You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. PSA: 2D and 3v3 overview for newbies - DBZF and you

User Info: DrunkenPilot72

DrunkenPilot72
1 year ago#61
Kugro posted...
Thank God every example he gave was from marvel versus capcom 3. for a second i almost thought this was supposed to be a dragonball fighterz faq.

Oh.

Well, ok then, interesting way to write a topic...aimed to help casual players by giving references from every video game except the one they needed information on.

But uh, hey man...Nice guide for mvc.

So is there something specific to DBFZ that you need help with (since clearly you missed how everything regarding neutral, team composition, and resource management applies just as much to MvC as it does DBFZ) or are you just here to complain?
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095

User Info: SaroShadow

SaroShadow
1 year ago#62
All right, stupid question time. When people talk about certain inputs, usually they use a combination of numbers and letters. I'm pretty sure I know what the letters mean (L-Light, M-Medium, H-Heavy, S-Special). What are the numbers (e.g., 2H, or 214M)? Are they positions on a stick?
GameFAQs: The largest collection on the internet of people misusing the word "objectively"

User Info: DrunkenPilot72

DrunkenPilot72
1 year ago#63
SaroShadow posted...
All right, stupid question time. When people talk about certain inputs, usually they use a combination of numbers and letters. I'm pretty sure I know what the letters mean (L-Light, M-Medium, H-Heavy, S-Special). What are the numbers (e.g., 2H, or 214M)? Are they positions on a stick?

The numbers represent directions - they mirror the number pad on a key board.

The assumption is always that your character is on the left side so 8 is up, 6 is forward, 2 is down, and 4 is back. A quarter circle forward motion looks like 236 (start at down and roll to forward).
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095

User Info: Argh4430

Argh4430
1 year ago#64
DrunkenPilot72 posted...
SaroShadow posted...

The numbers represent directions - they mirror the number pad on a key board.

The assumption is always that your character is on the left side so 8 is up, 6 is forward, 2 is down, and 4 is back. A quarter circle forward motion looks like 236 (start at down and roll to forward).

Thanks so much for that. I saw that a lot on some forums, and I was afraid to ask what that meant, like it was chess notation or something.
You can patch our games, but you'll never patch our hearts!

User Info: Sethera

Sethera
1 year ago#65
Kugro posted...
Thank God every example he gave was from marvel versus capcom 3. for a second i almost thought this was supposed to be a dragonball fighterz faq.

Oh.

Well, ok then, interesting way to write a topic...aimed to help casual players by giving references from every video game except the one they needed information on.

Yeah. Screw him for willingly helping us, right?

I've never played MvC3 and understood most of his tips.
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend.
Sethera posted...
Kugro posted...

Oh.

Yeah. Screw him for willingly helping us, right?

I've never played MvC3 and understood most of his tips.

Also, the OP was from 7 months ago. Most people hadn't played the game yet, so using the most realistic analog that most of us had access to was a fine idea.
XBL GT: LazarusNecrosis
Currently Playing: Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

User Info: Skuld

Skuld
9 months ago#67
Nice guide.

User Info: DragonGirlYuki

DragonGirlYuki
6 months ago#68
Nice
~Yuki~

User Info: Free_Nations