This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. People currently hunting shinies, how is it going? (V10)

User Info: tango5000

tango5000
1 month ago#291
Well, finally got my hands on a shiny jolly Kartana after 2924 SRs. I got shiny at 513 and 1567 SRs, but they were quiet and modest respectively.

My luck at shiny hunting and synchro is getting worse and worse. Guess my luck is balancing out as I got the shiny timid Latias at 15 SRs.

@Minaru44 I actually did mean Celesteela as I intend to get a sassy or quiet one, but yes, eventually Stakataka as well with my extra copies of UM. (I have three copies of US and UM each, don't judge me.)
"I did 20 years of martial arts training in 10 years by skipping the discipline part so bring it!"

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
1 month ago#292
Haven't been active lately. My 3DS has been severly neglected in favor of my Vita. My last hunt wasn't sucessful either. 7 hours of Dex Nav hunting, and Bouffalant won't shine. If I go back to shiny hunt, I'll probably stick to easy methods for a while (Horde hunting and Chain Fishing)

Although I wouldn't be againts having new friends for Safari hunting.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
4 weeks ago#293
Well I ended up trading for a shiny Incineroar, so I stopped hatching Littens. Which is good - I was getting a LOT of Blaze Littens, and with my luck any shiny Litten I would have hatched would have had the wrong ability.

There's not really any other shiny I want. Mortal Kombat is around the corner as well, so I guess I will be taking a break from shiny hatching for now.

I still have like 6 boxes of Totodiles from my last hunt too so I dont even have much space for another shiny hatching mission.
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

User Info: Kidddo

Kidddo
4 weeks ago#294
I don't know how you guys have the patience. I'm hunting for shiny kartana, this is the first and probably the last time I'll be sring for shiny. I've done it for a few hours over two days and still nothing.

3 resets take 1 minute so that's just 180 resets in an hour...
And I just know jolly synch is gonna fail the first time -_-"
1693-7119-2049 / Ness

User Info: Happy1912

Happy1912
4 weeks ago#295
Kidddo posted...
I don't know how you guys have the patience. I'm hunting for shiny kartana, this is the first and probably the last time I'll be sring for shiny. I've done it for a few hours over two days and still nothing.

Don’t beat yourself up! Heck my longest shiny hunts were Surfchu, Type:Null, Kyogre aka Pinky, and Kartana. All well over 30 hours so just put on some Netflix or YouTube. That’s how I pass my time or in my case throw some Elvis music on and jam out to it.
XL FC 3755-2065-2060 Switch FC SW-1289-7377-4301/2DS 4098-9016-5170 O3DS FC 0361-6489-6518 offline 2DS FC 3282-3389-9704 http://tinyurl.com/y2p7vqac my list

User Info: Gringo355

Gringo355
4 weeks ago#296
Kidddo posted...

You have to really want it. It also does really help to have something else to focus on like another game to hunt on, or watch TV or something.
FC 2294-4390-8077 IGN: Y: Ziz, ORAS, S/M/US/UM: Lily Grass safari. Shiny list goo.gl/uZvdnT GT: Gringo355 Arisen: Lily, Pawn: Rose

User Info: Kidddo

Kidddo
4 weeks ago#297
I got it! And it's jolly too. So excited.
Thanks for the encouragement, people. I was watching youtube vids and barely looked at the game screen. I glanced over and see the shiny kartana, almost hit that soft reset on a reflex before I could register what I was seeing.
1693-7119-2049 / Ness

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
4 weeks ago#298
Haven't been active on this topic lately, but gratz to all the new shinies since my last post =)
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: GauRocks

GauRocks
3 weeks ago#299
I've been stuck on the second Vivillon for the owner of the hardware I'm borrowing for three weeks, but I finally got it this morning after 1069 eggs. Not quite as bad as the 1129 on the last one I got for him, but still more than double odds for Masuda+Charm.

I'm finally off to work on the Modern pattern for myself. Only three more to go now!
:{//=|ROYAL DEFENDER OF NABOO|=\\}:
REALLY
- adv. Apparently.

User Info: kompletionist

kompletionist
3 weeks ago#300
Hi everyone, have been on a bit of a hiatus from hunting but I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to everyone who has had a successful hunt recently and good luck to anyone else currently on one!
3DS FC: 1564 3971 2596 IGN: Lilo
Token Aussie @ Prism Islands
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. People currently hunting shinies, how is it going? (V10)