This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Lycanroc Midnight... help

User Info: FatherGascoigne

FatherGascoigne
4 weeks ago#1
Hi guys!

So I finally gave ultra sun a shot and am enjoying it thusfar. Currently I'm in the early stages of a nuzlocke and got a rockruff with a good nature and ivs.

Im considering Lycanroc Midnight but I'm not sure if i should use him as:

1) Stealth Rock lead. 3 coverage moves.

2) Swords Dance sweeper. 80 some odd base speed still outspeed a lot of in-game pokes and he gets sucker punch. Stone edge, some coverage move.

3) Rock Polish sweeper. His base attack is pretty good but I think he might miss out on OHKOs without Swords Dance... idk. May still use sucker punch in case i cant boost for some reason. Could use crunch instead.

4) I guess he could run SR and a boosting move but that really limits coverage. Only 2 offensive moves here.

Any thoughts? Im aware he's not amazing or anything in general 😁

Currently using the grass starter who I kinda like and alolan grimer if it matters. Rockruff/Lycanroc would be #3. And again, this is a nuzlocke if that matters.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
4 weeks ago#2
Standard Rockruff can only evolve into Midday Lycanroc in Sun or Ultra Sun. Midnight Lycanroc can be found in the wild, but only evolve from Rockruff in Moon or Ultra Moon.

And of course Own Tempo Rockruff can only evolve into Dusk Lycanroc, and only in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: FatherGascoigne

FatherGascoigne
4 weeks ago#3
Im going to cheat to let it evolve into Midnight, cause Midday is kinda bad to me. Too squishy for a nuzlocke. Perhaps should have included that.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
4 weeks ago#4
Alolan Grimer/Muk gets my thumbs-up. Having a bulky Pokemon will really help.

Stealth Rock doesn't get a lot of use in the main story. Mostly because so few trainers have more than three pokemon. Then again, it's handy for a few opponents so I won't discount it completely.

I'd vote #4, with the rest of your team to cover what Lycanroc can't.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Lycanroc Midnight... help
  • Topic Archived