This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Trying to find one good teammate for charizard x in battle tree, need help

User Info: pcmike2

pcmike2
1 month ago#1
So this is my current team:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly Nature

Dragon Dance
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Roost

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

Bold Nature
Scald
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Rest

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def Calm Nature

Defog
Leaf Storm
Volt Switch
Will-O-Wisp

On Paper, I have a core fire/grass/water team to carry resistances. This is for singles btw.

I usually lead with zard x, they usually can flare blitz through everything with no problem in the first few rounds. It isn't until I advance in the later rounds when I encounter bigger threats that I struggle with.

I think the problem is with rotom-mow. They have defog, and they have will-o-wisp to get rid of pesty physical threats, but for some reason, burn isn't always enough to let zard x set up with dragon dances.

Additionally, I like suicune, they do a good job at stalling pps, and I replaced roar with ice beam recently.
I don't know if I can find a better defog/rapid spin user to replace rotom-wash. Preferably something with more special defensive bulk.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
1 month ago#2
Suicune could probably go with Icy Wind instead of Ice Beam. Yes it's weaker and has a pesky 5% miss chance, but you drop the opponent's speed.

Let's have a look at Charizard's weaknesses. In his base form, you've got Electric, Water, and Rock. When you Mega Evolve, he becomes resistant to Electric and neutral to Water, but gains weaknesses to Ground and Dragon. You're not likely to see a Ground-type attack on the turn you Mega, since the AI won't pick a move that regular Charizard is immune to. If you want to switch out instead of using your Mega Evolution, Suicune will be your Water resist, so a Ground-type may be better to resist Electric and Rock.

Just off the top of my head, Gliscor might be worth looking at. Toxic Orb + Poison Heal frees up Leftovers for Suicune, since I'm sure you have to use Rest more than once. Protect and Substitute can stall for healing and bleed out PP from an opponent's dangerous moves. I think it can learn Defog if you really want it.

Then again, something... ANYTHING with a Grass-type move should be considered. Curse Swampert is a serious threat if you can't shut it down fast enough.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Trying to find one good teammate for charizard x in battle tree, need help
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A