This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: UltDeadpool

UltDeadpool
4 months ago#1
Strong: Dark, Dragon, Fighting
Resists: Dark, Fighting
Immune: Dragon
Weak: Ice, Poison, Steel
Resisted By: Fire, Grass, Poison, Steel
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User Info: MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona
4 months ago#2
why?
3DS FC 0877-2205-4062
Friend Safari Water Type, Gyarados, Bibarel, Azumarill.

User Info: UltDeadpool

UltDeadpool
4 months ago#3
MsMeiriona posted...
why?

Many people consider them overpowered. It also makes no sense why they resist Bug, who are crapped on enough, or why these nature spirits would harm plants. Also given their connection to nature, life doesn’t really thrive in cold.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
4 months ago#4
Get rid of the Dragon immunity. Resisted I am find with, but not a out right immunity.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
4 months ago#5
Joshsun posted...
Get rid of the Dragon immunity. Resisted I am find with, but not a out right immunity.

It definitely needs the immunity, because nothing being immune to Dragon was the big problem with it in Gens 4 and 5

That's why they introduced Fairy in the first place, to get rid of the dominance Dragons held over the meta
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
4 months ago#6
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Joshsun posted...

It definitely needs the immunity, because nothing being immune to Dragon was the big problem with it in Gens 4 and 5

That's why they introduced Fairy in the first place, to get rid of the dominance Dragons held over the meta

No the Dragon moves themselves were not the reason Dragons were dominate, They were strong, but a outrage into a steel type would help the steel type in the match since it took little damage.

The reason they were dominated was because of higher stats and moves to deal with other Pokémon.

Take Garchomp, he may run outrage or Dragon Claw, but his bread and butter was really Earthquake since that's what he be using most times on a non flying type. Or Dragonite and his flying moves since he gets stab. I think Dragon moves were fine as is, I mean Garchomp is still a big threat even with fairies and ice types running around since his move set has counters for both.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: Nokocchi

Nokocchi
4 months ago#7
The big thing about Fairy is that is usually forces many Pokemon weak to Fairy to run Poison or Steel moves as coverage, something they would otherwise never do. So Dragons(and Dark/Fighting Types) have to use up one their four moveslots on types no-one would ever think of running without STAB in Gen V and earlier.

While making Ice SE against Fairy might seem like a way to make the type better on paper, it will only increase the use of Ice coverage, since at least Poison and Steel have resistances to Fairy, so the Pokemon with the typings themselves can benefit.

The biggest problem with Ice types is not having troubles hitting things super-effectively(its pretty much the best aspect of the type), its a combination of the type being extremely terrible defensively(being weak to 3 really common coverage types and 1 other type that saw a boost in usage due to Fairies while only resisting itself) and the Ice type Pokemon consisting mostly of slow and/or tanky stat spreads instead of fast and frail sweepers that can actually take advantage of their own typing well.

User Info: Gasher4643

Gasher4643
4 months ago#8
lol
this is just a lesser
ice/grass/bug type needs a buff topic
Anata shika mienaku natte omoi sodatteku bakari Kurushikute misekake no egao mo tsukurenai nante

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
4 months ago#9
Fairies are not overpowered at all.
"I'm an atheist too but still believe in hell. That's where you're headed pal." - Mr_Karate_II

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
4 months ago#10
Joshsun posted...
Garchomp is still a big threat

Lol, no it isn't
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman
  • Topic Archived