This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Want to try a Single-Type team

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
4 weeks ago#1
I've always wanted to try building a Single-Type Pokemon team for something different and an extra challenge. Haven't played a lot of the Sun and Moon games, Ultra or otherwise, and I figured that when I finally get around to it that it would be as good of a time as any to try it.

Thus my question. What Pokemon type would work best?

I'm assuming I will still need HM moves like Strength, Fly and Surf to get around but I don't know what Pokemon are available and what Type can best accommodate them all while still being an effective battle team. Any advice is appreciated.

User Info: Nokocchi

Nokocchi
4 weeks ago#2
HMs don't exist in the Gen VII games. At various points in the story you unlock various NPC Pokemon you can ride. You can legit go through the entire game with 6 Unown, who can't even learn anything other than Hidden Power, and not be blocked at any point for not having a certain move.

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
4 weeks ago#3
Nokocchi posted...
HMs don't exist in the Gen VII games. At various points in the story you unlock various NPC Pokemon you can ride. You can legit go through the entire game with 6 Unown, who can't even learn anything other than Hidden Power, and not be blocked at any point for not having a certain move.

Good to know! That feels liberating.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Want to try a Single-Type team