• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. Is Rinoa that popular?

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
4 months ago#1
Why?

User Info: Alaxas17

Alaxas17
4 months ago#2
Why not?
PSN: Alaxas17 FF XIV: Alaxas Gardell (Leviathan)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Alaxas19

User Info: TheVector

TheVector
4 months ago#3
Well, FF8 regardless of what people say about it, was a popular and successful for its time back in the day (coming out after FF7 of course)

I can see why characters like Squall, Rinoa, Laguna and Seifer are popular with there respective crowds and stuff like that
(message deleted)

User Info: KatoneVi

KatoneVi
4 months ago#5
What' wrong with Rinoa being popular? I personally like her a lot...
She was stubborn, hard-headed at first... but she got interesting as the game went on. I found her character quite fun.

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
4 months ago#6
Just two years ago @xenosaga123 was complaining that Rinoa wasnt popular enough to make a top ten poll for best FF females in Japan.

Now with this incident, shes claiming she is popular?

TBH I have no idea whats going on. But Im guessing rather than Rinoa's personal popularity since we know its not extremely high enough to make a top 10 poll, its something else....might be the VIII fans rallying to support the game all of a sudden since they were so mad before about VIII being treated badly/ignored before like Xeno said herself, and then this happened so they all jumped on it.

What' wrong with Rinoa being popular? I personally like her a lot...
She was stubborn, hard-headed at first... but she got interesting as the game went on. I found her character quite fun.

But we know shes not THAT popular. Just two years ago a poll was conducted in Japan and Rinoa didnt make top 10 female characters, I mean secondary characters made it higher than her like Beatrix. Again, this scared the Rinoa fans since she didnt make the top 10 since this poll was conducted during Dissidia's Arcade days so they thought her chances were low, yet here we are.

Guess SE doesnt care about popularity too much like they said, which we didnt believe I guess. And all the speculation we did over that top ten poll was for naught.
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Best Graphic Novel: Dance of the Sun and Moon

User Info: MutilatedMoogle

MutilatedMoogle
4 months ago#7
I don't like her, found her annoying, her wanting her way ("please take me", "i wanna go", "under contract you are so im going no matter what you say" etc) all the time was enough to make me strongly dislike her. Then Squall ends up liking her only after shes already started to force herself on him, it wasn't a natural relationship beginning, she didn't try to just let things happen (you can be persistent without forcing yourself onto someone) which just annoyed me more so.

So no, not a fan of hers at all.

User Info: KatoneVi

KatoneVi
4 months ago#8
Lol, I don't care what people say... and I don't care what the polls says.
I like Rinoa because I think she's awesome. Have always been a fan.
I spoke out and waited for her to be in KH1 and 2... Dissidia 1 and 2... and then KH3 but she is released on Dissidia NT, so I'm super happy.

Who cares what others think.
And I have always thought Nomura hated Rinoa since she lacks spotlight compare to everyone else.
Even Yuna and her two friends made it into KH2 as fairies.

If xenosaga123 said that in the past and now switching up on his word, so be it.
I don't know xenosaga123 or if he said that in the past. If people start changing their mind about Rinoa, great. I am actually hoping her popularity increases through this game.

I always felt that if Rinoa has ONE spotlight and a voice (now being voiced by one of top voice actresses in Japan: Hanazawa Kana), her popularity will increase. I hope it is true, and if Xenosaga change his perspective, then I'm happy.

Edit: My last hunch was that Nomura actually likes Rinoa a lot but never felt people and the technology would do her justice. That was my theory after the KH1 and 2, and Dissidia 1 and 2

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
4 months ago#9
Rinoa might not be that popular, but FFVIII definitely is.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: Alaxas17

Alaxas17
4 months ago#10
MutilatedMoogle posted...
I don't like her, found her annoying, her wanting her way ("please take me", "i wanna go", "under contract you are so im going no matter what you say" etc) all the time was enough to make me strongly dislike her. Then Squall ends up liking her only after shes already started to force herself on him, it wasn't a natural relationship beginning, she didn't try to just let things happen (you can be persistent without forcing yourself onto someone) which just annoyed me more so.

So no, not a fan of hers at all.

Humans are complicated, it doesn't need to be natural for him to like her despite her making her way in. Ppl dislike her so much for being more in touch with her feelings
PSN: Alaxas17 FF XIV: Alaxas Gardell (Leviathan)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Alaxas19
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. Is Rinoa that popular?
  • Topic Archived