lets talk about the game. (open beta)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. lets talk about the game. (open beta)

User Info: dawnbomb

dawnbomb
3 months ago#1
there is somehow not a topic for people to talk.

talk about your general feelings and mechanics here :)

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
3 months ago#2
definitely much more than meets the eye. was under the impression Y'shtola would probably be one of the most used units in pro teams. well i still feel this way, but it does require a bit of aim to put the most out for her. her HP attack , Holy , i used to ko 2 opponents at once in a core battle just now. but it does have long wind up time, so using it all weely neely is probably not something to do with her
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310

User Info: CyberBloodline

CyberBloodline
3 months ago#3
I'll pose this question here so I don't have to make a new thread, will this beta have a character rotation like the Japanese beta? I haven't seen mention of it anywhere, and if I just missed it point me where it says one way or the other.

User Info: ezio899

ezio899
3 months ago#4
Did they remove jecht's balls? cuz i can't do any of his combos from 1,012 at all which is a major let down.
PSN:Urabraska

User Info: windice93

windice93
3 months ago#5
CyberBloodline posted...
I'll pose this question here so I don't have to make a new thread, will this beta have a character rotation like the Japanese beta? I haven't seen mention of it anywhere, and if I just missed it point me where it says one way or the other.

Yes there is a post about the rotation Check the second page

User Info: OhHeyltsYou

OhHeyltsYou
3 months ago#6
I’m enjoying it for what it is. In terms of arena fighters, it’s no Gundam Versus, but the controls are fluid enough and the mechanics do their job. Haven’t played the PSP games in years, so I can’t really compare them. But it’s Final Fantasy, it’s fun, and that’s all I really care about.
PSN: NaturaIBorn

User Info: Flownaway86

Flownaway86
3 months ago#7
I already knew I wanted to buy it, though I had doubts. After playing it, I'm really willing to invest hours in this. So fun. Also, since I played past Dissidias I had no trouble understanding the game and its mechanics, but I can see people who never tried it being a little confused. The game is quite addictive.

Also, the rewards you unlock, are they gone when the game releases? Or do you keep them? I got Edea's costume, the color I wanted, lol. Since it creates game data saving, maybe it is possible.

User Info: waterjoe

waterjoe
3 months ago#8
As someone who hasnt played any Dissidia games before, some of these modes available in the demo seem weird...Ranked is available, but we cant do Custom for simple fights that wont go on our record? And for offline theres Gauntlet, but no simple sparring matches are unavailable? I wanted to get better doing nornal online matches before doing ranked. Also pretty weird for the tutorial not to tell you that L3 does things for certain characters, or is that just Lightning?

That aside, im really liking Bartz, although I really dont like his HP attack since it seems slow as dust, unless theres something more to it that I'm not seeing.

And as I got destroyed on my first ranked match, does anyone have any tips before getting destroyed again?

User Info: TeddyRuckus

TeddyRuckus
3 months ago#9
ezio899 posted...
Did they remove jecht's balls? cuz i can't do any of his combos from 1,012 at all which is a major let down.

Jecht's combo system more or less returns in the form of his EX Skill. Except his skill let's him bring more to the table than just perform combos with the same outcome. He's the only one in the cast who has access to a built-in feint and reset button which enhances his close combat game to something better than what he had in 012. Paired with his Jecht Block and you have one of the most dangerous close range fighters in the game.

User Info: cuttin_in_farm

cuttin_in_farm
3 months ago#10
How do you unluck treasures? I got 7 but never got more.
A show of kindness may not do much help, but a show of cruelty may do much harm.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. lets talk about the game. (open beta)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived