This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you happy that Pokémon switch is likely a Kanto game?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Are you happy that Pokémon switch is likely a Kanto game?

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
5 days ago#1
Are u happy?

What are your thoughts? Honestly, I wanted gen 8 but I’m still really happy with this.

Having Kanto on the Switch is a great thing. They can totally modernize the region, give it a total overhaul and give us a whole new story. Imagine Saffron City being totally remade to the likes of Lumiose or Castelia city, filled with neon lights giving it a Tokyo vibe. Or imagine trekking cerulean cave or Pokémon tower in all their original glory. I think it’s about damn time Kanto got modernized, the only times we saw it were pre gen 5, before regions started getting cooler and more diverse.

I’m hoping they give it a sort of BW2 treatment, maybe give us a Kanto 10 years into the future. Imagine the possibilities, they’re kinda endless.

What are your thoughts?
it all comes together

User Info: Mavitar

Mavitar
5 days ago#2
I’m upset that the only thing Game Freak cares about is pandering to the parts of the fanbase that made them the most money and don’t give a s*** about the rest of us.

But I’ll still buy it because it’s Pokemon and I like to give things the benefit of doubt.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
5 days ago#3
Zyguardian posted...
Not what I wanted, but I guess it's not the worst thing in the world

This
I'll have to see what it's like though. If it's anything like the allegedly leaked screenshot, and if it doesn't have any new forms or anything, I'll drop it from "Not what I wanted, but I guess it's not the worst thing in the world" to "f*** this bulls*** Kanto is garbage wtf gamfreak is full of gen 1 pandering babies." If they have new forms and the world looks nice and they actually make it feel fresh, then I'll bump it up to "Not what I wanted, but still super pumped." I'll have to wait for the official reveal.
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
5 days ago#4
Mavitar posted...
I’m upset that the only thing Game Freak cares about is pandering to the parts of the fanbase that made them the most money and don’t give a s*** about the rest of us.

But I’ll still buy it because it’s Pokemon and I like to give things the benefit of doubt.

I think we should give it a chance. It might be the best Pokémon game to date, we don’t know anything about it
it all comes together

User Info: FearlessKage

FearlessKage
5 days ago#5
No.
FC: 4639-9132-3455
Name: Riku

User Info: alterzero

alterzero
5 days ago#6
As long as it has Triple Battles it couldn't be so bad but if it doesn't have them I don't care what they come up with because I will not play it!...

I will be waiting until a real Pokemon game is finally made!...
Arrogance - The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.
.- Alter Zero's quote | Status: Trance

User Info: SimonSays

SimonSays
5 days ago#7
Yaaaaaay I'm very happy!!!! ^-^

User Info: Haseo5thUSteel

Haseo5thUSteel
5 days ago#8
Eh I need more info to see if I should be excited or not.
https://imgur.com/gallery/yXozREY
only a fake fan would say no
EDragon Tempest reincarnation.
#FreeDragonRulers

User Info: PyroarBlitz

PyroarBlitz
5 days ago#10
*yawn*

Cant GF come up with something better then another game that have Kanto in it, I get it the region that started it all, but IMO, we dont really need another game have to do with Kanto (unless maybe if it was the post-game portion of the game, but a really small amount of it, such as maybe the Main character have to travel to Kanto get something rare to progress into the game and, have to travel to few towns/cities of Kanto to get it).

Personally the only way I want another Kanto game if several of the region was connected together, like have a game wiwhere you travels to Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh together (since I know those three game are in the same areas (not sure where Hoenn is in the Poke Map) and then have another game where Unova and Alola are connected together since they are base on New York City and Hawaii. and I guess since Hoenn and Kalos are the only one left out of the main games, have those connected in some way.

not sure if I will buy another "Kanto game", it will have to have amazing new features to convince me to buy the game and the switch system.

just want to leave this: I may have started with Kanto, when it first came out in 1999, and to be frank, the region wasn't anything special to me, the thing that got me into the game was the pokemon, not the region, but if they dont added anything to make it stand out, I would rather save my money for Gen 8 or other things that more important..
Mine FC: 3496-9833-7175, feel free to add me, if do, let me know, so I can add you too.
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Are you happy that Pokémon switch is likely a Kanto game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.