This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. So I recently bought Ultra Moon.....

User Info: WhiteBaitKent

WhiteBaitKent
3 months ago#1
Been outta the loop with Pokemon for the past few years but I still have my 6IV Ditto and a bunch of battle ready pokes on Pokemon Y as well as all my items for breeding (Power Items, Everstones and Destiny Knots). Since I'm not too far into UM (35 hours, taking my time) should I start to transfer all said items/pokes to UM or just leave them in Y until I beat the game? I pretty much have all the bred pokemon I want/need right now (there'll no doubt be some that'll interest me that I don't currently have and want to breed for not exclusive to UM). Reason why I'm thinking of transferring is to battle, as I'm guessing the player base in UM/US is more active. Thanks in advance.
The cancer to video games is if I fail it is the games fault mentality.
Failure is part of growth and everyone wants to skip this and go right to the success

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
3 months ago#2
Beat the game first, then transfer stuff.

Might as well get the single player stuff out the way, get access to everything in game, THEN transfer the goods
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

User Info: retcon_canon

retcon_canon
3 months ago#3
I don't think you can transfer the items from Gen 6 to 7. Pokemon Bank does not allow Pokemon to hold items.
IGN: Syzygy FC: 2166-0623-3880

User Info: WhiteBaitKent

WhiteBaitKent
3 months ago#4
retcon_canon posted...
I don't think you can transfer the items from Gen 6 to 7. Pokemon Bank does not allow Pokemon to hold items.

Figures, they should be easy enough to get in US/UM though right?
The cancer to video games is if I fail it is the games fault mentality.
Failure is part of growth and everyone wants to skip this and go right to the success

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
3 months ago#5
Beat the game, unlike past games, the transfer Pokémon wont listen to you until you become Champ.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: jw91

jw91
3 months ago#6
WhiteBaitKent posted...
retcon_canon posted...

Wouldn't you be able to simply GTS-trade them to yourself? Items do transfer through there. More time-consuming though.

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
3 months ago#7
jw91 posted...
WhiteBaitKent posted...
retcon_canon posted...

Wouldn't you be able to simply GTS-trade them to yourself? Items do transfer through there. More time-consuming though.

From gen 6 to 7? No XY/ORAS has there OWN GTS and SMUSM has there GTS. The 2 GTS cant be traded between each other sadly.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: jw91

jw91
3 months ago#8
Wow, that sucks. I can see why it's the case, but that's just a bummer. I just assumed that it would work from X and Y as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. So I recently bought Ultra Moon.....
  • Topic Archived