This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. How toxic is the Pokémon community do you think?

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
2 months ago#1
“Dammit ANOTHER fire/fighting starter?”

“Why is a fire starter a dark type?”

“Why does Popplio look like the Greatest Showman’s neglected pet?”

I’ve even heard of people posting pics online of Litten’s feet being stapled to the ground and being like “please stay quadruped.”

Is the community really this toxic? If so, it’s almost as bad as the Smash community...

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
2 months ago#2
I think the Smash community is far, FAR worse than the Pokemon one.

Yeah, the Pokecummunity is a bunch of crybabies, with Genwunner generally being the worst (although they are becoming more rare lately) but at least we aren't making death threats to Tajiri when something in the new games doesn't please them.

Seriously, I never was a fan of either fanbase (despite being a fan of both franchises myself) but the death threats toward Sakurai (even if they were just troll comments) crossed the line between ''Annoying'' and ''Flat out toxic''
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Puglia77

Puglia77
2 months ago#3
It's pretty much a haven if you compare them to the toxic communities like Sonic, FNAF, Minecraft, Fortnite, Steven Universe (staff on SU got death threats), even the brony community.
Proud Arceus of C.E.A.L. 3DS: 3926 5179 1229 IGN: ICanSnake (Moon, US, UM) | Jon (X)
Event List: http://bit.ly/2mVcn2Z Shiny List: http://bit.ly/2wdbxU7

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
2 months ago#4
Puglia77 posted...
It's pretty much a haven if you compare them to the toxic communities like Sonic, FNAF, Minecraft, Fortnite, Steven Universe (staff on SU got death threats), even the brony community.

To be fair, some of the ''Anti-community'' (the who gather together to hate on a franchise, rather than worship it are usually worse.

The worst anti-community are definitely the Fortnite and CoD ones.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
2 months ago#5
Not bad only got sore losers, crybabies and gen extremist

User Info: UltDeadpool

UltDeadpool
2 months ago#6
Seems pretty normal to me.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
2 months ago#7
kinda bad they are but defenitly not the worst but the people who keep complain about every new pokemon game that comes is what is ruining the community but only a little
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
2 months ago#8
Star Wars, Smash, and Dark Souls are worse.

The worst parts of the Pokemon community are the competitive players who are rude to others and the genwunners.
Some people move on, but not us...not us.

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
2 months ago#9
thegreatwumbo posted...

The worst parts of the Pokemon community are the competitive players who are rude to others and the genwunners.

lol those community are nothing
i have been gaming especially multiplayer for a very long time and i have never come across a more annoying, s***ty, ra-tar-ded community than league of legends

i call it league of special needs.

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
2 months ago#10
aryanbrar posted...
thegreatwumbo posted...

lol those community are nothing
i have been gaming especially multiplayer for a very long time and i have never come across a more annoying, s***ty, ra-tar-ded community than league of legends

i call it league of special needs.

Yeah I don't play many online multiplayer games, but they definitely bring out the worst in people.
Some people move on, but not us...not us.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. How toxic is the Pokémon community do you think?
  • Topic Archived