about $ than people.

User Info: Project5Boss

Project5Boss
2 months ago#8
scaler24 posted...
How is someone who kills 3 main characters "fodder"?

Yes, Vegeta was much stronger than him and Goku beating the crap out of him showed how strong Goku got, but let's not act like him beating the crap out of 6 Z Warriors and killing 3 of them (4 if you count Yamcha) is anything close to jobbing.

Beating up the Z warriors is nothing special, they were fed to Nappa to make Goku look good when he went over. Simple as that, hell by the time we get to Namek it's revealed that Cui, Dodoria and Zarbon(more fodder btw) were easily capable of the same feat.

Nappa had a lot of screentime and did a lot of nothing. Generic punches and kicks and a mouth blast. This is why he needed to be bundled with a saibaman. High powered, main villain, main character types get gassed more because they get tons of screentime and do more s*** with it.

This is why Kid Boo is being universally praised, and why his views also cleared 100k in under a day while only Trashtain Binyu of the fodder 4 could crack 100k after a month on the damn EU channel.

Mind you, of the fodder 4 I happen to like the least popular one(Tenshinhan). I am going to play him and he'll be on my team but his inclusion caused almost universal sleep across the world.
DBF Goku Black Main, fiending for that Ultra Instinct too

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
2 months ago#9
In my opinion this game doesn’t have a single fodder character. Yamcha was an important sidekick in original DB, Tenshinhan was as strong if not stronger than Goku for a while, and Nappa was a beast in the Saiyan arc to all but Goku and Vegeta.

To me fodder characters would be something like a Saibaman.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force

User Info: Mochzuki

Mochzuki
2 months ago#10
Doom_Infinite posted...
In my opinion this game doesn’t have a single fodder character. Yamcha was an important sidekick in original DB, Tenshinhan was as strong if not stronger than Goku for a while, and Nappa was a beast in the Saiyan arc to all but Goku and Vegeta.

To me fodder characters would be something like a Saibaman.

That's the point. Fodder is an opinion. In my opinion? If you aren't Jiren, Hit, Whis, Beerus, a few other GoDs, Goku, Vegeta, Toppo, and Frieza? Yo ass pretty much "fodder"

Fodder in my definition just means weak. Meaning you are WEAKER than the STRONGER characters aka the ones I just listed. That's fodder to me. Any of those I listed would have to fight seriously with each other at some point. Whereas if they fought anyone else? They wouldn't even have to try. Goku pretty much proved that with how he fodderized and handled everyone in the tournament except Jiren.
PSN: Atsuki12345 , Warlock Max Power 302, Hunter Max Power 299, Titan Max Power ???
"If you die outside during Calus you a scrub."
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. "Fodder" Characters.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived