• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. I think it's about time us console players get more arcade content.

User Info: Im_Just_a_Chair

Im_Just_a_Chair
4 weeks ago#1
Dissidia NT has been out on PS4 for nearly a year now, and with such a dwindling community, you’d think the developers would be sure to please us as much as possible. The arcade version of the game has been out for a few years now, and it’s understandable that it would get new content before consoles, but excluding huge amounts of titles, player icons, and most importantly, music, is plain ridiculous. For the vast majority of players, it’s literally impossible to access this content, since most of us don’t live in Japan, and by extension can’t access the arcade machines. It just comes off as pretty scummy to me. At the very least, I’d expect to have access to the rich plethora of arcade-exclusive songs (which include most of my favorites), but alas, we apparently can’t even have that. I know Japanese arcade players probably love their status, but it should be enough that they already get DLC a month in advance for free. Cutting half of the store content out for us “consol plebs” just comes off as conceited and elitist.

User Info: Lokreah

Lokreah
4 weeks ago#2
Dissidia NT actually is a direct port of Dissidia AC. Multiple data miners have confirmed this. All assets, ranging from icons, banners, music, etc, are in Dissidia NT, but SE is intentionally locking it so that it may remain exclusive to AC. Dissidia NT being successful is not in SE's best interests, as Dissidia NT being successful would mean that SE garners less money from Dissidia AC.

User Info: Animestar5000

Animestar5000
4 weeks ago#3
Make a petition on Change.org I think you'd get plenty of signatures and support cause tbh I want more arcade content too. This all atm just feels unfinished and boring having to wait around for updates
Tecmo Koei = Best Games :D
Add me on PSN -----> Animestar5000

User Info: Yuna1990

Yuna1990
4 weeks ago#4
I do wish we had the music the arcade version got.
Official Yuna Tifa and Materia of Final Fantasy VII X Dissidia NT boards.

User Info: Venage1995

Venage1995
4 weeks ago#5
Yuna1990 posted...
I do wish we had the music the arcade version got.

Amen to that. I want Feral Chaos theme so bad. Either original or arrangement would do since I like them both.
We are the Sons of Sparda! Within each of us flows his blood, but more importantly, his soul!
-Dante

User Info: dentedsky

dentedsky
4 weeks ago#6
We are getting a free music pack dlc at some point down the line. What it contains I don't know.

User Info: Yuna1990

Yuna1990
4 weeks ago#7
dentedsky posted...
We are getting a free music pack dlc at some point down the line. What it contains I don't know.

It contains remixes of songs from 1 4 7 9 11 13-2 and 14.
Official Yuna Tifa and Materia of Final Fantasy VII X Dissidia NT boards.

User Info: Im_Just_a_Chair

Im_Just_a_Chair
4 weeks ago#8
Yuna1990 posted...
dentedsky posted...

And two of the games with the best music (8 and 10) get NOTHING! I swear they’re taking the piss. I’m sick of the arcade elitism. They already get everything before us. People who don’t live in Japan can’t even access arcades! They’re losing nothing by giving Westerners access.

User Info: dentedsky

dentedsky
4 weeks ago#9
Im_Just_a_Chair posted...
Yuna1990 posted...
dentedsky posted...

And two of the games with the best music (8 and 10) get NOTHING! I swear they’re taking the piss. I’m sick of the arcade elitism. They already get everything before us. People who don’t live in Japan can’t even access arcades! They’re losing nothing by giving Westerners access.

Isn't that kind of an exaggeration? Okay admittedly Arcade's OST remixes are loads better than NT's, and I'm not really sure why the music between the two games are so different (I think I read somewhere it was because DFFAC has the same soundtrack as Theatrhythm Arcade but I'm not sure), but exclusive icons and titles... I don't know that I care much about those since you can only equip one at a time, and they're only given to players who get certain achievements, which I probably couldn't achieve anyway lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. I think it's about time us console players get more arcade content.
  • Topic Archived