This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Unrelated to Pokémon ultra sun but it's related to Pokémon

User Info: ThinkInk

ThinkInk
1 month ago#1
My Pokémon Heartgold game is acting up.

I got it from eBay not to long ago and this is the issue. On my DS lite it froze at some points but it worked fine soon after. Then I got the 4th badge and after coming back to my save file there’s a black screen. Music was still playing although very quietly. This happened with all my soulsilver and Heartgold games on my ds so it could be the ds’ fault. I am aware that starting a new game without overwriting saves, restarting, and going to save file fixes it but I have no time for that.

On my 3ds everything is fine but it also freezes a lot more often. My soul silver game has no issues on the 3ds m, just Heartgold.

I’m honestly getting real tired of this s*** and I need help. Anyone know how to fix things without messing with the cartridge/console too much? I posted it here since this board is way more active than soul silver and heart golds boards. Hope that’s ok..
Somebody once told me ERROR: THIS SIGNATURE IS JAPAN EXCLUSIVE. ONLY PEOPLE IN JAPAN CAN READ THE FULL SIGNATURE.
FC: SW-6617-2110-8525

User Info: ghost_tails

ghost_tails
1 month ago#2
It's entirely possible that your copy of Heart Gold is not a legitimate copy of the game, which always introduces a host of unknown risks. However, the problems afflicting a bootleg game should not extend outside that game. If your console is experiencing frequent issues with legitimate copies of other games, there is likely some damage either to it or to the SD card. Possibly both. Given that DS games do not use SD cards, I find it unlikely that the card is the culprit, but it's the cheapest part to replace.
Warning: User is known to the state of California to get preachy.
Official - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User Info: ThinkInk

ThinkInk
1 month ago#3
but how do I fix the freezing? I don't want to replace my cartridge because many of them are too expensive
Somebody once told me ERROR: THIS SIGNATURE IS JAPAN EXCLUSIVE. ONLY PEOPLE IN JAPAN CAN READ THE FULL SIGNATURE.
FC: SW-6617-2110-8525

User Info: ghost_tails

ghost_tails
1 month ago#4
My guess would be that your copy of Heart Gold is either damaged or illegitimate. It most likely cannot be repaired if this is the case. Try cleaning the card slot on your DS and 3DS systems, as well as the connectors on the back of the game card. If this fails, there's nothing else I can do to assist.
Warning: User is known to the state of California to get preachy.
Official - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Unrelated to Pokémon ultra sun but it's related to Pokémon
  • Topic Archived