This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Verlisifurry wants Nintendo to take down Pokemon Showdown

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 months ago#41
Skull_pro posted...
Because they are? I have several friends that flat out refuse to pay for Pokemon games since Showdown is a thing, and a coworker of mine bought Ultra Moon solely because he learned I was playing the games. He keeps nagging me about showdown to this day.

Why are they playing Showdown instead of the actual game and why does your friend nag you about this.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: gbchaosmaster

gbchaosmaster
3 months ago#42
I'm guessing they prefer Showdown to the games because Showdown goes right to the point of battling and team customization whereas the games aim to appeal to the rather lackluster story and gambling factors of the ingame content, causing their competitive battling to suffer.

Even if you use a hacking device, showdown is still faster - you just click on buttons instead of typing out codes.

Oh, and Showdown is free. Moreso if you don't have the game system either. Poorer families are much more likely to afford and own a PC able to play showdown than a 3DS.
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
3 months ago#43
Lexifox posted...
Skull_pro posted...
Because they are? I have several friends that flat out refuse to pay for Pokemon games since Showdown is a thing, and a coworker of mine bought Ultra Moon solely because he learned I was playing the games. He keeps nagging me about showdown to this day.

Why are they playing Showdown instead of the actual game and why does your friend nag you about this.

The one nagging me is because while he does have the game, his competitive team is on showdown.

The others are just don't want to pay for it, and it's not because they are poor. They have the whole set; Gaming rig, PS4, Switch, Xbox one S, PS Vita and heck, even 3DS. So yeah, they can easily affaord it.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 months ago#44
Again, why are your friends playing Showdown and not the games proper? Is it purely money?
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Flappers

Flappers
3 months ago#45
SDragonTidal posted...
verlis is actually right though

this s*** is illegal and shoulld have been taken down a long time ago

But the people making their own games and ROMs is okay?
Look at my bio to check what Egg-Move/Hidden Ability Pokemon I will breed for you.
I also have shinies for trade in exchange for a Pokemon I want.

User Info: kompletionist

kompletionist
3 months ago#46
Flappers posted...
SDragonTidal posted...
verlis is actually right though

this s*** is illegal and shoulld have been taken down a long time ago

But the people making their own games and ROMs is okay?

At least they don't profit off of ad revenue.
3DS FC: 1564 3971 2596 IGN: Lilo
Token Aussie @ Prism Islands

User Info: kaonohiokala

kaonohiokala
3 months ago#47
kompletionist posted...
Rikiaz posted...
How does Showdown encourage cheating?

Because people test teams on SD then gen them in to use at VGC etc.

People also test teams on Showdown, then breed them in-game to use at VGC.

Regardless, if a hacked mon is legal and passes Nintendo censors, then it's essentially the same as a legitimately obtained mon.
I still support Stannis Baratheon, the one true king of Westeros.

User Info: kompletionist

kompletionist
3 months ago#48
kaonohiokala posted...
kompletionist posted...
Rikiaz posted...

Regardless, if a hacked mon is legal and passes Nintendo censors, then it's essentially the same as a legitimately obtained mon.

No-one is saying it isn't. It's still cheating though.
3DS FC: 1564 3971 2596 IGN: Lilo
Token Aussie @ Prism Islands

User Info: Mastadi

Mastadi
3 months ago#49
To those crying about double standard regarding showdown vs other pokemon fangames

Nobody really cares about other fan games being shut down

Oh sure, people will moan and whine and damn Nintendo, and I agree that it sucks since the pokemon setting provides a nice outlet for amateur game makers' creativity, but

A month after it's gone, nobody really cares aside from those closely involved in the project

Now, if ninny took a hardline stance on showdown and other battle sims? You'd hear about it, and you'd hear about it for months. Nintendo knows that, and they don't want to poke the bee hive. Besides, there are plenty of people who play competitive almost exclusively on showdown but still buy the actual games, and they don't want to miss out on that market
"I'm pretty sure you're confusing female with downs syndrome" - EnglishLanguag

User Info: MegaCamerupt

MegaCamerupt
3 months ago#50
kompletionist posted...
kaonohiokala posted...
kompletionist posted...
Rikiaz posted...

No-one is saying it isn't. It's still cheating though.

Showdown actually encourages not cheating. Without it people would just gen a new team every time they wanted to test on battle spot, the only place to test teams
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Verlisifurry wants Nintendo to take down Pokemon Showdown
  • Topic Archived