This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Anime: "I didn't paint this pink for nothin! We're gonna get creamed!"

User Info: kaonohiokala

kaonohiokala
3 months ago#1
So I've been tryna play this game along with the anime. And in an episode I'm just watching now, I heard the most peculiar line.

Episode 435 of the anime (also known as AG161 or Season 902 Ep. 4), Odd Pokemon Out! (~15:10 minute mark)

Context: Grovyle is defeated by a wild Tropius, and is rescued by Nurse Joy's Meganium, who Tropius refuses to attack. Meganium later heals Grovyle at the Pokemon Center, and Grovyle falls in love with Meganium, but is embarrassed from his defeat to Tropius. Grovyle decides to go back to rematch Tropius. Meanwhile, Team Rocket convinces Tropius to come away with them, under the condition that Meganium comes also. Team Rocket subsequently captures Meganium. Grovyle returns to face Tropius and defeats him, and Team Rocket arrives with Meganium to pick up Tropius. At this point, Meganium heals Tropius and Grovyle realizes Meganium and Tropius are in love with each other. Team Rocket captures the other Pokemon, and Grovyle retaliates by evolving into Sceptile and attacks Team Rocket, who are sitting in their giant pink robot. Meowth then states, "I didn't paint this pink for nothin'! We're gonna get creamed!"

(You can watch this episode on Amazon Prime or probably find it on YouTube)

Is this an example of an inappropriate joke slipping through, or is there some other joke I'm missing
I still support Stannis Baratheon, the one true king of Westeros.

User Info: Dvs161

Dvs161
3 months ago#2
Maybe the robot is less likely to be attacked if it's pink and girly? Not sure about that one.
Steel-type is #1

User Info: Megatonez

Megatonez
3 months ago#3
It definitely sounds like an inappropriate joke, but without seeing the entire episode, I'm not sure.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan
FC: 3196-5520-3185, IGN: Kokichi TSV: 2259, 2704, 3761

User Info: kaonohiokala

kaonohiokala
3 months ago#4
I gave you the entire context.

Continuing the series, I'm noticing other well-hidden "adult" jokes that really wouldn't make sense otherwise.

In the episode where James temporarily teams up with Cassidy and Jessie with Butch, the episode starts with another one with James telling Jessie something like, "it's just like a woman to not keep her cage closed."

like wut
I still support Stannis Baratheon, the one true king of Westeros.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Anime: "I didn't paint this pink for nothin! We're gonna get creamed!"
  • Topic Archived