This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. ...I will never complain about being forced to save after every trade ever again

User Info: RobotGuardianXL

RobotGuardianXL
3 months ago#1
...something scary happened to my FireRed cartridge a few minutes ago...

I completed a trade to one of my two Sapphire cartridges, then exited the Cable Club. I then proceeded to save the game in preparation for exiting the game. The game reached the 'Saving, Don't Turn Off The Power!' message. I then started doing the same for Sapphire. After that was done, I noticed that FireRed was still 'saving'...then I turned up the volume on the system...

...that irritating scratchy sound that the game had frozen.

At that point, the only thing to do is to power off the system, which I reluctantly did. I promptly re-entered the game to make sure everything was okay...and the following message popped up on the screen:

Your save file is corrupted.

...Total. Panic...

I prompted the game to display the next bit of text, expecting something along the lines of 'you will need to restart your file' or something. Instead, I got something like this...

Loading previously saved data...

...the game was programmed to store the previous save as well and access it in the event of data corruption. I felt a lot of relief begin to wash over me as the next thing to display on the screen was...the save file I thought had been wiped from existence forever. I logged in, and the character exited the Cable Club like the trade had just occured...everything was fine...
---

...I would like to take a moment to thank the developers at Game Freak for implementing that back-up feature. It saved my game file, and a lot of innocent Pokemon. :)
Fan of Meet the Robinsons since 2007.
"Wilbur Robinson is not permitted in the Time Lab." - Robot Guardian XL //AC:NL Dream Address: 5A00-0072-9DC7

RobotGuardianXL
3 months ago#2
...Has anyone else ever had their game freeze during a 'do not turn off the power' warning? I'm just curious how often this happens...
"Wilbur Robinson is not permitted in the Time Lab." - Robot Guardian XL //AC:NL Dream Address: 5A00-0072-9DC7

User Info: Blazorna

Blazorna
3 months ago#3
Never for me, but geez if that happened to me, I would've been devastated. Got all 21 of the 10th anniversary Pokemon they had for that tour. That and my beloved Rayquaza from Emerald.

RobotGuardianXL
3 months ago#4
Yeah, luckily there are no event Pokemon on that file...so nothing completely irreplacable was in danger; just nostalgia.

Still glad everything was okay though...

Unfortunately I was too young to realize about any events going on back then, so I don't have any event Pokemon on Generation 3. I do have a Colosseum Pre-Sale Disk though...which is part of the reason I booted up FireRed for this trade. It's a long story. :]

User Info: iamprestige

iamprestige
3 months ago#5
Holy smokes, that is scary haha! Glad it all worked out for you! Nostalgia is worth a lot! 😀

RobotGuardianXL
3 months ago#6
iamprestige posted...
Nostalgia is worth a lot! 😀

It sure is! :D

User Info: Tilak

Tilak
3 months ago#7
I've had that happen before and young me almost had a heart attack.

Glad it turned out ok for you too lol
3DS FC: 1435 - 6900 - 7452 Pokemon Sun IGN: Touya (in japanese)
TSV: 1248

User Info: bcrazy26

bcrazy26
3 months ago#8
I've never had the game freeze on me but the batteries in my GBA have died while saving more than once due to how much I played RSE and FRLG back in the day so I am all too familiar with that message you received.
3DS FC: 3136-7748-5757
IGN Y: Yukiteru, UltraSun: Taiyou

User Info: hlp811

hlp811
3 months ago#9
Hmm I remember finding my old Pokemon Gold Cartridge, booted up the game to only find that my save file was gone. Now when I save, even though it says it successfully saved upon reboot the save file is gone. So it looks like a battery inside the cartridge died and is unable to store data.
3DS FC: 4485-1606-6965

User Info: Darth Mom

Darth Mom
3 months ago#10
@hlp811
Back in that gen. the save file was supported by battery. When the battery died, so did that cartridge's ability to keep save data. After that, cartridges had flash memory thus eliminating the battery problem.
"...even if your grades are bad, it doesn't mean you're failing..." Amanda Palmer
FC #1: 0516-7414-5138 FC#2:3282-3568-7022
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. ...I will never complain about being forced to save after every trade ever again
  • Topic Archived