This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. What you'd like to see from gen 8?

User Info: ImTheLoneWolf

ImTheLoneWolf
4 weeks ago#41
Terrain is stupid. I enjoyed permaweather, having both on the field is stupid.
Z-moves suck. Megas suck.
Give hail a Def buff equivalent to the SpD buff that rock types get. Thats it. We can talk about buffing ice types another time, but that small change makes logical sense.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DemigodGamer

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
4 weeks ago#42
yveltianknight9 posted...
The totaly destroyed ruins of festival plaza's still burning destroyed everything and an online interface that is not a complete downgrade from the one that worked just fine.

Otherwise less hand holding and more to do end game, battle facilities were a pain but at least they were fun, unlike the gen 5 through 7 ones.

Festival Plaza was fine. The things you could do in it weren't bad at all.

What sucked is that you were forced to go through it for battling and trading.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: StarWarsfan1984

StarWarsfan1984
4 weeks ago#43
MsMeiriona posted...
Vs seeker returns.

A "This is not my first Pokemon Journey" option at the start that skips tutorials.

I agree with these two.

I would also like to add:

Emerald style Battle Frontier

Two rivals so that all three starter Pokemon get picked and we can get both a friendly rivals and a jerk rival

Being able to do online trading with having to subscribe to Nintendo Online
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0539-9116-6212 Name: Jeremy
Pokemon Go Friend Code: 2420-6677-4818

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
4 weeks ago#44
StarWarsfan1984 posted...

Being able to do online trading without having to subscribe to Nintendo Online

FTFY

And it's never gonna happen. lol.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: moodydude

moodydude
4 weeks ago#45
Skull_pro posted...
moodydude posted...
Happy1912 posted...
The storyline has lacked or they just want the player to save the world. It gets old really fast. But turn it for something better at least.

Exactly, keep it subtle like gen 1 and 2. You're mostly just off doing you're own thing, occasionally running into some bad guys or something. Maybe the evil team is just a better team flare (an evil organization using pokemon for their own profit fronting as a charitable company) or a less stupid team skull (gangsters that don't really have any goal other than to be jerks)

So basically, you don't want a story at all...

You don't need a massive story to have a good game. Most of the time it only leads to hand holding and blocked off areas. I'm saying keep story minimal so we're not kept on in a leash the whole time.
3DS: 5215-3489-7299

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163
4 weeks ago#46
StarWarsfan1984 posted...
MsMeiriona posted...
Vs seeker returns.

A "This is not my first Pokemon Journey" option at the start that skips tutorials.

I agree with these two.

I would also like to add:

Emerald style Battle Frontier

Two rivals so that all three starter Pokemon get picked and we can get both a friendly rivals and a jerk rival

Being able to do online trading without having to subscribe to Nintendo Online

*without?
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Pokemon Meta is BS because power creep. Smash Community in a nutshell - https://imgtc.com/i/6TSgiDM.jpg

User Info: yveltianknight9

yveltianknight9
4 weeks ago#47
Skull_pro posted...
yveltianknight9 posted...
The totaly destroyed ruins of festival plaza's still burning destroyed everything and an online interface that is not a complete downgrade from the one that worked just fine.

Otherwise less hand holding and more to do end game, battle facilities were a pain but at least they were fun, unlike the gen 5 through 7 ones.

Festival Plaza was fine. The things you could do in it weren't bad at all.

What sucked is that you were forced to go through it for battling and trading.

Pretty much my problem with it. That and the fact that there wasn't an auto ignore option for when you specifically put down you don't want to trade. You'd think a setting that has you say your not interested would actually do something.
Psn ID XxdrakenguardxX. Fc is 1392-5980-9260.
Life's full of lemons, not all of them make lemonade.

User Info: Happy1912

Happy1912
4 weeks ago#48
Joshsun posted...
Happy1912 posted...
moodydude posted...
@Happy1912 I'm not sure how well no story would go over, especially with two regions. But a minimal one or at least one that doesn't keep you on a leash and one huge region with a large post game area would be awesome.

The storyline has lacked or they just want the player to save the world. It gets old really fast. But turn it for something better at least.

But I like saving the world. That was a BIG thing that SM lack. USUM knew what we want.

I’ve played since gen 1 and the old save the world story gets very old very fast.

Personally, give us a better story or how about where the protagonist actually gets in on the International police force now that’s a story worth doing.

Gen 7 lacked I feel in story because again I’ve played since gen 1. So the save the world is getting old for me.
FC 0361-6489-6518 3DS XL FC 3755-2065-2060 Switch FC SW-1289-7377-4301 Happy Halloween!!! This owl takes flight in the night when things don't look right.

User Info: ImTheLoneWolf

ImTheLoneWolf
4 weeks ago#49
How about this story:

Youre a kid trying to become the Pokemon Master.

Thats it. Thats all I want to do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DemigodGamer

User Info: Slonk

Slonk
4 weeks ago#50
Three things:

The ability to switch the pokeballs your Mons are in (Still want to use a full beast ball team without wasting hours).

Skippable cutscenes (3+ hours of the same scenes really makes me not want to do repeat runs of a game)

Remove IVs, Natures and EVs can stay (All IVs do is make you breed for hours to be on par with everyone else. Natures are already quick and easy to get, and EVs take no longer than 15 minutes to max out with the right setup. Changing How Hidden Power works Shouldn't be too hard, just let us choose which HP we want)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. What you'd like to see from gen 8?
  • Topic Archived