cid or caius for ffXIII villain

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. cid or caius for ffXIII villain

User Info: soulcaster101

soulcaster101
1 week ago#1
i know this topic has been disscused to all hell but with caius in OO now i think people will change their minds. so who should get in?

i think both. yea id like serah to get in but if the game get a 4th character id hope id be her or the other villain. FF XII gets vayne and garbanath. why cant XIII?
do not think me so easily bested

User Info: BahamutX978

BahamutX978
1 week ago#2
I mean, between the two, if its up to me, I would pick Raines over Caius. I just don't like Caius or the XIII-2 & LR stuff overall.
Bored of my old sig

User Info: Neofabito

Neofabito
1 week ago#3
I don't like saying "I'm the only one who..."
But I'm the only one who wants Dysley, right?
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

BahamutX978
1 week ago#4
I wouldn't be against Dysley. I just don't think Dissidia could accurately portray his fal'cie stuff.
Bored of my old sig

User Info: Venage1995

Venage1995
1 week ago#5
Caius for me. Barthadelus would be a good choice too after Caius but if I had to choose a second Villain Rep then I would choose God himself aka Bhunivelze. The dude wields 2 freaking gods as his personal badass double scythe weapon. Did I mention that he is voiced by Alduin? Also have you heard his themes? Divine Love, his first battle theme is just so godly. I know he has zero chances but it would be fun to play as God XD
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
1 week ago#6
Raines is a weaksauce pushover that's even more insignificant than Vossler in FFXII.

Dysley is such an eyesore (and also, would spark religious controversy beating up a "pope" figure), and his Barthandelus form, is too big.

Caius is perfect to rival Lightning, and he's the most active and important nemesis throughout XIII-2 and LR (well ok there's Bhunivelze, but remember Bhunivelze is too OP to partake in something as balanced as Dissidia dueling. )
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
1 week ago#7
Caius is most epic warrior villain in XIII series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwKi--PjA4
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Venage1995

Venage1995
1 week ago#8
xenosaga123 posted...
Raines is a weaksauce pushover that's even more insignificant than Vossler in FFXII.

Dysley is such an eyesore (and also, would spark religious controversy beating up a "pope" figure), and his Barthandelus form, is too big.

Caius is perfect to rival Lightning, and he's the most active and important nemesis throughout XIII-2 and LR (well ok there's Bhunivelze, but remember Bhunivelze is too OP to partake in something as balanced as Dissidia dueling. )

Cloud of Darkness is more OP since it is the physical manifestation of the Void, a dimension that exists in multiple (if not all) of the FF worlds. Exdeath is the dude who took control of said dimension and he had no problems controlling until those meddling kids show up. The game already has more OP characters than Bhunivelze.
I don't know what this Cid Raines is but it sounds just like Princess Sarah lol XD. Ever since I learned that Cid is a candidate, I refer him as the Cid-who-shall-not-be-named. No offence to the people who like him but he is just to boring for me.

User Info: FreelancerZERO

FreelancerZERO
1 week ago#9
Caius by far. Cid Raines never left an impression on me

BahamutX978
1 week ago#10
I honestly think that Caius is the second worst villain in all of FF. Only one worse is Genesis.

xenosaga123 posted...

Caius and Lightning have no rivalry, nor even chemistry in character interactions. Just because they fight one another, doesn't mean they're good rivals.

Cloud and Sephiroth are great rivals because of their history.
Bartz and Gilgamesh are great rivals because they have great character chemistry and their rivalry is played up for laughs.
Hell, even Warrior of Light and Garland are good rivals because their interactions are well written, so while they don't have the kind of history that Cloud and Sephiroth have, their rivalry is more one of fate than of personal connection.

Caius has none of that. He has no history with Lightning and no meaningful interactions with her.
Bored of my old sig
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. cid or caius for ffXIII villain

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.