• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fortnite
  3. Is it impossible to link an Epic Games account after you start?

User Info: Crystal_Dream

Crystal_Dream
3 years ago#1
I played this on a whim like months ago, so when I first started, I basically didn't think I'd ever need to link my Epic Games account... but now I heard that crossplay is only possible with an account linked, I wanted to know if it's too late. I got a few friends who play this on PC*, and I'm hoping to get my mobile friends on this too, so is there any way to link my account, or is it impossible?

* Yes, I know I would be queued with other PC players, but I just wanna goof around with my buddies and I'm sure they don't care either.
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
3 years ago#2
I did the same thing. Yes, you can still link it. Download the Epic Games client on PC, make thw account there, and there will be an option under the dropdown when you click your username.
Now Playing: Fortnite
"They can't tell you what to do, when you've gone guru."

Crystal_Dream
3 years ago#3
TheThirdDay posted...
I did the same thing. Yes, you can still link it. Download the Epic Games client on PC, make thw account there, and there will be an option under the dropdown when you click your username.

It's that simple? I'll try doing that next time I'm on, thanks.

User Info: NameBrandj

NameBrandj
3 years ago#4
It's as if you didn't even try first..

Crystal_Dream
3 years ago#5
NameBrandj posted...

I looked in the in-game menu and saw nary a thing. How was I supposed to know you do it outside the game when others like Blizzard, Ubisoft, and EA all do it from within?

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
3 years ago#6
NameBrandj posted...

To be fair, when we first signed into the game, it specifically stated that if you didn't sign up at that point, youd never be able to in the future.

Good thing that turned out to be unture.
Now Playing: Fortnite
"They can't tell you what to do, when you've gone guru."

User Info: An0therBK

An0therBK
3 years ago#7
http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2845438-how-do-i-link-my-psn-account-to-my-epic-account-

My Xbox fortnite account was linked to my original epic account but my psn wasn't able to link because it was attached to a dummy epic account (blank is what epic calls it). So I had to sign in to my psn and create a new epic account like it says in this link with psn I already played on. So now I have 2 epic accounts, one for Xbox, one for psn. The twitch prime can only unlock the free loot to one or the other so it doesn't matter if we can't link both systems to one account. My twitch is linked with my psn epic account because that's what I play on 98% of the time.

Also, be careful. It does say that if your psn is linked to a blank account do NOT link it to an existing epic account because it will erase everything you have with that psn save.

Bold print at bottom of this link
http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2915240-when-i-try-to-link-my-psn-xbl-account-to-my-epic-account-it-says-that-my-psn-xbl-account-is-already-linked-to-an-epic-account-
Gamertag and PSN=LEPRACHAUN31783
  1. Boards
  2. Fortnite
  3. Is it impossible to link an Epic Games account after you start?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A