This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Ultra Wormhole Research! v3

User Info: Mamamama99

Mamamama99
2 months ago#61
ItzTonio posted...
I am currently hunting for shiny Latios in the ultra wormhole with no shiny charm... Can anyone tell me the chance of getting it shiny please? Thanks in advanced! :D

Legendaries don't have increased shiny chance in the Wormhole. So you'll have to SR for it, and without SC you'll be hunting at 1/4096 odds just like any other SR hunt in this gen.
"Time is shinies, money is Balls." ~ Somebody. Maybe. I don't know. But it's true so whatever.
FC : 1392-9572-4261 IGN : Erin

User Info: Kuya471

Kuya471
2 months ago#62
Late to the party, but can someone tell me if SR'ing also changes Ability? (for non-legendaries obviously) e.g. If I find a shiny Yanmega with Tinted Lens, can I SR for one with Speed Boost? Or is it just Nature and IVs?
FC: 3325-2694-7382
IGN: Vertiguous

User Info: Doredia

Doredia
2 months ago#63
Kuya471 posted...
Late to the party, but can someone tell me if SR'ing also changes Ability? (for non-legendaries obviously) e.g. If I find a shiny Yanmega with Tinted Lens, can I SR for one with Speed Boost? Or is it just Nature and IVs?

It’s been a while since I’ve played this but I think you can SR to change the abilty while keeping the Pokémon shiny. I’ll check.

User Info: Doredia

Doredia
2 months ago#64
Sorry for the double post, but my last comment has been locked so I can't edit it anymore.
Just checked on a Shiny Magcargo. Can confirm its ability has changed through Soft-resetting.

User Info: Kuya471

Kuya471
2 months ago#65
Got it. Thanks for taking the time to test that!
FC: 3325-2694-7382
IGN: Vertiguous

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
1 month ago#66
Any tips on how to get further and further in the wormhole? I'm getting very frustrated doing this multiple times for hours just to get a Terrakion. Kinda bulls***.

User Info: Mamamama99

Mamamama99
1 month ago#67
HakuMan111386 posted...
Any tips on how to get further and further in the wormhole? I'm getting very frustrated doing this multiple times for hours just to get a Terrakion. Kinda bulls***.

Other than switching to the control stick instead of tilting your console, I'd say looking ahead as much as possible helps a lot in avoiding blue orbs and holes you don't want to get into. Also don't try to pick up all orange orbs cause it's impossible and you end up getting less, instead try to find the areas with the highest density of them (this is mostly true at the start). That's about all the advice I can give, after a few times you should get to 4,000-4,500+ LY on a regular basis. Doesn't mean you'll get a lvl 4 wormhole on each trip but it's better than nothing.
"Time is shinies, money is Balls." ~ Somebody. Maybe. I don't know. But it's true so whatever.
FC : 1392-9572-4261 IGN : Erin

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
1 month ago#68
Honestly, don't try to force Level 4s. Level 3 might not be guaranteed but it's still a fairly good chance. I've been through EIGHT legendary capture runs and done that crappy minigame (I fully agree here) far too many times... and from my experience by the time you actively find a Level 4 of the right color you probably got an encounter or more by diving in the first (reasonable far) Level 3. I more or less played it depending on situation usually. If I manage to go fast for a long time I tend to risk it longer and see if I can find a Level 4 or at the very least the next Level 3. If I get hit too much and know I won't go on much longer I'll grab the next best option. Personally I barely ever get beyond 4000 and depending on luck still emptied each hole relatively quick (not counting the actual specific capture process).

Of course, I never hunted specifically until my last run or so since I would just grab everything and thus minimize the pool bit by bit. If you are hunting for something specific and want to leave the others alone, that naturally will take longer.
FC: 3841-0076-6306, IGN (UM): Aurora, (Moon): Luna, (Y/AS): Maia
My Sheet: https://goo.gl/U1qVzv Always looking for legit/uncloned Legends from my list.

User Info: Kushinadahime

Kushinadahime
1 month ago#69
Cool topic.
Why are you reading this?

User Info: fuzzyman

fuzzyman
1 month ago#70
I just started the wormholes this past couple weeks. I already have captured a fair bit of legendaries, all the beasts, and all but one of the common set for sun. I think I need 2 red, 7 green, 3 blue, and 4 yellow. Try to focus on the green!

I get up to about 4000 ly and fizzle out, my high is below 5000, but yet I have guzzlord , dalgia and cresselia.

I am saving master ball for mewtwo
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Ultra Wormhole Research! v3