This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Would someone like to help perfect my team?

User Info: Grimboi

Grimboi
1 month ago#1
So this will be my competitive ultra sun team that revolves around mega lucario. I would like suggestions from experienced battlers.
-Lucario. Justified. Lucarionite
Swords dance
Meteor mash
Close combat
Thunder punch

Garchomp. Rough skin. Rocky helmet
Stealth rocks
Earthquake
Dragon tail
Toxic

Toxapex. Regenerator. Black sludge
Toxic
Haze
Recover
Scald

Greninja. Protean. Waterium Z
hydro pump
Hidden power FIRE
Spikes
Ice beam

Clefable. Unaware. Leftovers
Moonblast
Flamethrower
Wish
Healbell

Smeargle. Own tempo. Focus sash
Sticky webs
Glare
Taunt
Spore

So if you would like the ev spreads just ask but yea, my sticky webs mega lucario team feel free to switch Pokémon in and out or do whatever you feel would fit the team better, THANKS

User Info: RoyalDroneX

RoyalDroneX
1 month ago#2
first off, i'm curious on one thing: is this for singles or doubles?
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003 NID:TheChoujinVirus
Switch FC: SW-5068-7679-1687

User Info: Grimboi

Grimboi
1 month ago#3
this is for singles

User Info: Blazorna

Blazorna
1 month ago#4
Would suggest Lucario to have a priority move like Bullet Punch or Extremespeed. Could use Earthquake over Thunder Punch.

Garchomp is more suited for offensive pressure so Dragon Tail isn't a good choice due to negative priority. obviously yours is meant for phazing and wearing down, but the bulk isn't too hot so can't tank too many hits.

Toxapex would benefit more having Baleful Bunker over Toxic, as it protects Toxapex with the bonus effect of poisoning the foe if they use a contact move.

User Info: RoyalDroneX

RoyalDroneX
1 month ago#5
Blazorna posted...
Garchomp is more suited for offensive pressure so Dragon Tail isn't a good choice due to negative priority. obviously yours is meant for phazing and wearing down, but the bulk isn't too hot so can't tank too many hits.

this, and since your team is singles, I'd advise mostly pokemon sturdy for it, so i'm a bit curious in what your pokemon are? I know your Lucario looks like it was set to serve for set-up sweeping and your Toxapex made for stalling but I don't know what your Smeargle's role in your team?
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003 NID:TheChoujinVirus
Switch FC: SW-5068-7679-1687

User Info: shinryu_omega

shinryu_omega
1 month ago#6
Yeah, Garchomp is made for sweeping. I would replace Toxic and Dragon Tail with Poison Jab and probably Rock Slide for coverage. A simple 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe works for it. I might even go as far as replacing Stealth Rocks with another coverage move. You also don't have a hazard remover like Rapid Spin or Defog. If you were to replace something, I'd probably choose Smeargle. It will likely get to use only one move before it goes down. You would also likely need to lead with it if the opponent has a hazard setter. Good luck in your battles!
FC: 1865-2265-6694 IGN: Coma

User Info: Blazorna

Blazorna
1 month ago#7
@Grimboi looked more, and Greninja isn't really good for trap set up. Maybe replace Spikes with Grass Knot. Or Gunk Shot if Naive Nature.

If you're wondering who could be used as a trap setter, a good choice is Ferrothorn. Give it the Rocky Helmet and give Garchomp a Life Orb instead.
Ferrothorn has the bulk and typing to be a VERY effective trap setting Pokemon. It can get Stealth Rocks, Spikes and Leech Seed as egg moves. Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet really is a nasty combo that brutally hurts physical attackers that make contact. For an attacking move in case of Taunt, Gyro Ball is ideal due to the natural slow speed. Another item of choice is Leftovers if you want a little more longevity. Usually Calm Nature is preferred, as using Special moves usually are the best option of how people would go to avoid Iron Barbs to deal with Ferrothorn, but if you want to ensure you go second with as much power possible for Gyro Ball, Sassy is the one for you.

EV spreads for either nature will be 252 HP and Sp Def each and either put the remaining 4 in Def or Atk, depending on if you want to add further to the bulk or give Gyro Ball a little more bite.

Here is the moveset I'd go for

Stealth Rocks - even resisted, it hits everyone and ruins Focus Sash and Sturdy.

Leech Seed: recovery and usually trigger switch outs

Gyro Ball: already explained.

Spikes/Power Whip/ Knock Off: take your pick of further trap settings, Utility with Knock Off, or a powerful secondary STAB. I'd go with Knock Off personally.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Would someone like to help perfect my team?
  • Topic Archived