This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. People currently hunting shinies, how is it going? (V4!!!)

User Info: blueforce06

blueforce06
6 months ago#401
jddcastle posted...
blueforce06 posted...
Finally a Shiny Krokorok

Congrats! That took some time!
I’m onto minior myself O.O

thank you, yea dig was a pain half the time dropping the already low call in rate. I want to go for golett, claydol, and gibite (already failed one :/).

Are you going just REs for Minor or MM? I really want to get one and move forward with the shiny living dex almost done with Gen 1 and Gen7.
FC: 2294-8512-9460 IGN: Pokemon Moon/Sun/OR/AS/X/B2/VGCS Zippy
Gen 7 and Gen 6 living dex complete. OT Shiny Living Dex 355

blueforce06
6 months ago#402
Catluver17 posted...
They were stubborn, switching between targets, but finally got a shiny Blacephalon, quickly followed by shiny Buzzwole. And sync even worked first time for once! *Timid and Impish*

Time to reenter the hell that is SR'ing Poipole, then hopefully my US shiny UB collection will be complete.

Congrats Blacephalon was fun to go for and I didn't know what mind blown did at the time since it was right after release and just panicked a master ball at it. The first one was brave but redemption with the second with timid.

My Legend Collection and UB collection are pretty close to complete. Poipole was a nightmare at first I had UM and US going and around 4000 SRs on US and about 250 on UM and I got it on UM first go figure. It took another maybe 500 SRs for the next one. I'm still missing Sivally ( I have the event) and Type:Null. I bought another copy of US just to run through the game for it and other SRs again and to also enter in more codes.

blueforce06
6 months ago#403
Do people who are going for a shiny OT living dex count event pokemon if the pokemon is not obtainable in game? For instance, Tapu Koko and say Genesect would count, but Sivally and Jirachi would not even without the difficulty of getting a shiny Jirachi?

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
6 months ago#404
jddcastle posted...
I GOT PIKIPEK!!! f***!!
1,125 eggs. I think I’ll go into early hibernation.

Congrats buddy! I was hoping it would show up for you and some point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0j0lO7uQBo

User Info: jddcastle

jddcastle
6 months ago#405
blueforce06 posted...
jddcastle posted...
blueforce06 posted...
Finally a Shiny Krokorok

thank you, yea dig was a pain half the time dropping the already low call in rate. I want to go for golett, claydol, and gibite (already failed one :/).

Are you going just REs for Minor or MM? I really want to get one and move forward with the shiny living dex almost done with Gen 1 and Gen7.

I’m definitely breeding it, going for minior through re is like the Pokémon version of an extreme sport!
How long has it taken you to collect you shiny dex so far?
FC: 0963-3545-8122 | IGN: James

jddcastle
6 months ago#406
dafreestyleking posted...
jddcastle posted...
I GOT PIKIPEK!!! f***!!
1,125 eggs. I think I’ll go into early hibernation.

Congrats buddy! I was hoping it would show up for you and some point.

Thank you! I know it’s just a Pikipek but it went too far and became my Moby Dick 😂

blueforce06
6 months ago#407
jddcastle posted...
blueforce06 posted...
jddcastle posted...
blueforce06 posted...
Finally a Shiny Krokorok

I’m definitely breeding it, going for minior through re is like the Pokémon version of an extreme sport!

Just since S/M release. I played R/B, G/S a lot, some R/S, and LG back in the day and had no clue as a kid what a shiny was.

When S/M came out, I bought a n3ds and just did MM for comp pokemon because I usually had to study a lot after work and it was an easy distraction. I ended up getting up to maybe 50 pokemon when I started buying the older gens. I bought a copy of S/AS/OR/X/W2/VCG/VCC and went for a living dex for gen 7 and gen 6 for the shiny charms. I bought a n2ds since my previous n3ds was used and I felt it would be good to have a back up

After that I went SoS, Horde, FE, etc dual hunting and was averaging at least 7 shiny pokemon a day with peaks at 11 which helped me get up to around 200 up to US/UM release. I bought US digital to play it before Um came in the mail and went for all legends and ubs first. Now it's been mostly as much SoS as possible, but it's getting harder because a lot of what is left is call in rate 6 or 3 so I'm trying to plan out if I can Friend Safari hunt instead or another method. MM will be my last method to use.

blueforce06
6 months ago#408
jddcastle posted...
blueforce06 posted...
jddcastle posted...
blueforce06 posted...
Finally a Shiny Krokorok

I watched a streamer RE it and found one way under MM odds. I miss MM, but using two systems makes it hard to MM together or even one.

jddcastle
6 months ago#409
blueforce06 posted...
jddcastle posted...
blueforce06 posted...
jddcastle posted...
blueforce06 posted...
Finally a Shiny Krokorok

Just since S/M release. I played R/B, G/S a lot, some R/S, and LG back in the day and had no clue as a kid what a shiny was.

When S/M came out, I bought a n3ds and just did MM for comp pokemon because I usually had to study a lot after work and it was an easy distraction. I ended up getting up to maybe 50 pokemon when I started buying the older gens. I bought a copy of S/AS/OR/X/W2/VCG/VCC and went for a living dex for gen 7 and gen 6 for the shiny charms. I bought a n2ds since my previous n3ds was used and I felt it would be good to have a back up

After that I went SoS, Horde, FE, etc dual hunting and was averaging at least 7 shiny pokemon a day with peaks at 11 which helped me get up to around 200 up to US/UM release. I bought US digital to play it before Um came in the mail and went for all legends and ubs first. Now it's been mostly as much SoS as possible, but it's getting harder because a lot of what is left is call in rate 6 or 3 so I'm trying to plan out if I can Friend Safari hunt instead or another method. MM will be my last method to use.

Blimey, I’m averaging 1 a week! But then again I’m only playing on my bus ride to and from work. I tried SOS but counting moves used to avoid struggle and counting help appearances did my head in, but I’ll likely go back to it at some point. Haven’t seriously tried sr in the wormholes yet.

I didn’t know what a Shiny was when I was a kid either, and then wilst playing VC Silver recently I encountered a shiny Drowzee (-_-) whilst hunting for Yanma. So I’ll breed it in game for the amazing shiny odds as much as possible.

User Info: butts210

butts210
6 months ago#410
Took me like 4 phases to get my shiny noibat, got in 3 days maybe around 500-600 encounters total, no shiny charm
Drake pushes B to stop bulbasaur from evolving, he leans in close to his game boy and whispers "You never have to change for me..."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. People currently hunting shinies, how is it going? (V4!!!)
  • Topic Archived